Klaus-Dieter

2017 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

1 hour ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Btw: So "Fun at the icy cold beach" will be available already in June, too?

Yes it will. At least they will not get a sun burn if it's icy cold. :wink:

5 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

According to Brickset:

30355 Jungle ATV

40256 Create The World (Is this a creationist promo set?! :laugh:)

Thank you very much for the link, Lego_Talk! :classic:

Btw: So "Fun at the icy cold beach" will be available already in June, too?

I don't think this is reall. They've categorised it under Modern Day with no link. I'm quite suspicious that it's a April Fools prank

On 2/27/2017 at 6:40 AM, Klaus-Dieter said:

I completey agree with you, Legoman123!

At about 0:33 in the following video you can clearly detect a big tan statue with a small cave next to it, a golden tumbler as treasure on its top and on the right a river with a small some sort of rope bridge above. So the Jungle Explorer Exclusive supposably will include:

- huge double rotor helicopter

- 4x4

- cargo boat

- watchtower

- ancient statue with cave and part of river with rope bridge above

Suppoably this is the best, but even the most expensive, set of the whole line!

I completely agree with you, makoy!

I was really looking forward to the FATB set. But now that we've got detailed pics, I have to say that the result is really disappointing! :thumbdown:

The Jungle Exploration sets are - apart from the missing HQ and a missing huge temple and that the big vehicles are for my taste too huge - amazing! :thumbup: 

Hehe, I wish we got those large buildings and skyscrapers in the center, one can only wish...

On 05/03/2017 at 5:35 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

According to the CG EXclusive:

It's very likely that the small sailing boat shown at the Legoworld layout will be included. But did anyone detect which CG stuff will come with it? I mean: That helicopter above looks exactly like the one from tthe CG Heavy Rescue Helicopter set and it's absolutely unrealistic that there'll be one heli in two sets, isn't it?

I noticed Brickset listed this set here: 60168 Sailboat Rescue

I'm wondering if the sailboat that will come in the set will be the same that the video's one?

Considering this year's stuff, we'll get:

• a seaplane
  • a heavy-duty helicopter
  • a 4X4
  • a QG + a rescue boat + a yacht

Looking at what Lego has done before, i think a twin rotor helicopter is missing like in the 60093 Deep Sea Helicopter set or the 60125 Volcano Heavy Lift Helicopter. Plus, the ultimate Jungle Explorer set seems to be a big plane, not a big helicopter.

But maybe the 60148 Sailboat Rescue is not a big set, just a boat with a lighthouse or a rescue watchtower...

It's very hard to say what the Sailboat Rescue set will include. Very likely the white yacht with the green sails seen in the video. Maybe the same heli, maybe not. What is sure ist that it can't be more than maximum 70 Euros since the Jungle Exclusive seems to be a huge (and expensive) set - I bet in about the same price like 60125.

According to Brickset, the Jungle Exclusive is 60162 Jungle Air Drop Helicopter. So it's no plane. But maybe it's some sort of a heliplane (a bigger version of the one we got in summer 2013).

5 hours ago, Sinthoras said:

Sailboat rescue is pretty disappointing in my opinion. German shop has photo up.

http://www.familienshopping24.de/City-Segelboot-in-Not

Thank you for the picture! In my opinion, the colour scheme is not the final one. Maybe the sailboat is also missing some parts... I remember it was the case on this year Bus Stop set: the roof was not complete on the prelim pictures ;)

So, for people who are doing beach diorama (like i'm planning to) and for less than 30 euros, it could be a nice little set to display with 60143 Fun at the beach, 60149 4x4 with Catamaran, 31051 Lighthouse Point ... :)

It's a pretty good set but, it needs another coast guard minifig on that orange boat......it would be odd only one crew member would be doing the rescue ? :wink: 

Thank you very much for the pic, Sinthoras, mikibrick and Kevii23! :classic:

Imo the CG boat inclded in Sailboat Rescue looks pretty uninspiring. And I agree with lightningtiger that only one CG officer is too less. But which disturbs the most is that there is no place for the saved person on it although it's that a huge boat. :thumbdown:

But the sailboat (esp. when watching the video posted above which shows it from a different angle and with the sail not crashed) seems to look really cool! And the small rocks in the water make a nice addition, too. :wub:

I'd say that for supposably 25 Euros, it's already worth buying it for "only" the nice sailing boat with the rocks. And then you can try selling the CG boat via BL or ebay or keep it for extra bricks or MOCing.

Btw: Now I'm really curious about how the final Jungle Exclusive (60162) will look like, what it definately will include and how much it'll cost. It shouldn't take too long til we get pics since I bet that it'll be released with all the Jungle sets already next month. (I watched again the video and looked at the pics from Legoworld. Could it be that the thing in the small cave beneath the golden tumbler is an animal? And since it has about the same color like the majority of the Jungle Explorians' torsos (namely a light red-brown to brown), could it be that it'll be a tiger?)

Edited by Klaus-Dieter
spelling mistake

6 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Could it be that the thing in the small cave beneath the golden tumbler is an animal? And since it has about the same color like the majority of the Jungle Explorians' torsos (namely a light red-brown to brown), could it be that it'll be a tiger?)

It would be great, but I doubt it is a tiger :sceptic: 
1. that means that everyone on the show where "blind", since no one have reported a tiger.
2. no tigers in South America, where It is likely the sets are located..

But I am sure the Jungle Exclusive (60162) will include a big cat, and really looking forward to see some pics soon :wink:

Edited by Roebuck
typo

9 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Here you go (for the lazy people):

1277368206-zachrana-posadky-plachetnice.

Thanks for the pic ;)

The sailboat is nice, but it looks quite empty behind the sail. I count nearly 30 pieces for the sailboat... The sailboat could have a better design without the shark and with less parts for the CG boat.

Pros:

- A new sailboat

- New print for the sail

- Not too many stickers

Cons:

- Low part count for the boat 

- Useless shark (rocks explain the scene)

- The CG boat design

6 hours ago, sebitsena said:

Thanks for the pic ;)

The sailboat is nice, but it looks quite empty behind the sail. I count nearly 30 pieces for the sailboat... The sailboat could have a better design without the shark and with less parts for the CG boat.

Pros:

- A new sailboat

- New print for the sail

- Not too many stickers

Cons:

- Low part count for the boat 

- The CG boat design

The inclusion of the shark seems to me like one of those things that'd be mainly for kids... a shark presents a more concrete threat than getting stranded, since the boat can't actually "sink" and drowning or starvation are both much more abstract threats. I know as a kid I'd have found a scene of a shipwreck much more compelling and urgent if it were in shark-infested waters.

6 hours ago, sebitsena said:

Cons:

Must be the first time I have heard that the inclusion of a animal in an Lego set is a bad thing :tongue:
They are few and far between, even though the shark is one of the more common ones :shark:

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

The inclusion of the shark seems to me like one of those things that'd be mainly for kids... a shark presents a more concrete threat than getting stranded, since the boat can't actually "sink" and drowning or starvation are both much more abstract threats. I know as a kid I'd have found a scene of a shipwreck much more compelling and urgent if it were in shark-infested waters.

You are right. Sometimes i forget Lego's first target are kids ^^

50 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Must be the first time I have heard that the inclusion of a animal in an Lego set is a bad thing :tongue:
They are few and far between, even though the shark is one of the more common ones :shark:

I understand what you mean. I just want to say we pay for the shark and without it, Lego could have design a greater boat with more pieces, ... or with 2 sails!

Overall, it's a good set. I will buy it.

On 6.5.2017 at 7:17 AM, Roebuck said:

It would be great, but I doubt it is a tiger :sceptic: 
1. that means that everyone on the show where "blind", since no one have reported a tiger.
2. no tigers in South America, where It is likely the sets are located..

But I am sure the Jungle Exclusive (60162) will include a big cat, and really looking forward to see some pics soon :wink:

The question is whether TLG takes it so serisously with locating these sets only in the Amazonas territory or whether these should be jungle sets in general which could be located anywhere near the equator. But nevertheless you're suppsoably right, Roebuck.

On 6.5.2017 at 7:36 AM, julesvincent said:

I'm not sure if it is ok to post links to online shops, but you can preorder (and see) the jungle sets here:

https://www.duo-shop.de/de-DE/List/806/0/0/-/1/6/0/21

Thank you very much for the link, julesvincent! :classic:

The pics show us even more details. Although I miss two chairs in the mobile laboratory, its interior is better than the one in last years volcanoe one (where there was no important interior for the immensely huge size of the truck)!

60162 does indeed contain a tiger!!!

i just saw it with my own eyes in Smyths 

Edited by williejm

1 hour ago, williejm said:

60162 does indeed contain a tiger!!!

i just saw it with my own eyes in Smyths 

Did you manage to get a pic of the back of the box? I'm curious if the plane can carry the boat and 4x4 as well

I wonder how much the Big Cats will go for on Bricklink. I love cats, and deadly cats too, but these CITY vehicles I can do without.