Klaus-Dieter

2017 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Thanks for clarifying, just2good! :classic:

Looking at the prelim pic of the the biggest JE set, I must say that it's much better than the Vulcano Base - namely because it includes a decent location. That the vehicles are too big was to await. But the small canoe looks great. And a panther is very welcome, too. All in all I'm really looking forward to this theme and I'm curious to see pics of the (other and final) sets.

1 hour ago, monkles said:

I was underwhelmed by the Volcano line tbh, they really missed a trick making the surroundings have a slight Hawaiian feel. These sets really need more scenery and not just a dozen more whacky vehicles. JANGBRICKS had a video showing off all the volcano sets and it looked comical having so many vehicles with such a small quantity of actual worldbuilding supplied by the sets themselves.

Scuba had a good quantity of both, Arctic understandably is more dependent on vehicles due to the barren nature of polar lands, but the Jungle sets should have at least one large brick-built tree in them. Jungles are meant to be dense and not look like a suburban park with a few exotic animals and 10 large vehicles parked in it.

Adventurers wasn't afraid to have much smaller vehicles and more buildings and context, and it was better for it.

Very well said, monkles. The same is true for other themes too, notably Superheroes, Star Wars, and City. It's interesting to note that the themes aimed at girls (Friends, Elves) have large, interesting builds that give the themes some context and a sense of place. The Friends jungle theme from a few years back was terrific. Presumably Lego has some market research to back up their product design decisions, but I find it ridiculous to have an Arctic theme with almost no scenery. 

The Jungle Research Location looks average to me, just a cluster of vechcies thrown into one set.  I would of preferred more of a HQ set for £109.  Hopefully the mobile lab will be more of a base set.

Excited for these sets! I was a big fan of the Jurassic World sets, so I'm hoping we can get some products here which may be able to enhance the scenery for those. Big jungle environments are ideal, and I actually really like the Research set. I think the concept of a crashed plane in the jungle makes sense and can definitely fit in with the JW scene I envision. 

Me too, can't wait till tuesday! Nurmberg toy fair! i am so looking forward to fun at the beach set and other sets :) 

On 26.1.2017 at 5:58 PM, danimarroquin said:

On The jungle research set , is that a new airplane cockpit mold ? Seems that has a cut on the nose to fit the engine , and a new windscreen design . 

Ah, now I firstly see it! Yes, it is - you are indeed right! At least I can't imagine how they could attach the propeller to the cockpit otherwise.

Will it probably be used in the CG Rescue Seaplane?

Taking pictures is not allowed at the London Toy Fair, at least Lego does not want, so i think we have to wait until Tuesday with the beginning of the Nuremberg Toy Fait. I remember i saw the Fun at the park set and the Advent calendar for the first time last year at that time ;)

2 hours ago, danimarroquin said:

Do we have to wait till Tuesday for the leaks ?  

33 minutes ago, sebitsena said:

so i think we have to wait until Tuesday with the beginning of the Nuremberg Toy Fait. I remember i saw the Fun at the park set and the Advent calendar for the first time last year at that time ;)

Why Tuesday? The Nuremberg Toy Fair starts this Wednesday. Plus legomilk mentioned some time ago that supposably the first pics will surface on the first of February. So it's still maximum two days to wait, I think (and hope).

31 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Why Tuesday? The Nuremberg Toy Fair starts this Wednesday. Plus legomilk mentioned some time ago that supposably the first pics will surface on the first of February. So it's still maximum two days to wait, I think (and hope).

True, it will start on Wednesday. Less than 2 days left!

Tuesday it is. Michael from Promobricks sent this:

On Tuesday (January 31st), there will be a LEGO press event at Spielwarenmesse Nuremberg. The event is starting at 2:00 pm CET (Munich) with some statements of the management, after that guests are allowed to enter the showroom with the upcoming 2HY2017 sets, taking pictures and doing interviews with Simon Kent from LEGO Boost i.e.

PROMOBRICKS as one of the biggest German RLFM sites got an invitation to this event as well. We are covering the whole event through our blog, Facebook, Twitter, ... and will post loads of pictures/video clips from any new set we discover.

As last year, all RLUG and RLFM members are welcome to use our material from our website for their sites and forums as well. We would really appreciate it if you give credit to us in return.

Thank you very much!

Michael

1 hour ago, Cwetqo said:

Tuesday it is. Michael from Promobricks sent this:

On Tuesday (January 31st), there will be a LEGO press event at Spielwarenmesse Nuremberg. The event is starting at 2:00 pm CET (Munich) with some statements of the management, after that guests are allowed to enter the showroom with the upcoming 2HY2017 sets, taking pictures and doing interviews with Simon Kent from LEGO Boost i.e.

PROMOBRICKS as one of the biggest German RLFM sites got an invitation to this event as well. We are covering the whole event through our blog, Facebook, Twitter, ... and will post loads of pictures/video clips from any new set we discover.

As last year, all RLUG and RLFM members are welcome to use our material from our website for their sites and forums as well. We would really appreciate it if you give credit to us in return.

Thank you very much!

Michael

This is excellent to hear! Can't wait to see how the sets look in real life.

On the zusammengebaut website they will show us today all the creator, friends and city sets of summer 2017. Actually all sets except star wars because they are not allowed to photograph them at the nurnberg toy fair.

you are welcome

Well those city sets are a little disappointed ! The sets look exactly like the city sets in the year 2000 , when Lego was about to get on a bankruptcy . One brick and 4 wheels ! What a design .......

bravo for the friends and creator sets , but Seems that Lego didn't put too much thought on the city sets and just went and rush them to the market . 

Edited by danimarroquin

I find these to be adequate. Not mediocre, but not exactly the Second Coming, is it?

Oh my goodness the final products of the Bus Station and the Beach set are incredible! Looks really awesome! 

So the same big cat mould will be use for panther and leopard.

After looking at the Fun at the Beach, I didn't feel the same excitement as the Fun at the Park.... maybe it will grow on me. Right now, I am more interested on the big cats in the Jungle Explorer subtheme.

Fun at the beach is for me now quite ok, hopefully there will be more detailed pictures, i want to see details on torsos, can you guys see if the red swimsuit is the same as it was in collectible minifigs sries?

Based on what I can see on the pictures...

The beach and the bus station look pretty great. The beach sort of lacks something that the park had, probably has to do with the mood of the set I'm guessing, but it's still a neat set.

The jungle looks okay as well. Like the volcano, diving, and the arctic series, I would probably appreciate them more if they were an exploration subtheme instead of being shoehorned into city. I understand why Lego does that, but it would be nice to free up some room in City for hospital and other city related themes.

I've always been a fan of the coast guard theme. This one seems on par with the 2008 one, which I unfortunately never ended up getting despite really liking it. So I'll probably get these ones once I get the chance.

In general, I don't see anything very wrong with the sets other than the category error that the exploration sets tend to have, and the coast guard is really nice in my opinion.

Dang crocodiles, panther, lepards... there's even a carnivorous plant!

These poor mini-figs are gonna have a hard time with these with metal detectors and radios. I think the only lackluster thing with the sub-theme is the over emphasis of the of the sets on vehicles instead of being terrain based; at least props for the crashed plane and river this looks nice. 

Fun at the Beach set is ok for me, I need to see those torsos and other pieces in detail, but I can tell that I definitely get it during first days of release... :)

Bus station is great, really really really GREAT set and I am looking forward to purhcase one or even two of those... :)) Probably along with FATB set. 

Jungle theme...eeeeh ok. The biggest set is interesting for me, but I am afraid that I will be disapointed with it. I always look forward to see some detail (like in Volcano or Explorers theme), but htere are none (like in Volcano or Explorers theme)...So hopefully there will be something at least.

What is most surprising form me ...CREATOR 3 in 1 .. Those houses are pretty neat and I definitely purchase them! :) 

Looks like that this year will be expensive for my wallet...

1. Bus Station 2x
  2. FATB 1x
  3. Creator houses
  4. Ideas house (fishing something...)
  5. Arkham asylum
  6. possibly jungle set (big one)
  7. POTC ship
  8. Ninjago (if it wil lbe good)
  9. ...

and there is Winter to come :D

Damn you LEGO, my wife will send me to psychiatrist...

Edited by Blazej_Holen

Love the jungle sets. The new jaguar mold looks amazing. I think I'll get both colors. 

I can't wait for those.

Fun at the beach looks nice. Just like Fun in the park.

The biggest set in the coast guard line looks awesome.