Klaus-Dieter

2017 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

On 10-1-2017 at 1:09 PM, cebelicamya said:

thanks, what else is in the fun at the beach set? is the dolphin the same mould as it was in paradisa theme? 

That would be great!!

9 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

I would like to answer all the above questions, but I only took a quick look so I don't recall anything specific unfortunatly :( 

I can answer this question: So isn't there a plane included? I can't believe this since this would be too good.

No, just the truck, some location based pieces and I thought a forklift but can't remember correctly. 

Never mind, you've done the best you could do! And thanks for clarifying! :classic:

It's really cool that the Freight Terminal won't include any plane but will "only" be a small depot (?) and a truck and (maybe) a forklift (which absolutely would make sense in order to load and enload goods on and from the truck). So since the set will be about 70-80 Euros, I think and hope that we could await a decent size of the building and even some nice interior (hope is for even a small office there). :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Several of the jungle sets also include the crocodile mould :thumbup:

Thank you very much for this information, Roebuck!

I really like it that TLG includes so many animals since this makes the setting much more realistic and adds more playability. Furthermore it's a chance to get animals for other layouts. :thumbup:

So what exactly is Fun at the beach? Just a beach with little builds and many minifgures, aka "City people pack" like the park set?

3 hours ago, Cagast said:

So what exactly is Fun at the beach? Just a beach with little builds and many minifgures, aka "City people pack" like the park set?

Yes, it is going to be like that. But now at the beach. :wink:

9 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

Maybe we get a 'Fun at the XXX' set each year... Fun at the trainstation.. Fun at a Funeral and so on!

Great idea - although the funeral one may be a bit morbid!!!

I like the idea of a Fun at the XXX set each year but for these to sell well, they will need to include unique parts like Fun at the Park (new torsos, the wheelchair, baby...)

A Fun in the Snow set would be very helpful for winter and ski lodge MOCs if there are appropriate new torsos or Fun at the Wedding would be nice to have more female figures in fancy dresses and hats.

I also hope that Fund at the Beach includes a bare torso for normal sized guys (e.g. not muscular or sumo wrestler but not just plain yellow).

10 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

Maybe we get a 'Fun at the XXX' set each year... Fun at the trainstation.. Fun at a Funeral and so on!

Here is some top-of-minds:

• Fun in the mall
  • Fun at the market place
  • Fun in the baths
  • Fun in the recess

I hope we get this minifigure in fun at the beach! :) Exactly as it is with blonde pigtails, pink swimsuit, head with freckles and red floating tube. It just looks so good!

I would also like to see in the set a diver, new printed surfboard, ( maybe the one that will come in mini set blue wolkswagen?) , a lot of swimsuit torsos and printed legs similar to legs that came in hulla girl from series 3 or lifeguard girl from series 2 to make bunch of different minifigures. Also It wouldn' t be bad if it came with new palm tree, seagull and maybe a bycicle in different color? hmm....maybe I am asking too much

32159946991_9a65cd8e83_o_d.jpg

Edited by cebelicamya

Could there also be a minifig on rollerskates and or skateboard, skating along the prom to the beach. There is afterall a skate park at Bondi Beach!

And could the be a minig combing the beach for lost coins with a metal detector. This would see the return of part #4479 not used since 2010

2 hours ago, scottwb2010 said:

This would see the return of part #4479 not used since 2010

That's because it was replaced by 93106 in 2013, seen in the Volcano Explorers sets from last summer.

Took a closer look:

The Fun at the Beach includes:

Beach Volleybal
A hammock with trees
A small Sailboat (surfplank with sail)
Canoe
Lifeguards chair

The Truckset includes a forklift and a telehandler forklift with some boxes/pieces you can load etc. 

The busset includes a busstop and a newsstand. 

2 hours ago, Blitzismydog said:

That's because it was replaced by 93106 in 2013, seen in the Volcano Explorers sets from last summer.

Cheers. Thought I had seen it more recently. I just searched for Lego metal detector and the old one came up.

1 hour ago, Kevii23 said:

Took a closer look:

Beach Volleybal
A hammock with trees
Canoe
Lifeguards chair

The Truckset includes a forklift and a telehandler forklift with some boxes/pieces you can load etc. 

Cheers for the update Kevii23  Happy to hear there is to be a Beach Volleyball with the Fun at the Beach set.

Here's to hoping LEGO eventually releases a set that is dino fossil theme. I feel they have missed out on several of the IDEAS submissions that reached enough votes. Maybe we got a hint of things to come with the large T Rex fossil that was in the most recent Undercover game trailer. 

5 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Took a closer look:

Beach Volleybal
A hammock with trees
Canoe
Lifeguards chair

The truck set includes a forklift and a telehandler forklift with some boxes/pieces you can load etc. 

The bus set includes a bus stop and a news stand. 

Thank you very much for the further information, Kevii23! :classic:

The contents of the FATB set sound promising!

It's nice that we're getting a telehandler in the freight terminal set (since it's years ago that we got the last one)! Can you please describe the building a bit?

I really like it that the bus set comes with a news stand!

6 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Took a closer look:

Beach Volleybal
A hammock with trees
Canoe
Lifeguards chair

Awesome.......the beach set sounds fun (I wonder if it comes with someone who looks like The Hoff ? LOL), the freight terminal sounds even more awesome I might buy two and can't wait for the pictures. Now the bus set sounds a 2017 redo of a classic town set from about 1979 if my memory serves me correct. :wink:

7 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Beach Volleybal
A hammock with trees
Canoe
Lifeguards chair. 

That's everything i need, but the hammock and the surfplank with sail sound quite identical with this year Creator Beachside Vacation 31063 :/

Does the newsstand fits a minifigure? What is the colour of the bus?

Edited by sebitsena

The bus-set looks promising. I already have the city square set (the first one with the yellow bus) and love that. Love to have something similar, just a bit more elaborate on the busstop side.

2 hours ago, lightningtiger said:

Now the bus set sounds a 2017 redo of a classic town set from about 1979 if my memory serves me correct. :wink:

A redo of set 379 would be most welcome. :wub:

40175 -  City Police Mission Pack

I don't know what the contents are, but it shares a product number range with calendars and storage containers. 

Just bought the new police station and I gotta say the police car (which I just finished building) is one of the best looking cop cars LEGO have made. It looks really sporty and sleek which is cool. And the (new for 2017 I believe) car base piece is neat too.

I wasn't interested in it before but now I am being tempted to buy the High-Speed Chase as well (although its got that big ugly helicopter in it that I have basically no use for)

Is it possible that the Jungle Explorer sets might re-use the mask piece from the Series 11 Island Warrior?

17 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Took a closer look:

Beach Volleybal
A hammock with trees
Canoe
Lifeguards chair

Thanks Kevii23!

The contents of fun at the beach sounds awesome ; I hope we'll see a new printed ball (the same mould as the football in fun at the park) in nice vibrant colours to go with the volleyball set. Also, a nice net element would be cool.

I also like the sound of the boats (for me, you can't go wrong when you've got boats!)

I'm wondering if the hammock will contain any new elements and what sort of trees LEGO is planning on using.

The lifeguard chair should be a nice addition, too. All this is making me think of paridisa's Cabana beach.

I'm hoping for a new crate mould to use with the forklift.

The news stand should be very welcome  and I'm glad that LEGO are designing one for a bus station.

The lego fan

17 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Took a closer look:

Beach Volleybal
A hammock with trees
Canoe
Lifeguards chair

So no TLBM style rubberduck swimring?

20 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Took a closer look:

Hi Kevii23, did you notice if there was a large boat with the coastguard sets?  and if so, was the shape (hull), similar to the 2 previous Coastguard boats (hull 62791c01) from sets 7739 & 60014 or similar is shape (hull) to the Deep Sea Explorers boat 60095 and latest City Fire Boat 60109 (hull 18913c01)?

On 1/12/2017 at 1:21 PM, Mosse1997 said:

Here is some top-of-minds:

• Fun in the mall
  • Fun at the market place
  • Fun in the baths
  • Fun in the recess

I also just had Fun in Downtown come to mind. Obviously, it wouldn't have any big structures, but, it would still have a lot of useful stuff in one box if done right. For instance....

The minifigures can range from business people to tourists. Lego loves their police sets, but even then, you could still have a police officer in a set like this but instead of catching crooks, he or she could be in the role of a traffic coordinator with just the typical motorcycle. For other stuff...

A tuk tuk/rickshaw for public transportation purposes or a simple 4 stud wide Taxi that holds 2 minifigures.

One or two traffic light assemblies with street signs and different things next to it

Maybe some built up payphones on the side. 

Perhaps another Bus Stop sign/area. It is downtown, after all.

Etc.