Klaus-Dieter

2017 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Any idea why do all that bad guys have RED vehicles? And if not vehicle, then LEGS? ;)

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1729.0;a

3 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Do you think, too, that there'll be some traps and cages for getting the tigers / jaguars / panthers / whathever kind of big wild cats under control?

Hmm. Perhaps they are not there to be controlled, just happen to be living in the jungle where something else is happening ...

3 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Many people ask how you know it and when will the pictures. My source Lego itself and the first  pictures I expected on February 1

Edited by legomilk

21 minutes ago, williejm said:

Hmm. Perhaps they are not there to be controlled, just happen to be living in the jungle where something else is happening ...

I agree, the polar bear in Arctic and all the underwater creatures in deep sea live in the environment, but it is not why the minifigs are there. On the other hand the animals bring a lot of possibility's to the set like play features, scenarios, danger and are a real eye-catcher :wub:

2 hours ago, KLF said:

Any idea why do all that bad guys have RED vehicles? And if not vehicle, then LEGS? ;)

They're Bloods? Next year maybe they'll be blue (Crips)

Saw the Prelim Catalog for the summer sets: 

Coast Guard are all essentially the same as 2013. 
Fun at the Beach comes with a dolphin and lobster from TLBM CMF (and ofcourse many figs).
Bus station looks really good with a bus, small station and an other small build (and a wheelchair).
Freight Terminal comes with a truck, some loading build and big pieces to represent a wall/hangar.

The Jungle sets look okayish, they have some explorer subtheme ring to it. I thought I saw builds with (I think!) references to the old Islanders sets. I thought I saw the masks as in King Kahuka set 6336 and some sort of cave (biggest set was also some sort of big rocky wall / cave thing). The new mold for the animal looked like a Jaguar as it was yellow with brown dots.

I know this is for City but the Lego Friends sets look really good. There is a School, but more interesting are the 'Winter' themed sets: the biggest set is a giant Ski Lift! They also get a Chalet.

Sorry for not getting more specific information on the sets as I didn't had this theme as my priority. If this info has already been posted: my apologies.  

1 hour ago, Kevii23 said:

Fun at the Beach comes with a dolphin and lobster from TLBM CMF (and ofcourse many figs).
Bus station looks really good with a bus, small station and an other small build (and a wheelchair).
Freight Terminal comes with a truck, some loading build and big pieces to represent a wall/hangar.

The Jungle sets look okayish, they have some explorer subtheme ring to it. I thought I saw builds with (I think!) references to the old Islanders sets. I thought I saw the masks as in King Kahuka set 6336 and some sort of cave (biggest set was also some sort of big rocky wall / cave thing). The new mold for the animal looked like a Jaguar as it was yellow with brown dots.

I know this is for City but the Lego Friends sets look really good. There is a School, but more interesting are the 'Winter' themed sets: the biggest set is a giant Ski Lift! They also get a Chalet.

Sorry for not getting more specific information on the sets as I didn't had this theme as my priority. If this info has already been posted: my apologies.  

thanks, what else is in the fun at the beach set? is the dolphin the same mould as it was in paradisa theme? 

1 hour ago, Kevii23 said:

Many thanks for posting this bit of info Kevii23, its enough to get the imagination going for now! :sweet:

Looks as tho some the Jungle sets will have a few 'MURP' pieces like the bigger volcano sets.

Hopefully the Friends ski lift is done well as would like one of those for my ski scene. 

Thanks for the info Kevii23 :thumbup:

Fun at the beach sounds even better than fun in the park! I was hoping for a lobster, but dolphin as well *huh* X-mas is coming early this year from Lego :wub:

I bet it is a updated mould :grin: Did you see the dolphin in the coast guard sets?! What about seagulls and sharks?

I agree that the new big cat looked like a jaguar/black panther :wink:

25 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I bet it is a updated mould :grin: Did you see the dolphin in the coast guard sets?! What about seagulls and sharks?

Or the friends one :P

5 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Many thanks for the info Kevii23!

First off, I am glad lego are re-using the lobster, the dolphin, the islander mask and the wheelchair moulds.

Did you know of anything else from the fun at the beach set (such as an ice cream stand or a deckchair)?

I am excited to see the bus and what it looks like. Presumebely, it is a single decker bus, not a double decker, but I'd like to check just in case we're finally getting one. Do you know what coulour the bus is?

If the jungle sets have islander references, they may well be better than I thought they'd be. Also, a jaguar sounds awesome!

The coast guard sets will probably still be good as well, even if they don't provide many new things, what with the hq, which we didn't see in 2013 and the starter pack. To be fair, I like coast guard in general and the 2013 sets were pretty good anyway.

The freight terminal should be okay, I guess. Nothing new though. The truck could be usefull for city's.

Last, I didn't know that friends was being given a school?! I thought it was a hospital this time round (as makoy's info states over at the friends 2017 rumours and disscusion)

The lego fan

4 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

thanks, what else is in the fun at the beach set? is the dolphin the same mould as it was in paradisa theme? 

The picture showed the Friends dolphin. 

20 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

Maybe, just a stand in, they are preliminaries after all :sceptic:

If not that is the first minidoll animal mould that have made the cross over to the minifig world. Seems rather unlikely :tongue:

3 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Maybe, just a stand in, they are preliminaries after all :sceptic:

If not that is the first minidoll animal mould that have made the cross over to the minifig world. Seems rather unlikely :tongue:

Indeed. But looking again at that friends dolphin - with a simpler eye print it might work fine.

Not sure if I'm ready for yet another dolphin mould, to be honest. I have a bunch of the original ones which are great but they do obviously lack printing and much in the way of connectivity or build-with-ability. 

Looking forward to the Fun and the Beach set.  I wonder what color the lobster will be as they are only red when they are cooked.  

I would expect to see a volleyball net, some beach umbrellas, a beach ball, a sand castle, and a surfboard along with the minifigs.  A Hawaiian shirt torso could also make an appearance.  

4 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Thanks for the info. I was kinda hopin that dolphin mould was from paradisa because we could see it in the batman trailer. But oh well, i like friends sets, so i guess i am not dissapointed. 

From your description fun at the beach will be an awesome set, can't wait.

2 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

Thanks for the info. I was kinda hopin that dolphin mould was from paradisa because we could see it in the batman trailer. But oh well, i like friends sets, so i guess i am not dissapointed. 

From your description fun at the beach will be an awesome set, can't wait.

These are preliminaries. Let's not forget that the preliminaries for the new bank showed the van from the Museum Break Out set. It doesn't mean much. 

So in summary we are getting all these in City this year:

lobster
dolphin
tiger
wheelchair
King Kahuka (Islander) mask or something similar

and the freight terminal has a truck so it is a road freight.

On 1/8/2017 at 7:07 PM, lightningtiger said:

Freight terminal could be for road frieght......YES please because we only need a truck stop one day and my life will be 10% complete ! LOL

Wish come true?

Edited by makoy

On 9. 1. 2017 at 8:22 PM, KLF said:

Maybe they get sales for red vehicles fleet :D .

Thank you very much for the information on the sets, Kevii23! :classic:

On 10.1.2017 at 11:58 AM, Kevii23 said:

You don't remember whether some of the minifigs had printed legs (= trunks) or not, do you?

Could the small build be a kiosk or statue / fountain?

So isn't there a plane included? I can't believe this since this would be too good.

It's great to get confirmation about the JE theme being a theme for researching for historical stuff! I would have prefered Maya's or Aztec's pyramids over Islanders' caves, but Islanders if fine, too.

Do you think that it was only the masks you saw or are there Islanders as minifigs included, too?

On 9.1.2017 at 9:59 PM, legomilk said:

Many people ask how you know it and when will the pictures. My source Lego itself and the first  pictures I expected on February 1

Thank you very much for the info, legomilk! :classic: So it's from today on three weeks til we'll get the first pics - that's to await.

Just now, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thank you very much for the information on the sets, Kevii23! :classic:

You don't remember whether some of the minifigs had printed legs (= trunks) or not, do you?

Could the small build be a kiosk or statue / fountain?

It's great to get confirmation about the JE theme being a theme for researching for historical stuff! I would have prefered Maya's or Aztec's pyramids over Islanders' caves, but Islanders if fine, too.

Do you think that it was only the masks you saw or are there Islanders as minifigs included, too?

Thank you very much for the info, legomilk! :classic: So it's from today on three weeks til we'll get the first pics - that's to await.

I would like to answer all the above questions, but I only took a quick look so I don't recall anything specific unfortunatly :( 

I can answer this question: So isn't there a plane included? I can't believe this since this would be too good.

No, just the truck, some location based pieces and I thought a forklift but can't remember correctly. 

I wonder if the 'Fun at the Beach' figures will all be new re-lease torso's like 'Fun in the Park' figures were? I would hazard a guess that the children will be wearing those wet suit type/UV protector tops to protect them from the sun.

Anyway, if not all new torso's/complete figures, here are a few figures from the Collectable Minifig series that could appear or give some inspiration-

Series 2       #2 Spartan (Torso)          #8 Lifeguard                     #15 Surfer

Series 3       #7 Sumo                          #14 Hula Dancer (Torso)          

Series 4       #5 Surfer Girl

Series 7      #1 Swimming Champion   #5 Ocean King (Torso)     #10 Jungle Boy

Series 9      #12 Mermaid (Torso)

Series 12    #7 Lifeguard 

GB Team     #8 Stealth Swimmer

If we don't get images at the start of Feb through sources, we'll just have to wait until Lego World Denmark, 16-19 Feb and New York Toy Fair, 18-21 Feb 

Several of the jungle sets also include the crocodile mould :thumbup: Will be interesting to see which member of the order Crocodilia they will be, my guess is caiman :wink: