Klaus-Dieter

2017 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

13 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

Do you have a link to the image?

I saw it on youtube.

Edited by LegoRomania

1 hour ago, LegoRomania said:

It looks like the summer will be jungle based.There is a teaser in the 2017 catalog.

In June.

Thank you very much for this information and the video, LegoRomania! :classic:

So a Jungle Explorians theme for summer 2017 - that does sound promising! And it even is for sure based on present vehicles (the outfit of the explorian and the city silhouette in the background indicates that). :thumbup:

Do you think that there will be ancient temples to explore? And how high do you rate the chance that we'll get some new animal (molds) - like a tiger or some new birds?

I could well imagine following sets: - Jungle Explorians Starter Set - JE jeep - JE helicopiter and a small vehicle - JE ancient temple with a small truck and another vehicle. What do you think?

Since with JE there will be 10 non-CG sets next summer, consequently the question is: Will there be a a Harbor theme nevertheless (I do hope so much!!!) (JE and Harbor each five sets)? Or will the JE theme be bigger than five sets and then there'll be about two civilian sets (like some shops etc.)?

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Just now, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thank you very much for this information and the video, LegoRomania! :classic:

So a Jungle Explorians theme for summer 2017 - that does sound promising! And it even is for sure based on present vehicles (the outfit of the explorian and the city silhouette in the background indicates that). :thumbup:

Do you think that there are ancient temples to explore? And how high do you rate the chance that we'll get some new animal (molds) - like a tiger or some new birds?

I could well imagine following sets: - Jungle Explorians Starter Set - JE jeep - JE helicopiter and a small vehicle - JE ancient temple with a small truck and another vehicle. What do you think?

Since with JE there will be 10 non-CG sets next summer, consequently the question is: Will there be a a Harbor theme nevertheless (I do hope so much!!!) (JE and Harbor each five sets)? Or will the JE theme be bigger than five sets and then there'll be about two civilian sets (like some shops etc.)?

When it started that harbour rumor? I know that we get coast guard and now jungle explorers(I was expecting an exploring theme-they started that with arctic in 2014)

I would like an ancient temple-maybe even some fun references to aliens ?.

I'm sure we will get new animal moulds,I hope for tiger.

5 minutes ago, LegoRomania said:

When it started that harbour rumor? I know that we get coast guard and now jungle explorers(I was expecting an exploring theme-they started that with arctic in 2014)

It did never started. It was only a logical thought of myself. Since there hasn't been any new Harbor theme since 2011. But Airport got 2010, 2013 and 2016 sets. So a new Harbor theme is really overdue! Plus there is the new container piece (used in one Fire and one Police set in 2016).

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

9 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

It did never started. It was only a logical thought of myself. Since there hasn't been any new Harbor theme since 2011. But Airport got 2010, 2013 and 2016 sets. So a new Harbor theme is really overdue! Plus there is the new container piece (used in one Fire and one Police set in 2016).

Well,we do get Coast guard so I think that was all,but we get jungle explorers! Now that's something!

So we will just get more rehashed vehicles like the Arctic and Volcano sets but in... I don't know, azure this time?

I was really hoping for more boats and a harbor.

So in other words, instead of a new theme with "rehashed vehicles," you'd rather have a complete rehash of a theme that's been done multiple times before.

2 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

So in other words, instead of a new theme with "rehashed vehicles"

But this time with Monkeys. Monkeys are fun.

3 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

So in other words, instead of a new theme with "rehashed vehicles," you'd rather have a complete rehash of a theme that's been done multiple times before.

It's City, it's all rehashed. I mean really, look at the police stuff, it's exactly the same as the last one with a few new pieces.

If Jungle is as bad as 'Volcano', aka not actually containing a decent jungle, just like 'volcano' is a joke, I rather have some new boats. Sea Explorers was a rehash of 'divers' meets Aqua Raiders 2.0, but we got a big awesome boat. What the hell is 'City' going to do in the jungle? Make more drilling vehicles, but this time in a shade of blue, maybe red, with a lead?!

It's like when City did the 'mining' sets and all the mining sets were was a rehash of construction sets and the 'mine' was a wall that Walmart gave away for $30. 

Obviously I'll wait and see but this just seems lame. 2018 will be desert? 2019 mountain, but not volcanic?  2020 will be plains? Maybe that's what annoys me most, LEGO waste the 'City' name on explorers when they can just bring back Johnny Thunder or some modern day explorer theme.

Edited by Bricknblue

Hello, first post and all. I must say that I see a lot of potential in a jungle theme. All I can see are large trees with zip-lines, cliff faces, tents with bunk-beds and tables, abandoned ruins, and off-road jeeps and trucks. I see tons of real life inspiration that could make very nice and livid sets. However, I can't see the future and have no idea what this theme has in store. I just hope that they can keep up the nice line of City Explorers for another year.

I don't see drilling in the Jungle. My guess is studying animals and plants. Sort of like the dinosaur sets but slightly more realistic. At least we can hope for some new animal moulds. 

1 hour ago, Ethanator12 said:

Hello, first post and all. I must say that I see a lot of potential in a jungle theme. All I can see are large trees with zip-lines, cliff faces, tents with bunk-beds and tables, abandoned ruins, and off-road jeeps and trucks. I see tons of real life inspiration that could make very nice and livid sets. However, I can't see the future and have no idea what this theme has in store. I just hope that they can keep up the nice line of City Explorers for another year.

Welcome!

I hope you're right. Terrain pieces in every set would work wonders for an exploration-based theme, especially since the Arctic didn't have any and Volcano only had terrain in the two biggest sets. When it's just another ATV or drill, the theme tends to get boring. 

That's an exciting theme I guess. I still think the Harbour theme could be a part of the line, maybe like a split theme perhaps. But my only problem is the Theme is called LEGO City right? It no longer really takes place in 'the City' anymore. Look at the Swamp, Volcano, Underwater and now Jungle :grin: Oh well, my dream theme for City that I think I'd buy every set from would be a Zoo theme. 

Be curious to see how different the City Jungle is to the Friends Jungle theme from last year.  Will they complement?  Will they be copies?  (Obviously, not talking color wise).

Thank you LegoRomania, for me this is the most exciting city news for many years :wub:

I think the city theme have had a good trend the last few years with arctic and deep sea, even tough the volcano sets this year was a set back..

I am hoping for a lot of "green stuff" and several new animal moulds in the sets! The chance for new animal moulds I would estimate to 90% :grin:

The last city theme were I bought the hole series was farm, after that I have only bought a city set maybe once a year, but if the jungle series is as good as it sounds I will buy them all :thumbup::thumbup:

10 hours ago, Bricknblue said:

I was really hoping for more boats and a harbor.

I, too, am really disappointed about that we presumably won't get any new Harbor sets! Plus I really do want some new farm stuff, too!

9 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

I have to disagree. Of course some vehicles are always similar. And the exploration orientation is the same, too. But Vulcanoe Exploration in 2016 as well as the Jungel Exploration then in 2017 are two new, never before seen themes - whereas Arctic and Deep Sea were re-designs.

6 hours ago, Vorkosigan said:

I don't see drilling in the Jungle. My guess is studying animals and plants. Sort of like the dinosaur sets but slightly more realistic. At least we can hope for some new animal moulds. 

I neither see any drilling in the jungle (for what should they drill there?!) nor any search for animals since this goes to the Friends theme since for many boys only studying animals would be too boring. The only thing I see is exploring some historical ruins - something such as the Amazon Adventurers theme (from the late ninetees), but located nowadays.

39 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I am hoping for a lot of "green stuff" and several new animal moulds in the sets! The chance for new animal moulds I would estimate to 90% :grin:

Well, let's see. In the past TLG was really grasping with giving us City fans new animal moulds. But maybe they use the bear mould and paint it as a tiger, don't you think?

I really hope this mean we will get all the jungle animals LEGO WORLDS showed us! (Lion, lioness and tiger not pictured)

best-hq-lego-worlds-photo-gallery.jpg

Edited by Lordofdragonss

That polybag is very cool and so glad it's something different looking for a change.

$10 says that the Jungle theme is they are looking for jewels. I'll be amazed if we get a monkey never mind other animals. LEGO is really damn cheap when it comes to animals.

Just now, Bricknblue said:

That polybag is very cool and so glad it's something different looking for a change.

$10 says that the Jungle theme is they are looking for jewels. I'll be amazed if we get a monkey never mind other animals. LEGO is really damn cheap when it comes to animals.

I'm starting to think these "Exploration" themes are just crooks just looking for some gemstones to strike it rich instead of researching them. :laugh:

13 minutes ago, Nexo Bricks said:

I'm starting to think these "Exploration" themes are just crooks just looking for some gemstones to strike it rich instead of researching them. :laugh:

To be fair the Deep Sea people were actually exploring and I think trying to protect the gold from the criminals. :laugh:

2 hours ago, Bricknblue said:

$10 says that the Jungle theme is they are looking for jewels.

And the odds on those jewels being stuck inside some small rocks……..

56 minutes ago, paul_delahaye said:

And the odds on those jewels being stuck inside some small rocks……..

Nah. They will be in treasure / wooden boxes this time. 

Arctic = Rocks
Divers = Boxes
Volcano = Rocks
Jungle = Boxes

Edited by Bricknblue

19 hours ago, Bricknblue said:

What the hell is 'City' going to do in the jungle? Make more drilling vehicles, but this time in a shade of blue, maybe red, with a lead?!

I'm thinking a large Octan Oil ship with a giant brick built monkey in the cargo hold.