Klaus-Dieter

2017 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I've made a video of the images:

Edited by Rick
Do not use EB to promote your Youtube channel.

I like the sets this year. The only problem I have with the Great Vehicles is that they focus on Racing so much. All of the smaller $10 sets are racing. We have like 3 Racing sets in the core line too. It's a bit crazy in my opinion. The $10 small sets were great in 2014.

Pizza Van I love, 4x4 with Catamaran is nice, ATV Transporter is nice too.

I feel like we have a smaller wave this Winter. Is there still anything else?

2016: 21 Winter City sets

2017: 17 Winter City Sets

There's only a 4 set difference but I feel like they could squeeze a small sub-theme like Harbor into Winter 2017.

I also remember the first time I saw the 2016 City sets in a store. I bought that one Police Boat Chase and the Garbage Truck.

Oh, there are quite some nice designs. Th buggy looks really nice. And the stunt truck with the new mudguards looks good. The catamaran is a nice idea as well. Some variations of what we have seen before but overall nice sets. (I ignored the police sets since I am not intereted in them anyway)

Loving the bold color choices. I'm always an offroad nut so the more the merrier (even if I'll end up modding them anyway) and it's exciting to see the rectangular fender already available in four colors.

To me, the new 4x4 really smacks more of the Toyota FJ Cruiser than a Landy (but those new fenders will nicely accent a Defender MOC).

Now I know we are tired of police sets but the minifigs tell a different story.

60137_alt7.jpg

Finally Lego have decided to give female police the look of being female like in real life. Also the cool torso prints, I hope there is a booster pack of police to add to my 2014 police station :grin:

Also the inside of the pizza van could make it one of the best city sets in years.

60150_alt4.jpg

does anyone know or understand what the yellow crystal inside the pizza van is supposed to represent?

at first I thought it was supposed to be a doner kebab, but now I have absolutely no idea what it could be for, unless he's rich enough to be showing off that he has random gold bars knocking about in his van (as you do....!)

2 minutes ago, BritishBrickFan said:

does anyone know or understand what the yellow crystal inside the pizza van is supposed to represent?

at first I thought it was supposed to be a doner kebab, but now I have absolutely no idea what it could be for, unless he's rich enough to be showing off that he has random gold bars knocking about in his van (as you do....!)

I would assume maybe cheese for the pizza. Maybe not though.

8 minutes ago, BritishBrickFan said:

Either breadsticks or fries. 

On 8. november 2016 at 0:44 PM, makoy said:

Is there any other major oil company in City other than Octan? 

Smooth Racing Oil sounds like a sub-brand that Octan would carry under its name.

Besides Shell as I mention earlier Lego used Exxon until 1992 when Octan took over. So you have several option to have several oil company in your Lego cry. You just have to tracked them down.

On 10-11-2016 at 10:12 PM, lightningtiger said:

60137_alt7.jpg

And the crook; a construction worker gone bad. :grin:

Edited by -zenn

4 hours ago, -zenn said:

Looking at things like that caterpillar for breaking into the bank, they might actually become they new villains! :laugh: :wink:

6 hours ago, -zenn said:

I think that's the vest when the prisoners pick up trash on the side of the road.

On 11/11/2016 at 7:12 AM, lightningtiger said:

I hope there is a booster pack of police to add to my 2014 police station :grin:

The Police Starter Set is what you want for that. 2 cops (including a female with a really cool pair of sunglasses), 2 crooks, a police dog, a quad bike and an ATM for the crooks to break into.

Its probably the closest you will get to an actual minifig pack (and if prices dont go up, Big W here in Oz will probably have it for sale for $10 just like with this year's Prison Island Starter Set)

Why wish for booster pack wheb all you really need is the starter set. The starter sets are better than minifig blister packs because you get more value in the starter set. More bricks + 4 minifigs is a better deal in my opinion, unless you are looking for more variety of torso / police uniform prints that a blister pack may offer.

On 11/11/2016 at 5:12 AM, lightningtiger said:

60137_alt7.jpg

Finally Lego have decided to give female police the look of being female like in real life. Also the cool torso prints, I hope there is a booster pack of police to add to my 2014 police station :grin:

Also the inside of the pizza van could make it one of the best city sets in years.

60150_alt4.jpg

I think so even thought its small and a bit sturdy inside it has some nice graphics and detailing..

cPxKFqb0r8_7xf4r2wUNdD8ZUZRQqpArF72HTVv1U_1eIoue7ae2pgzdDt277VdQE5ys135aL2MRX94BH_lw_CUyV8W0WlSbfnRJHeoIEgViFnDVLLApdtAXIebrb5YkNFpWd8Xt6HNppZ_M=w409-h360-nc.jpg

Uu

Long time lurker, first time poster.

IMHO these seem rather predictable and uninspiring. Bulldozer break-in and Pizza van are best of the bunch, Command center and Police station seem especially weak. A bit disappointed with lack of new ideas but not surprised by that.