Klaus-Dieter

2017 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

That Stunt Truck is everything this years 60115 4 x 4 Off Roader should have been to me.  I feel the need to get a second one of each and bash them together to make a good Octan trophy truck.  Take the red rear fenders from the new tow truck in the police set, give the Stunt Truck the color scheme from 60115 and replace the wing with a wheel... oh my, I can't wait!

20 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Pizza Van looks great! Sadly that and the Bank set are the only sets I'm interested in, hopefully the 2nd half of the year is better.

I am of the same thinking as you. The rest of the line is not as appealing to me as these two sets are. Means more monies for other themes though =)

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Is that a crystal piece in the pizza van? :look:

Yes, I wonder that too.

Note the sticker on the side of van, they offer sliced pizza and something also which is green in colour ? *huh*

26 minutes ago, lightningtiger said:

Yes, I wonder that too.

Note the sticker on the side of van, they offer sliced pizza and something also which is green in colour ? *huh*

I think it's a salad.

I like the Pizza Van (although I'm not sure how good pizza cooked in the back of a van would taste - but that's an issue for my minifigures to worry about).

Hopefully, if it does well, we might see more commercial / retail stores like restaurants, etc in the Lego City line.

All of the these City sets looks very good for me. I really like the Buggy, 4x4 with Catamaran, Pizza Van and the Stunt Truck set. The others are also very good sets to have.

Thanks to Just2good, I've now seen all the sets and I LOVE the pizza van! (It includes fries!)

The buggy is pretty cool too.

The lego fan.

Edited by The lego fan

The buggy and stunt truck look epic, they will stand proudly next to 60053 and 60113

Im a bit disappointed to see the Octan branding disappear, but more colour variety is a good thing, and i wouldnt mind "Smooth oil" becoming a bigger player in Lego City (and im secretly wondering if someone on the design team is a Rossi fanboy :P)

The plane looks a tad awkward, the cockpit is a bit too bubly for my taste, but nothing that cant be solved

Is there any other major oil company in City other than Octan? 

Smooth Racing Oil sounds like a sub-brand that Octan would carry under its name.

48 minutes ago, makoy said:

Smooth Racing Oil sounds like a sub-brand that Octan would carry under its name.

Not that i know off, and it could very well be a subsidiary of Octan (TLM showed Octan makes pretty much anything in lego world right?)

Im just a bit nostalgic for good old green-white-red, and hope lego doesnt go overboard with the the ficticious branding.

I am very curious which trains come out in 2017. The source where something had been taken away.

4 minutes ago, legomilk said:

I am very curious which trains come out in 2017. The source where something had been taken away.

You lost your source? :oh: 

Thank you very much for posting pictures of the Police sets, Parmbricks, and for the link to the Great Vehicles pictures, Yeow! :classic:

I'll comment more detailed firstly after we'll have gotten more detailes pictures. But for now, I can say following:

The Police Station, the Police Starter Set and the Police High-speed Chase are huge let-downs. :thumbdown:

The Sports Plane and the Mobile Command Center aren't overwhelming but ok. :sceptic:

The Tow Truck Trouble looks much better than I would have awaited and does make a cool set - as well as the Police ATV, the Buggy, the Stunt Truck, the ATV Race Team, the 4x4 with Catamaran and the Dragster Transporter. :thumbup:

But really stunning are the Fishing Boat, the Sweeper & Excavator, the Pizza Van, the Bulldozer Break-In and the Auto Transport Heist. :wub:

I'm really looking forward to buy the one or other set!

Plus I'm really excited about which non-CG themes and sets we'll acutally get in summer!

6 hours ago, legomilk said:

That's really a pity that you lost your source, legomilk!

I could well imagine that there will be one exclusive City train in 2017 - a track repair train or an elevated train. But it's even possible that there'll be none. For sure there won't be more than one train since in 2018 there will be the next big City Trains theme (evey four years: 2006 - 2010 - 2014 - 2018).

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

15 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

I could well imagine that there will be one exclusive City train in 2017 - a track repair train or an elevated train. But it's even possible that there'll be none. For sure there won't be more than one train since in 2018 there will be the next big City Trains theme (every four years: 2006 - 2010 - 2014 - 2018).

As i said previously, it's been a while since the last Creator Expert train : 2009 / Emerald Night ; 2011 / Maersk Train ; 2013 / Horizon Express. The 2 years pattern is broken since 2013, so even if i would love a new train (bigger and more realistic than the last Winter Holiday Train, i am not very optimistic... Hope i am wrong.

I also like the pizza van, especially due to its rather unusual colour design. Hopefully we'll see some MODs of this one. 

However, my favourite so far is the Dragster Transporter. Its colour design reminds me of 60056 Tow Truck. It probably can - like I've done with 60056 - easily be turned into a larger 7w truck to improve its proportions and match the smaller vehicles. The dragster as such is really great in my opinion. Of course it should be a V8, not a V6, plus it should have front wings, too - other than that I can hardly think of anything to improve here.

11 hours ago, makoy said:

Shell has been in several sets and even though Lego stopped doing business with them due to the Green Peace petition you can still find the pieces. Lego and Shell had a pretty long history together. 

10 hours ago, legomilk said:

That's awful to hear. Haven't you had your source for almost a decade now? *huh*

On 11/4/2016 at 0:16 AM, Nexo Bricks said:

I like most of the sets. Auto Transport is a bit odd but a new Idea for police.

I think they needed something to tow away those impounded nice expensive cars for speeding without damaging them. The CITY police force could afford their own flatbed tow truck without having to contract out the work to a towing company.  Also it can also preserve evidence on the cars when taking them to the police facility for investigation.  :classic:

It would be nice to have a new Creator Expert train but that's for another forum's discussion.

7 hours ago, koalayummies said:

They should have never bowed to those lying hypocrites. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the product quality issues Lego fans discuss can be tied to their cutting of relations with Shell. Everything plastic requires petroleum (like the majority of life-saving hospital equipment and tools) but they go after one of the most regulated oil companies in the world instead of companies like Saudi Aramco. They target toy manufacturers (Mattel as well) instead of the automobile industry. They lied through their teeth about the paper/product packaging supply for Lego and Mattel. They don't provide any realistic or fiscally feasible solutions to the 'problems' they see. They fuel their vessels with British Petroleum, CEO flies to work, they gamble with their clueless supporters donations, employ intimidation tactics and threats, regularly break the law... Lego should have just ignored them.

Lego Police sets should include jailed greenpeace eco-terrorists. 

Over in my country lego and shell had a promo each year where you would get small lego ferrari cars with each fill-up, i was under the impression the whole greenpeace thing was about lego promoting the use of fossil fuels that way..

Which pisses me the megabluck off, i dont drive one mile more for them, but i want my tiny lego ferraris!

17 hours ago, koalayummies said:

They should have never bowed to those lying hypocrites.

This thread is not the place for these kind of arguments.

If I'm honest, I find the Pizza Van a bit unimaginitive. In the end it's just one of the standard city designs, reconfigured a bit. Like in the real world, offcourse. I'll get it anyway, it is a fine set.

I do like the little van in the Friends Pizza Set of next year:

41311-1.jpg?201611080846

Inspirational. Nice little bakery too!