http://images.brickset.com/sets/small/60135-1.jpg?201611020559

http://images.brickset.com/sets/small/60136-1.jpg?201611020600

http://images.brickset.com/sets/small/60137-1.jpg?201611020601

http://images.brickset.com/sets/small/60138-1.jpg?201611020602

http://images.brickset.com/sets/small/60139-1.jpg?201611020602

http://images.brickset.com/sets/small/60140-1.jpg?201611020551

http://images.brickset.com/sets/small/60141-1.jpg?201611020603

http://images.brickset.com/sets/small/60142-1.jpg?201611020604

I just found these images on the italian LEGO® Forum. I like the bank heist with the bulldozer, specially the new police van.

41 minutes ago, LegoSjaak said:

What is the 'exclusive minifigure included' in the 60138 set????

It looks like Chase McCain from the Lego City Undercover video game and he was only available in a polybag and in an elite police set in 2013.

42 minutes ago, lightningtiger said:

It looks like Chase McCain from the Lego City Undercover video game and he was only available in a polybag and in an elite police set in 2013.

So it is not THAT exclusive...??

Just now, LegoSjaak said:

Well, it might be if you missed out on him back in 2013 :wink:

27 minutes ago, lightningtiger said:

Well, it might be if you missed out on him back in 2013 :wink:

Haha...yeah, thán it is pretty exclusive...  But i never bought a set because of an exclusive minifig...that would be new for me...

2 minutes ago, LegoSjaak said:

Haha...yeah, thán it is pretty exclusive...  But i never bought a set because of an exclusive minifig...that would be new for me...

Yeah, if you went to Target, they had tons of him on a small rack which represented a pre-order pickup for the game.. I think they were $1 each. I only picked up one :sad: never got the game.

Just now, CM4Sci said:

Yeah, if you went to Target, they had tons of him on a small rack which represented a pre-order pickup for the game.. I think they were $1 each. I only picked up one :sad: never got the game.

So...i dare to say it is not an exclusive minifig, well, in case it is really Chase Mc Cain...maybe he has an extra button on his torso and is called Cheap Mc Pain?

1 hour ago, LegoSjaak said:

LEGO doesn't seem to understand what 'exclusive' means. I remember when they would throw that word around and act like a set was rare because it was a 'store exclusive'. Yeah it was exclusive to every store. Thankfully they know just cal them 'hard to find'. :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Bricknblue said:

LEGO doesn't seem to understand what 'exclusive' means. I remember when they would throw that word around and act like a set was rare because it was a 'store exclusive'. Yeah it was exclusive to every store. Thankfully they know just cal them 'hard to find'. :laugh:

it would be worse if some sets were 'Hard to Google'.. Last years, there is also a change in soms sets that should carry 'Hard to pay' ...haha..:sweet:

For the front hood of the cars TLG have used the F1 front piece and also they have used the Nexo Knight shields.

It's the 3rd use for that piece:

- shield

- floor plate

- car hood 

What in gpds name happened to the police station? It looks like a juniors set that a kid have made... really unimpressed with these sets..:hmpf_bad:

I actually think the police station looks good. it has a diagonal (corner) window piece that is used three times in blue from what we can see, maybe more. I wonder if that's the same part from the Assembly Square modular?

43 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

I actually think the police station looks good. it has a diagonal (corner) window piece that is used three times in blue from what we can see, maybe more. I wonder if that's the same part from the Assembly Square modular?

It is the same piece.

I honestly think that piece is kind of a cheat out for better designing. It works for the police station, but as a whole it's just not very well planned out. The jail area covers half of the station's windows. The tower on the side is kind of random. It has fine / typical 'bones' but not put together well.

16 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

30711954786_9780607062_o.jpg

The crooks are doing well, they're getting better and faster and more expensive cars each year!!

Maybe they're just getting to be better crooks allowing them to steal faster and more expensive cars!!

Dan-147

27 minutes ago, jake0324demo said:

The robber's car in the chase set has a new piece on the front.

Nope, see a few posts above yours - it's an existing piece from 2012, used in 9 sets (8 unprinted, one printed for a Cars racecar).

29 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Nope, see a few posts above yours - it's an existing piece from 2012, used in 9 sets (8 unprinted, one printed for a Cars racecar).

oh, I saw, got back into lego around 2012 so I did not notice.

"Exclusive" minifig has the same face and hair part/color as Chase McCain, but that torso's too dark for the old version of the character. Pretty sure it's him, though. He's pretty popular with my son, so we have a few around the house.

*EDIT: Was gonna say I thought he was the only one in a TacVest similar to his original appearance, but the bulldozer/safe robbery cop in a hat has one, too.*

Edited by obsidianheart

I got the 2013 Chase McCain already. But I do like the updated Spirit (if that is what it ends up being). Looks like the Helicopter is the new Justice though. Not sure I dig that.

I also like the overall resizing of the tires for the 4 wide cars though. It looks much better with them not sticking out as much. 

The new cruisers are set like this year's black and white cruiser only in white and blue. But they shortened the rear on them it seems. They look stubby to me.

I am not drawn to any one set in particular here but the bank did catch my eye. It scales perfectly with the style of buildings I keep in my city so I will be getting that for sure. 

Cant wait to see what the rest of the line up brings for City. 

I like most of the sets. Auto Transport is a bit odd but a new Idea for police. Station is good for parts really. ATV Is nice, Starter set is bad. Command Center is bad. Pursuit is good for 40-50 USD. Bulldozer and Tow Truck sets might just be the best to me.

Also, the Gold Bars look to be using Pearl Gold instead of chrome Gold this time.

Edited by Nexo Bricks

6 hours ago, Dan-147 said:

Maybe they're just getting to be better crooks allowing them to steal faster and more expensive cars!!

Dan-147

Seeing the prices of sets it seems that economy goes well on LEGO city. Due to it it civilian can buy better and more expensive cars, and crooks can steal better and faster cars

These are somehow the most innovative yet least appealing City designs I've seen. Maybe it's just too much rehashing of previous designs - the bulldozer in the bank set, however, is absolutely ace, and I've always wanted to see the Lego City Undercover concept police SUV in real bricks. I also like the police truck in that set, though it's hard to say if it's meant to be an SUV or something larger. I'm quite excited about those rectangular fenders (prepare for an onslaught of updated Jeep Wrangler builds). The increased diversity in prisoner bodies is excellent, and I do think the new blue tactical jumpsuit that Chase is wearing looks nice.

The transition back to four-wide greenhouses on a six-wide chassis does mean that the Speed Champions will fit better into a City display.

On 11/2/2016 at 6:57 PM, Ashnflash said:

Why does LEGO keep making police stations? Like make a really nice one or make a Modular and keep it around for a few years. My goodness I feel like we get a new one every year...

A modular wouldn't really serve the same purpose at all, since City is aimed at ages six to twelve and the modulars are aimed at adults and older teens. The younger audience is the one that keeps demanding police stations year after year.

Also, while LEGO could conceivably produce one police station design and sell it for three to five years, retailers generally prefer stocking new sets nobody's seen before to old sets that a lot of people have already bought. New police stations each year keep buyers AND retailers happy.

Anyway, as generic "metro police" waves go, I'm fairly impressed with this one. The mobile HQ is maybe the most impressive yet. Previous mobile police HQs had the trailer built on a train base that sat above the wheels and trailer hitch, while this one has a considerably more complex shape with the floor lowered between the cab and back wheels. I also like the hood/bonnet, which sets it apart from the previous more European-style cabs.

The police cars and the "bad guy" cars all are nice and sleek, and there are some very rugged-looking truck designs as well. The bank building in the bulldozer set is really classy. The police staton is nothing extraordinary, and to be honest the roof slopes make it look sort of old-fashioned compared to 7498 and 60047. But it includes some nice vehicles and the station itself seems to cover all the most essential features.

It's neat how most of the crooks wear work clothes over their prison stripes and drive work vehicles. It gives this wave a sort of a "theme" in spite of the police themselves being fairly generic.

I look forward to seeing what some of the other (non-police) sets have to offer, because as builds go there's a lot to like so far.