Klaus-Dieter

2017 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I hope LEGO keeps releasing more police stations, they are always such good parts packs :)

26 window frames is the reason I bought 60047. I just wish there were two garage doors and not one.

I hope LEGO keeps releasing more police stations, they are always such good parts packs :)

I suppose you could look at it that way. :tongue:

01_BO%20Sta3%20front%20090906%209113.jpg

That's the station I wish LEGO would make. Even if it had to be red. Make the offices on the side very modern and then have the fire poll and then the two bays in a red section.

They should keep at this "new and different" sort of thing. I really liked the prison this year, something different would be good... and variety of fire stations would be great. My hometown has like 7 fire stations, and they're all different... none of which look like what LEGO has made. Square with offices toward the back and side of the big garage in the middle. For $100, they could make something decent like that... if so many parts are not invested into stuff like helicopters and extra garage walls, that is. Mixing up the color scheme and making the living quarters and whatnot ultramodern would be really nice too. Plenty of ways a different fire station could be made.

60144 Sports Plane is a really cool and great set from what I've heard. It's something innovated and refreshing.

Which this concerns, I'm of another opinion. But well, let's see ... since here is some ...

MORE INFORMATION:

Police theme:

Police Station

- looked like a mixture between the police stations of 2011, 2014 and 2016

- seperate, two floors big prison building which blowing-away-function of the front of the second floor

- garage with watchtower on it and bridge to the office building

- office building is imo the only interesting since it's something new with it being a corner building and is three floors big

- six studs wide police racing car, red car for the prisoners, police motorcycle using the new racing motorcycle mold

Police Mobile HQ

- like all the ones of the previous two decades it's for my taste much too long and too wide

- truck style

- trailer consists of prison cell, main area with computers and a storage room

- red quad for the prisoners, new racing molded police motorcycle

Police Chase

- very average

- (I think) dark red six studs wide cabriolet for the prisoner

- six studs wide police car

- police helicopter

- barrier

Police Service Truck Heist

- red service truck looking similar to the orange one in the 2012 Garage, but six studs wide

- safe which is taken away by the truck (how wired since there isn't any location included where it can be taken from!)

- two different police motorcycles

Police Starter Set

- cool small set with four minifigs

- nice automatic teller with blowing-up function

- very long, but very small, open police car with some sort of dog cage

Police Quad

(- no gangster squad!)

- imo looking much better than the last versions

- policeman, prisoner with pushcart

Money Transporter

- version looked very prelim

- vehicles reminded me of the 2014 prison transporter

Bank Robbery

- only on 16x8 built, but interior of 14x6 big being bank building in tan, but in an imo amazing architectual style with small grey pillars in front of both floors and even some decoration on the roof (will fit very well next to the Lego Store)

- first floor: automatic teller outside and (supposably) two chairs and a counter inside, second floor: safe room with extra gate door (which I really like) and a big safe which can be pulled out of the wall

- no City Bank chained bank, but green labeled "Bank" only

- useless, small police helicopter

- big police vehicle (which was only shown as the one in the museum heist from 2013, so can't say anything about it)

- middle-sized red-grey bulldozer for taking away the safe out of the wall with a chain, but vehicle looked really good and can be well used for a construction side and / or as addition to the Digger And Truck in the Great Vehicles theme

Great Vehicles theme:

Sports Plane

- nothing new, but looked very similar in style and color like the one from 2013

- two sorts of buoy (for placing in water)

Monster Truck

- very similar to the 2014 one

- but in orange-white-black

Pickup With Quads

- six, in the back even eight studs wide pickup hold in black-grey-wide with place for one quad in the back (imo the pickup is really too wide)

- grey trailer for another quad

- two very nicely designed, regular sized and colorful quads

Transporter With Catamaran

- SUV very similar to the one in the SUV & Jetskis set from 2014, but in grey-green-white

- big, grey trailer

- extremely huge white-blue catamaran (about 10x14) with a new (?), large sail, but in total looking really good

Dragster Transporter

- transporter looking similar to the training space shuttle transporter from last year, but main colors are mainly grey and dark blue

- dragster and trailer for it are extremely huge

- racing signal lights

- new torsos and printed helmet were looking extremely well designed

Beach Buggy

- wider and longer than last year's version

- more closed character with colors red - white - blue

- driver is the one minifigure shown in the middle of the box art of the fising boat

Digger With Truck

- digger similar looking to the one in teh 2009 construction site, but with regular wheels

- truck similar to the one seperate set of the demolation site from last year, but without crane and mainly in blue

- a huge "brush" consisting of two regular "brushes" (for street sweeping) put together (about 12 studs wide in total) can be attached to the front of the truck

- possibly a trailer for the digger to be transported

Pizza Van

- totally adorable van in yellow with a bit dark red

- opening hatch on the side to sell the pizzas

- bistro table and red moped, supposable even new 1x1 pizza 1/4 piece

Which surprised me a lot was that there actually is no other additional theme like we had it in the past years. But since legomilk informed us about that in 2017 there'll be "more boats" and "ambulance", I'd see it as fact that the two summer themes will be Harbor and Hospital. Which imo would be not only since long overdue but even really cool.

I'll post info about Friends, Ninjago, SW and CMF very soon. I don't remember more; so please even don't ask me about more.

Klaus-Dieter

Is there a rule that 90% of the 'bad guys' must drive red or dark red vehicles? :laugh:

The Police Station sounds exactly like the last/current one, with the office building is the only decent part, but now three stories.

I thought we were getting fire sets?

Is the catalog from January through June or January to March?

Edited by Bricknblue

Is the catalog from January through June or January to March?

It was til May - so the completely first half of next year.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Ugh, this lineup sounds really very repetitive and dull. Might get the Police Chase if the cars are good enough, I really like the 6-wide police car from this year but not enough to buy the set... Bank Robbery, Digger with Truck, and Pizza Van are the only ones that sound interesting in the slightest.

Only the Pizza Truck sounds interesting there, but will decide once images are out. My wallet is currently doing the happy dance, though.

Is there a rule that 90% of the 'bad guys' must drive red or dark red vehicles? :laugh:

Probably not a rule, but considering that Lego City police vehicles are typically blue and white, it's not surprising that they tend to pick a contrasting color like red for the crooks' vehicles.

Thank you for these descriptions Klaus!

The pizza van seems to be the truck i'm waiting for!

The truck and catamaran seems to be a nice set too ;)

Do you remember the police color sheme? Is it black and white like prison island sets, or (dark) blue and white like (swamp) police?

If the money truck is well designed, it could be a nice next to the brick bank :D

Wow, thanks for the descriptions Klaus!

Sad to hear that "Gangster Squad" is just another ATV. :sceptic:

The Pizza Truck remains the most interesting set for me, I look forward to seeing the new pizza, if there is one.

Thanks Klaus. Sounds like it will only be the pizza van for me. I know I type this a lot, but I really wish the Lego City line would include more commercial and residential buildings. At least the possible "Hospital" wave has potential.

Thanks Klaus. Sounds like it will only be the pizza van for me. I know I type this a lot, but I really wish the Lego City line would include more commercial and residential buildings. At least the possible "Hospital" wave has potential.

In the creator line, there will be a beach hut and a city house, and also remember the modulars (specially the pet shop), so maybe that´s the reason why they don't have residential buildings in the CITY line.

i cant wait to start seeing the leaked photos.

I for one will be buying the police station and the big police truck. The others I will reserve judgement on until pictures appear.

I like the idea that we are getting these food vending vehicles. Hope this trend continues.

Bank Robbery sounds like it will be the best set of the wave. I might get the police station, but that's only because I have never gotten one before.

01_BO%20Sta3%20front%20090906%209113.jpg

That's the station I wish LEGO would make. Even if it had to be red. Make the offices on the side very modern and then have the fire poll and then the two bays in a red section.

I wonder if Lego will every make a fire station that incorporates an ambulance alongside the engine and smaller van/car in a 3 bay configuration (kept image to show representation), as there are many Fire depts over the world that run both fire and ambulance, even though here in the UK they are run separately as ambulance is NHS, but it's not uncommon to see both services share stations. Yeh it will more than likely mean a price increase as you'd have an extra bay and additional vehicle and minifigure(s), but for me it would be a nice change from the last 3 fire stations that have been very similar. Doesn't have to be every release but could be every second one.

I doubt LEGO will ever include an ambulance in a fire station, just like there will never be a fire / police station combo. Lego likes to keep the themes rather separate it seems. Plus the last time I think there was a three bay fire station was like 25 years ago, and even that one might have been only 2 bays and the door.