Klaus-Dieter

2017 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I hope to get the bank as I missed the last one.

I hope the pizza truck is better then the one in that turtle set.

According to the price, Pizza Van should belong to the Great Vehicles line. So i think it will be a truck with opened side for the pizzaiolo to sell his pizzas and a little oven inside to cook them. For sure, it will be better than the one in set 79104 ... it was a so poor design :(

79104-1.jpg

When i first read the name, i thought to this old set, but below 30€, i don't think the 2017 Pizza Van will be a remake of it :

10036-1.jpg?200202101200

Edited by sebitsena

Pizza van and both trucks are also most wanted here :sweet:

Yes! I didn't write my wishlist here, but here's my selection:

- Pizza Van

- Money truck

- Trucks with catamaran

I think we will get something like this for the catamaran (hope TLG will provide a sail with it!) :

tn_60013_alt3_jpg.jpg

Set 60013

http://brickset.com/sets/60013-1/Coast-Guard-Helicopter

or like this :

6342-1.jpg

Set 6342

http://brickset.com/sets/6342-1/Beach-Rescue-Chopper

Edited by sebitsena

Im interested in the $9.99 sets (sports plane especially!), as those tend to be fun builds with good detail and entertainment value, and make for good desk toys at work

The pizza van is a sure buy as well, because pizza!

Really hoping the pizza van blends seamlessly with the Pizza boy CMF. I did several of those with the hopes of putting together a little shop at some point.

Will it be a food truck that sells pizza? A pizza-shaped truck? I've always wanted a LEGO taco-shaped taco truck. :tongue:

Will it be a food truck that sells pizza? A pizza-shaped truck? I've always wanted a LEGO taco-shaped taco truck. :tongue:

The closest we have to that right now is the Friends Hot Dog Truck. I've been tempted to get it because I think it'll look good in a city scene.

The closest we have to that right now is the Friends Hot Dog Truck. I've been tempted to get it because I think it'll look good in a city scene.

I did the same and modified the color scheme as well as closing off the top to make it rounded over an actual bun. I am going to use it as a food truck in my village for Christmas this year.

A Pizza-Shaped truck would be kind of hard to do, no? :grin:

I did the same and modified the color scheme as well as closing off the top to make it rounded over an actual bun. I am going to use it as a food truck in my village for Christmas this year.

I did the same, except without closing the top in as I couldn't see how to without it looking weird. How did you do yours?

I did the same, except without closing the top in as I couldn't see how to without it looking weird. How did you do yours?

I used 12 2 x 2 Curved Slopes over some filler bricks and added one more 1 x 4 x 1-1/3 to close in the opening. The only thing I haven't done yet is convert the ladder to a door. I have the rest of the wall closed in with windows and am just using the ladder as a ramp right now.

A pizza truck would be a great addition to the great vehicles line. In my opinion it would bring a little more diversity to it. As for the freinds hot dog van, I think it could be decent if the color scheme was changed.

This is September and no more info on the upcoming sets?

Amazing bricks just posted the descriptions of the upcoming Nexo Knights' sets, so be patient - other themes will get more info soon I guess:)

I wish it was more along the lines of pizza to go. But i'll take what i can get. I never had a chance to get pizza to go and now the prices on ebay and bricklink are outrageous.

I have the "Legends' remake, it's nice but HUGELY overrated and can easily be made / made better with your own pieces.

Slightly off topic, but I was wondering how many kids (or parents) buy police stations or fire stations multiple times, because there's new sets every year? When I was a kid, I had one police station and one fire station, and after I got those I wanted some other stuff. I'm just trying to understand why Lego puts so much effort to those same City themes every year, surely there must be lots of kids who already have the police station and fire station stuff and they want something else.

Slightly off topic, but I was wondering how many kids (or parents) buy police stations or fire stations multiple times, because there's new sets every year? When I was a kid, I had one police station and one fire station, and after I got those I wanted some other stuff. I'm just trying to understand why Lego puts so much effort to those same City themes every year, surely there must be lots of kids who already have the police station and fire station stuff and they want something else.

New market every year. For every kid or AFOL who owns a station, there are four more new fans who don't.

Plus the police stations are different. Like this year is a prison, which would go good with the city station. Then there is a swamp police and forrest and everything else. So children might want one of each. I own two police stations as I couldn't afford one as a child. One is the World City futuristic one from 2004, and then two weeks ago I bought the last one on clearance. :)

I'm find with the police repeating because it's different. I don't get the Fire Station every year thing as it never changes! I'm hoping next year we get an airport fire station that's yellow and not red, just to mix it up a little.

On another note, keep in mind that City is a HUGE theme. This year there are six police sets and eight fire sets (not counting accessory sets and polybags) out of 35 sets total. I don't think there are a lot of kids or even adults who can afford to get every City set year after year. But the sheer number of sets available means that while new City fans are buying police and fire sets, more experienced City fans can be buying the newer or less frequent subthemes like Airport and Volcano Explorers, or the more individualized sets from the Great Vehicles subtheme.

Plus the police stations are different. Like this year is a prison, which would go good with the city station. Then there is a swamp police and forrest and everything else. So children might want one of each. I own two police stations as I couldn't afford one as a child. One is the World City futuristic one from 2004, and then two weeks ago I bought the last one on clearance. :)

I'm find with the police repeating because it's different. I don't get the Fire Station every year thing as it never changes! I'm hoping next year we get an airport fire station that's yellow and not red, just to mix it up a little.

TLG missed an opportunity to mix the Fire Station release up a bit, by not releasing a Forest Fire station IMO

TLG missed an opportunity to mix the Fire Station release up a bit, by not releasing a Forest Fire station IMO

Yep!

They could do so much with fire, a yellow station for airport, a brown and dark red for forest, a combo of both fire and police (like my hometown has), a modern 'stone' station, heck I'd take a red station with dark red accents, just something to stake up the same old thing. But nope, none of that.