Klaus-Dieter

2017 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Hello everybody! :classic:

For now the beginning of August is already is already over, following is really not much, but at least a bit:

Brickset lists

60147 Fishing Boat

60147-1.jpg?201608080822

as a 2017 City set.

I'd say this looks like one of the Great Vehicles themed sets for twenty Euros.

Klaus-Dieter

I like that!

Im not a big fishing fan, but just last week i was thinking i could use a smallish lego boat. And these €20 sets are absolutely brilliant, a very good sweetspot of affordability, yet offering a decent sized vehicle with good features.

I do wonder if this boat has a watertight hull (and comes with a weighted keel), would make for a cool tub-toy :grin:

Is that a new 2 x 4 slope piece above the captain?

I like that boat, too! :thumbup:

It's not acutally a real fishing boat, but a good looking motorboat with people at fishing. There are a decent number of fish and the shark is funny. And persumable twenty Euro for it is really a nice price for a nice set.

Nevertheless I'm hoping that much for a real fishing cutter (supposably more supposable in an exclusive City set).

I do wonder if this boat has a watertight hull (and comes with a weighted keel), would make for a cool tub-toy :grin:

I think that it actually has a watertight hull since it seems to be the for boats often used piece http://brickset.com/parts/design-92709.

Btw:

When you look at the right top corner of the set "box", you can see three minifigs with different torsos.

The middle one seems to wear a completely new torso as well as a completely new face. Could this be a hint for another racing / motor sports / motorcycle sports set in the Great Vehicles theme?

Plus we can detect a female construction site worker. So do you think that there will be minimum one construction site vehicle in this theme, too?

Klaus-Dieter

They put a studded string on the fishing rod for once! YAY! That's so much easier for little kids--and myself--than tying the rod piece and a clip thing up in knots.

Kind of weird to see a picture before any kind of list, though...

Nice find Klaus-Dieter. I would imagine that it's the same hull as used in the fishing boat that was in set 60015 Coast Guard Plane and on that sets box art it said the boat actually floats. I am also thinking and hoping that this will be part of a new/rebooted "Harbour" sub theme as the last harbour sub theme was in 2011, so would be a 6 year gap and in that theme they had set 4642 Fishing Boat.

As for this sets box art in the top right corner with the 3 mini fig faces, not necessarily from the set but the city line in general, could this be the way for city box art in the future?

Judging by the racing driver in the top right corner of the box art, could there be another race car City set on the way?

I like that boat, too! :thumbup:

It's not acutally a real fishing boat, but a good looking motorboat with people at fishing. There are a decent number of fish and the shark is funny. And persumable twenty Euro for it is really a nice price for a nice set.

Nevertheless I'm hoping that much for a real fishing cutter (supposably more supposable in an exclusive City set).

I think that it actually has a watertight hull since it seems to be the for boats often used piece http://brickset.com/parts/design-92709.

Cool! And yeah, i know its not a proper "fishing" fishing boat, more of a sports-fisher boat.

If this comes in at €20 i might pick it up and build a small motoryacht with it as a tub-toy :D

I thought Brickset didn't list early things :tongue: Has anyone tried finding the instructions? LEGO site has nothing.

Not a City guy, looks decent. I hope there are better ones coming though.

Edited by CM4Sci

I wonder if it will float better than the fishing boat from a few years ago. :classic:

Pretty cool. It has a nice realistic look to it which is always welcome.

All in all, not the best but not the worst set imo.

Also, hooray for early reveals for 2017 in August! :D

Nice set, glad to see, that TLG makes more "civilian" vehicles and constructions. Is there a possibility, that we see other 2017 sets in August?

Nice set, glad to see, that TLG makes more "civilian" vehicles and constructions. Is there a possibility, that we see other 2017 sets in August?

I hope so

Well, August is that time of the year when we get a small glimpse (mostly set names alone) of what's to come next year.

Is that a new 2 x 4 slope piece above the captain?

Looks like it. Maybe a half version of this piece:

45677.png

Looks like it. Maybe a half version of this piece:

45677.png

I would say it is this part combined with a specific angle at which the picture/render was taken:

98281.png

Tbh I'm bored of vehicles. I'd like to see more buildings. Friends gets loads of different buildings, but City is always just a police station, a bad guys' hideout and a bunch of cars, trucks and boats. It wouldn't be as bad if the Friends stuff was in standard colours, but purples and pinks don't fit in with City.

Where are the shops, cafes, restaurants. I know there are some creator sets, but not nearly as many compared to the number of speed boats and police helicopters.

Where are the shops, cafes, restaurants.

Buy Friends sets.

I like the boat, but it probably has 80-90 pieces and will be $20 because LEGO wants to use a boat piece that barely works.

Edited by Bricknblue

Buy Friends sets.

As I said, the colours don't work for traditional City, otherwise I'd be happy to (excluding the dolls)