Sign in to follow this  
TheLunabrick

KREO

Well KREO didn't last long but I thought the sets were pretty good (The transformers ones at least). What do you guys think of the KREO line before it died this year?

Having many of the sets, they wernt bad. Yeah the molds wern't up to lego"s high quality standards, with 99% being lifted from lego's parts repositories, but I liked their ball joint design and the use of character heads and imho as far as articulation the kreon's are better. What with their ball jointed hips n shoulders. But quality wise very hasbro, hit n miss and lots of qc issues.

But beyond all that, it was a theme/brand that brought me back to lego so, can't thank it enough (I avoided the last year or so of kreo as honestly, it felt as half baked as the entire tf brand is these days)

I was in it for Star Trek and Transformers. Kre-o actually put out some pretty decent stuff, some of which I'm still looking to get. I NEED the Kreons of Worf and Khan

I only bought a small set to check it out, but I was impressed with the rubber-coated ball joints, I mean Lego only has a little bit of rubber in one joint piece.

I was also impressed that this small set had "left & right" parts similar to what Lego only has as one merged part.

It only lacked of some "magic" to me, I wasn't really interested in that Transformers set.

Edited by anothergol

I was just toying with that small set that I found back, and something that I hadn't noticed back then: they got the slopes right!

You can -chain- them, they are offset by exactly 1 plate. No need for impossible tricks like with Lego - I so wish Lego was ditching all of their slopes (especially the grainy ones) & change to this system.

I have incorporated a few kreo items into lego mocs... Optimus primes head was a given!