Sign in to follow this  
SeanJFry

MOD - Simpsons Kwik-E-Mart to fit modular street

I have rebuilt my Kwik-E-Mart on a 32 x 32 baseplate to fit into my modular street.

I tried to only use parts from the official set except where it was necessary for my sliding door mod.

28763982186_1ce2e04a70_b.jpg

28718409361_abe740c652_b.jpg

28718413601_0ee40a181c_b.jpg

28718450881_14edb5686b_b.jpg

28690467712_15780dbc2e_b.jpg

28764027296_3869383d85_b.jpg

More photos in my Flickr album https://www.flickr.c...157669035000114

And stop motion speed build video

Edited by SeanJFry

Well done, you have kept the iconic front and still made it on a 32x32 baseplate, but it cost alot of space inside, which is sad. I don`t allow MODs my own so I had to fit it in as is:

Fun. I recently have been working on my own Kwik E Mart modular scale. Mine unfortunately is 22 wide, so it cost a lot of space inside, but I figured I'd use some of those things for a grocery store (green grocer perhaps). And I've also made mine taller. I like the idea of how it looks normally, but I don't like that much variance in roof heights. Definitely have variance, but one story vs a whole bunch of 2-3 story buildings seems off to me. But if it works for your city, go for it.

Well done,

Thanks

cost a lot of space inside

Yes, that's true, but I'm happy with what I could fit in without being too squashed. No telephones, Power sauce display, coffee machine. Less fridges, magazine racks and shelving.

I love it, you've kept all the great things about it, even at this reduced scale. It looks pretty good in the presence of the other buildings, if you ask me.

thanks. I have limited space and the only other buildings I own are modulars so that's why I modified it.

Fun. I recently have been working on my own Kwik E Mart modular scale.

You'll have to post pictures when it's done. I like to see mods of sets rather than just the official builds.

but I don't like that much variance in roof heights. Definitely have variance, but one story vs a whole bunch of 2-3 story buildings seems off to me. But if it works for your city, go for it.

yes, it's quite small compared to the petshop buildings. I'm going to rebuild my modified DO and place it next to the Kwik-E-Mart as they are closer in height.