Thank you very much for the picture and the further information, CM4Sci! :classic:

I'll finally judge this train after having seen more pics. How I see it am whether I'll buy it or not will even depend on whether it's PF compatible and the instruction for this is in the box included.

The only thing I can say already now is that I'm very disappointed about there being no big passenger car and even about the big lack of details. :sceptic:

I'm still excited about whether there in fact will be a second building alternative included like previously stated and if so how it'll look like.

Klaus-Dieter

Someone said there'd be a 2nd alternative build in this? :look:

Someone said there'd be a 2nd alternative build in this? :look:

Yes, it was nesquik in the 2016 Trains sets topic; already some months ago. So possibly this was a former idea but TLG finally decided to release only one build.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I'm very underwhelmed by this. I was hoping for something like the Emerald Night or even Hogwarts Express but this doesn't even look as good as the Toy Story train in terms of complexity.

I'll wait to see it built though before deciding whether to pick it up.

I think it is a nice addition to a Winter Village sets display. Color and style fit in. A 4-2-0 engine isn't too big to make the other WV sets look undersized.

Why is there a technic wheel in the cart? Does it make the christmas tree spin? hm.

Maybe there's a Santa that goes up and down ;)

It looks like it could be making the micro train go around the Christmas tree.

It's exactly what I expected from a Winter Village train, and as such I'll definitely be getting it. Sure, it's not a 'realistic' train, but it was never going to be!

Where are all the people who moaned that we never got a WV train since the last one? Here it is, and everyone is moaning that it's not realistic. People are never happy. :look:

It's exactly what I expected from a Winter Village train, and as such I'll definitely be getting it. Sure, it's not a 'realistic' train, but it was never going to be!

Where are all the people who moaned that we never got a WV train since the last one? Here it is, and everyone is moaning that it's not realistic. People are never happy. :look:

Same here... While I honestly think it looks like ____, I will still buy at least one copy in a show of support for the WV & Train themes....

What I'm really curious about is whether or not the set includes 6 Large drivers in red? This'll be the first time we've gotten red train wheels since the Toy Story train.

So, thatsa good thing, right?

My main gripe was that the train wasn't done in narrow gauge.......

Lastly, why is this set labelled "Expert"...? Surely they jest...?

The whole WV range is labelled 'expert'. Bear in mind that it's 'Creator expert', which I take to mean more advanced builds than the Creator range.

Anyway, hopefully this train will do really well with the target audience (I think it will) and will get little Johnny and little Timmy wanting more Lego trains. Hopefully if it does well, TLG may consider doing a few more trains...

I like it. Now to figure out a way to integrate it into my Christmas display. I guess I'll get it then try to find a way.

Andy D

Yuch.............

This is what we get for trains and the creator label?????? Pretty sad.

Went from having my hopes up to "Oh look an overpriced underwhelming train.."

Sad part is my 6yr old and 3 yr old like it, thought I taught them better than that lol

So no christmas presents for them? That will teach them.

After the first shock, I came to the conclusion that I at least like the streetlamp.

I can confirm that my 6yr old girl likes it too. (The train, not the streetlamp)

If you wait for something for a long time it's hard to keep the expectations down on a realistic level.

Edited by finish-last

TLG confirmed that this is an unauthorized leak, so expect the photo to be taken down.

So a leak is a leak and news it is. Why does Eurobrick bend over for Lego?

Was this a test to see how much we all actually hate it?

Just released on S@H for VIPs. It is very Winter Village and I think the kids will love it. I also believe there will be some excellent MODs that can be done with two (or three) of these.

I love that there is a black funnel with a red stripe. Did anyone else get a happy wave of nostalgia when they saw that?

Edited by Dread Pirate Rob

I think the train needs work to get it right, though you could use the design as a spring board to bigger and better things, like this:

29095752650_5005e4b98d_z.jpg

I used the front and driving wheel design of the loco in the set to make the rear wheel set of this custom steamer MOC. The front bogie is from the Emerald Night and pistons inspired by Anthony Sava. Naturally I left out the motor parts, but they could be used to push the loco from a following freight car. If anyone wants to see more, just tell me and I'll provide a link to the thread in the Historic forum....

Edited by Murdoch17

Do anyone know if the set comes only with 1 pair of big red driver wheels or there are more included in a common bag like for Ex. by 9467 Ghost train where was one pair of blind wheels spare...

Max

Edited by MaxSupercars

Do anyone know if the set comes only with 1 pair of big red driver wheels or there are more included in a common bag like for Ex. by 9467 Ghost train where was one pair of blind wheels spare...

Max

2 flanged, 1 blind are all that come with this set.

Thank you... I thought it. So the big wheels come as a set in a bag. Thanx for info. :)

Max

Edited by MaxSupercars

I watched Jangbrick's video review today of this set. I still feel it is way to small, and doesn't feel proper. I like that it does look kind of quaint, and it seemed to make a chugging noise as the wheels bounced around on Jang's layout at the end of the video. But for all it does right, I still feel cheated somehow. Maybe it was a mistake to expect it had to hold up to the same standards as the previous Creator trains, and admittedly the smaller scale fits perfectly with the previous Winter Village sets. But I might be to much of a rivet counter now when it comes to trains, and it is really hampering my view of the finished model. While I want it for completion sake to continue my collection of "Creator" trains, I feel like I would get more enjoyment by spending the money on some HO Scale Trains, or Bricklinking parts for my own Lego Train, or maybe the money could be better spent on Lego Star Wars or Superheros, or even chasing down the last Bionicle sets. And that is a sad feeling for me. The previous three Creator trains were so well done, they were on top of my want list ahead of many of the things I listed (I sometimes wish I had bought second copies of the Maersk, the EN, and the Horizon Express). I bought those trains only a month or two after release. But this Winter Village train has yet to make me feel that way; feel like I want it above all else, which is making me feel a little sad :cry_sad: .

Edited by xboxtravis7992

I watched Jangbrick's video review today of this set...

snip

...which is making me feel a little sad :cry_sad: .

I just watched Jangbrick's video too!

Already, I've started to compose my own "Counter Christmas Train" that will use an m-motor and 4-wide track... coming soon...

I think that size of this train is perfect for it's intended use. Ever tried running 10173 around single loop? The train spans over more than a half loop and it just doesnt look proper. The things that bother me more are how the train loks when you add PF, strange looking single big wheel configuration and one missing car (typical train for me is engine, tender and three cars).

I will fix PF by using 9v motor, there is nothing that could be done for wheel configuration (unless you turn it into toy story engine) and I will build additional car.

While this train could have been so much better I think it fits in well with the Winter Village. It wasn't something I had to purchase on 9/15 but it is worth getting on 10/1 once the promo is out. Certainly can't wait to get my village up and running again.