Here's my first MOC after a 17-year dark age. During that period, all that crazy studless thing happened, so I had to re-learn everything. (Also, I miss Technic figures.)

moc-cmpsw_1470434949-800.jpg

The MOC was built from a limited assortment of parts that I have now, mainly 42035 Mining Truck and 42045 Hydroplane Racer. I added some of my pre-dark age parts like the wheels and the gears used as brushes.

Because of the part assortment limit, the color coordination in the model isn't very good. I'm somewhat unhappy about this.

The MOC is loosely based on Bucher Citycat 1000 series compact sweepers, which I often see in the streets of my city. It's not a scale model: I wanted to capture the general impression from compact sweepers. Building a true scale model in such a small scale is a task for which my building skills are too poor.

More photos:

moc-cmpsw_1470435400-800.jpg

moc-cmpsw_1470435484-800.jpg

moc-cmpsw_1470436595-800.jpg

Functions (no PF, obviously):

- The brushes rotate while driving (non-Lego rubbers are used, but suitable Lego rubbers exist)

- A fake 2-cylinder engine connected to the front axle (the prototype has a 3-cylinder engine)

- Rear axle steering (the prototype can be either front-steered or all wheel steered, so for this scale I think this is acceptable)

- Tipper

moc-cmpsw_1470435612-800.jpg

moc-cmpsw_1470436483-800.jpg

The build is dirty for my taste (no way for an official set to be built like this), but the resulting model is quite sturdy (which I guess isn't hard anyway for models of this size).

The scale is quite close for the Technic figure to fit, but I couldn't manage: there is not enough space in the cabin.

The steering module was borrowed from laix's excellent Mini Mobile Crane MOC. I can highly recommend this steering, it is much less wobbly than from 8067 Mini Mobile Crane, and the steering lock is generous. The only improvement I made was adding a 1L beam on the arm connected to the HOG to reduce backlash.

Partially disassembled:

moc-cmpsw_1470436661-800.jpg

moc-cmpsw_1470436711-800.jpg

moc-cmpsw_1470436789-800.jpg

I like your MOC, the sweeper is similar to the ones here where I live. I would say that the only missing thing is a cover for the rear part, but I understand yhe limited amount of parts. :classic:

Iwould say that the only missing thing is a cover for the rear part, but I understand yhe limited amount of parts. :classic:

Looks like my attempt to, um, cover my 1994 origins failed :D I still don't get panels.

In fact, I wanted to use the large white panels for the tippper and couldn't think of any parts to use as covers. Any ideas appreciated :)

Looks like my attempt to, um, cover my 1994 origins failed :D I still don't get panels.

In fact, I wanted to use the large white panels for the tippper and couldn't think of any parts to use as covers. Any ideas appreciated :)

Do you have any white plates from your original collection? Those could work as covers

Very nice! Lots of function in such a small package.

You made the transition from studded to Studless very nicely!

Andy D