IMG_1047.jpg

Christina Phillips - Fhomess

IMG_1043.jpg

Robert Butler - Dragonfire

Out of Town:

IMG_1054.jpg

Betsy Bowers - Forresto

DAY FIVE

Today's Mayor is Michael Wright / jluck!

He must pick a Town Council Chair and nominate that person publicly here. Then you will have 24 hours to approve his government by voting either Yes or No. He should do so ASAP without delay. If he does not within 24 hours from now, it will be a failed government and a new mayor will be selected.

Remember, if three governments fail in a row (that would be 72 hours theoretically - three 24 hour periods), then the top card is flipped and that policy is enacted.

Characters (11)

IMG_1042.jpg

Lindsey Green - Khscarymovie4

IMG_1055.jpg

Ralph Brooks - Actor Builder

IMG_1053.jpg

Joshua Sutton - Peanuts

IMG_1052.jpg

Scott Howell - Jackjonespaw

IMG_1051.jpg

Erik Kelly - Umbra-Manis

IMG_1050.jpg

Patricia Davis - Tariq J

IMG_1049.jpg

Anne Martin - Mediumsnowman

IMG_1048.jpg

Michael Wright - Jluck

IMG_1046.jpg

Edward Cook - Chromeknight

IMG_1047.jpg

Christina Phillips - Fhomess

IMG_1043.jpg

Robert Butler - Dragonfire

Out of Town:

IMG_1054.jpg

Betsy Bowers - Forresto

Edited by Bob

Michael hasn't been in government yet, am I correct?

Well, I personally think that's a good start. I eagerly await looking forward to seeing who he chooses as Town Council Chair!

I strongly recommend Erik or Scott for TCC. With all the discussion about the investigation they've been way to quiet lately. I also think it would be quite good for someone who hasn't been in the government yet to get some kind of read on them (if any).

I think we should let Michael make his own decision, as it would give us more information than him just choosing who we advise.

Patricia, I find it interesting how you have singled out Erik and Scott, and omitted Christina, in your post. Those three are the only people who haven't been in a government before. Why not Christina?

The reason why I forgot about Christiana was she was giving off town reads to me and I was actually more focusing on Scott and Erik because they have been very inactive for most of the game. And thus it was hard for me (and probably most of us) to get a read on them.

Where as Christainan has been very active for the majority of the game.

I think we should vote down a mayor or two until...

Oh wait, I'm the nominee?! In that case, I think we should stick with the current mayor! :wink:

I'm out right now with my wife, but I'll nominate a TCC soon. I'll have to check the previous days cuz I want that one person who's been involved in 2 town cards. I mentioned I have a town read on them yesterday.

I think I'm thinking of Lindsey but she's disqualified from being nominated as she was yesterday's mayor I believe. With that in mind, I'm open to suggestions!

I think me and Christina are at least here and available, where as scott hasn't been seen for at least a few days. If he shows up, we're all equal choices if we go for a new TCC, but since he's not here his nomination would likely be wasting time.

We also have to look at our chances of getting another favorable mayor if michael's government fails:

11 Players

-2 Yesterday's government

-1 Michael himself

8 Players, 3 of whom are highly suspect. So if we reject michael's government, or it fails due to a no pick there is a 37.5 % chance the next mayor is someone we can't trust.

Bob... are the people who've been mayor before excluded from the random selection process until everyone's had a chance? I know in Secret Hitler, the role moves linearly around the circle so everyone is involved.

Joshua and Ralph have already been mayor, so depending on how Bob answers the question, we may only be at risk of Anne getting the mayor role among the 3 (1 in 6 chance).

The reason why I forgot about Christiana was she was giving off town reads to me and I was actually more focusing on Scott and Erik because they have been very inactive for most of the game. And thus it was hard for me (and probably most of us) to get a read on them.

Where as Christainan has been very active for the majority of the game.

Why wouldn't you want someone you townread to be put up? We don't want a scum in a position of power.

Bob... are the people who've been mayor before excluded from the random selection process until everyone's had a chance? I know in Secret Hitler, the role moves linearly around the circle so everyone is involved.

Joshua and Ralph have already been mayor, so depending on how Bob answers the question, we may only be at risk of Anne getting the mayor role among the 3 (1 in 6 chance).

Lindsey's been mayor twice.... on both Day Three (at the beginning) and Day Four. So there's your question answered for you.

Why wouldn't you want someone you townread to be put up? We don't want a scum in a position of power.

Yes, but we want try and get a clear read (or at least a fair idea) of other players who haven't spoken up that much.

Take Scott for example, he hasn't said anything for two days... He could easily be a scum or even the Godfather trying to lie low (and given how much focus has been dedicated to the investigation that was quite easy to do) If we put him as the TCC, yes, we are taking a gamble, but we're a step closer to figuring out whose stories match up and whose don't. And so its easier to eliminate the townies and catch the scum.

Hear me out, I'm not saying Christiana being TCC is a bad thing, if Micheal wants her as TCC then by all means he can do it. But I think it would be wiser to let someone who hasn't really contributed that much to step up and give us something to work on.

Lindsey's been mayor twice.... on both Day Three (at the beginning) and Day Four. So there's your question answered for you.

Ah, yes. I forgot that Lindsey had been mayor but didn't show up.

Ok, let's try this one then:

I nominate Erik Kelly (Umbris) as my TCC. I like that he is following along and I want to see what he'll do if given the opportunity to make a choice.

Fair enough, I'll vote Yes to that. We need to let the quieter players prove themselves as town, or out themselves as scum.

But surely scum would want the Godfather to look as townie as possible so that, in the future, town would elect him/her as TCC to give scum the win? What if that was your plan, and it failed because of bad luck (town-Ralph receiving three scum cards, forcing GF-Anne to play a scum card and look bad as a result)?

Just because Anne played a scum card doesn't mean that this couldn't have been your plan. I'm really not sure which of you and Ralph is scum, but I would strongly advocate against installing any of you (Ralph, Joshua, Anne) as TCC for the foreseeable future.

I'm not saying it's impossible that that was our plan, if we had been scum. But if it was, that plan would have been foiled by now, and there would be no way to convince you that she is trsutworthy enough that she should be TCC after four scum policies have been passed.

So now you're accusing me of being scum for asking Ralph to investigate you? To be honest, I did suspect you of being scum and discarding the town policy, and I thought that if Ralph was town, his investigation could clear two people of being scum (you and Anne) and give us some confirmed townies who we could trust, or nip a potential scum plot in the bud. I don't know whether the latter occurred, or whether Ralph himself is scum and took the opportunity, so I'm not prepared to trust any of you for the time being. I also don't like how you're (over)using mathematical statistics to try to get us to believe that Anne is more likely to be town than the rest of us. I understand that it's a 100% thing from your point of view if you're town, but the threat of her being the Godfather is too much for us to consider putting her in a position of power again.

Also, I'm a bit confused here, how would it have looked more suspicious (assuming Ralph and I are both scum) for Ralph to have checked you all by himself than to risk outing a second scum just to throw doubt on an investigation result?

At the very least I am saying it would have made for a good scum plan. I think it would have been more obvious that Ralph is trying make you question the investigation result if he had chosen to investigate by himself, especially since he had not contributed much before. You had contributed more, so if you tell him to investigate me, it allows him to just go with it.

But is it too much of a threat to put her in a position of power when the scum cannot win just by having the Godfather as TCC? Because if she is the Godfather, outing her by enacting a scum policy would be a bad idea for the scum team. I guess Christina could be rigth and if I had been scum I could have used the chance to "clear" a normal team member, in which case Anne's death would not lose the game for the scum nor prevent us from voting for the Godfather as TCC. That would be the worst case for the town in my opinion. But you said a scum member would always try to clear the Godfather, and I can see how that gives a higher benefit. I don't know. I'm town and so is Anne.

With that said, I was prepared to vote down today's government if I wouldn't like the people in it, but I don't have a problem with Michael as mayor. I don't think we can learn much about the TCC, but at least it will tell us something about Michael. I vote yes.

I actually find this rather scummy, since you stuck mathematical figures into your previous post in many places to try to befuddle us into thinking Anne has a very high chance of being town, when in fact, from my point of view it's lower than a random person's.

Yeah, I miscalculated. But it should be slightly higher, right? I don't think there is more than a third scum among us. But I can see what Christina meant when she said it's not significant enough.

Well. That's a majority.

I was coming to vote no, to swap mayors and see who they chose and how people felt about them, but unless people change their minds, the point is moot.

I won't go into odds, some people have said that's not helpful. But I will say, they're interesting, because what we see will directly confirm or deny the truth of some of the claims made on previous days.

Well. That's a majority.

I was coming to vote no, to swap mayors and see who they chose and how people felt about them, but unless people change their minds, the point is moot.

I won't go into odds, some people have said that's not helpful. But I will say, they're interesting, because what we see will directly confirm or deny the truth of some of the claims made on previous days.

I believe that yesterday, we decided that there were 4 scum, 4 town cards left (if one mayor discarded a town card), or 3 scum, 5 town cards left (if both Joshua and Ralph discarded a scum card). If Lindsey and Patricia are to be believed, then there should be either 3 scum, 2 town cards left or 2 scum, 3 town cards left.

This government has officially passed! I shall now draw three cards and hand them off.

Since we can't go around in a circle, we're giving everyone a chance every day, unless they've been in the government the day before. To use an example, now that jluck's government has been approved, he cannot be Mayor or TCC tomorrow, however on Day Seven he can be either one again. It just so happens that I've not drawn the same person twice so far.

Thanks, Bob.

I don't see any reason not to believe Lindsey and Patricia given that they passed a town policy.

Thanks, Bob.

I don't see any reason not to believe Lindsey and Patricia given that they passed a town policy.

I agree, but I'm just being careful here. Patricia definitely wasn't lying, but is less likely to be town than Lindsey is.

A third town policy has passed! All players may now post in this thread again.