Richard L aka Scooby

A little bit of 42043, a little bit of 8258 and a little bit of me.

I would like to introduce to you all my first moc here on Eurobricks. It is a Mercedes-Benz Arocs Twinsteer Crane truck. Like the title says, it is a mix of three things. The cabin is not complete the same as the 42043-cabin. It is a little modified such as a lightbar on the roof, the skirts behind the cabine are a little longer and the mounting to the chassis is differend as in the 42043 set. The cabine can not be tilted and there is no engine under it. The space under the cabine can be used for a Sbrick or a Wubizz. The steering is HOG.

28661802012_8c69cd1743_z.jpgArocs Twinsteer Crane truck 1 by Richard Langen, on Flickr

28735454036_cc5efcf70e_z.jpgArocs Twinsteer Crane truck 2 by Richard Langen, on Flickr

28151954863_fba7209609_z.jpgArocs Twinsteer Crane truck 4 by Richard Langen, on Flickr

The chassis looks quite simmular as the chassis from the 8258 crane truck. The 2 front axles are indeed the same as the 8258, the centre part of the chassis looks from the outside the same as the 8258 but the inside i got rid of all the gears and placed a PF for the main boom of the crane, and the manual-function for spreading the outriggers. The construction of the back of the chassis, where the two axles are, is my own idea; simple and robust ofcourse with a dif on each axle. There are twintyres on each axle.

28149299324_12d14abe27_z.jpgArocs Twinsteer Crane truck 3 by Richard Langen, on Flickr

The crane is for 98% the same as the 8258-set but is partly remote controlled (lifting the mainboom and 2nd boom). The last section of the boom and rotating the crane must be used manualy. The same with the outriggers. The standard batterybox can be placed in the rack behind the cabin as is easy to take out. The reciever is placed between the batterybox and the crane in the chassis.

28149298164_3761ec7b37_z.jpgArocs Twinsteer Crane truck 6 by Richard Langen, on Flickr

28149299004_1f113fe4c9_z.jpg

With the loading-platform i tryed to make the truck as one complete fat truck. You can see in the video how every thing works. I hope you like the truck as much as i do.

Till my next moc,

Richard L

Edited by Richard L aka Scooby

That's a clean, really good-looking build. I just wonder if the steering ratio between the two front axles is a bit off - then again, it might just be the angle of the first picture.

The steering is the same as the 8258 set and works perfect. The tyres of the second steeringaxle are not rubbing the floor when the truck makes a turn.

And thank you for the compliment.