eliza

MOC: English Hat Shop - Modular Building

I haven't had much time for building this year so I'm going to declare my London-style hat shop done (even though it still needs some work here and there). I'm posting it and adding it to my modular street.

28649126702_9051d05eac_z.jpg

The first floor is hat shop. The black tiles on the sides are chalkboards for daily advertisements. I may create stickers for these in the future. Right now there is a sale on pith helmets (which are wonderfully stackable).

28722596786_b76caa8656_z.jpg

You can't really see in this photo but the mirror piece from the detective office is built into the dresser with the clock.

28649126962_739edcf60a_z.jpg

Upstairs is a small apartment with a bedroom loft reached by ladder.

Thanks for looking! More photos can be seen on flickr.

What a lovely building! I especially like the brown and white front of the first floor and the flower pots right in front of it. How did you build them?

Oh and I love the green and yellow striped walls :wub:

Great build.

I really like the wallpaper,hey I'm an aussie and green and gold are our olympic sporting colours.

I also love the drain pipe and the use of a column piece for a lamp shade.

Nice! I alway like a hat shop. A pity there aren't that many around.

The shop looks nice and with a great variety of hats. I am only missing a bowler hat.

Very nice model. Even though it is not massive it has got lots of character. I love the wallpaper!

I love the display window on the ground floor, clever use of the headlight bricks. This is like one of those suave shops in Savile Row.

Nice! I alway like a hat shop. A pity there aren't that many around.

The shop looks nice and with a great variety of hats. I am only missing a bowler hat.

Actually there is a bowler hat you just can't see it from a top view. It's inside the display case under the middle counter.

What a lovely building! I especially like the brown and white front of the first floor and the flower pots right in front of it. How did you build them?

Oh and I love the green and yellow striped walls :wub:

Thanks! The flower pot is made with a vintage technic wheel hub, two dishes, a bit of hose, a tile with a stud and a bouquet.

flower_pot.jpg

Soooo many fantastic things about this MOC! I really love the colours you've chosen for the roof - looks far more realistic than if you'd used a single colour. Excellent!

I have a soft spot for 16 wides and yours is splendid. Clean facade with great woodwork, awesome interior.. Good stuff!

This modular looks amazing with the color scheme you used. The whole facade is beautiful. I love the small details you incorporated into your build, e.g. the flower pots, the wallpaper, the guardrail. :wub:

By the way, your library facade is splendid, too.

Nice building.

Love the small details, especially the wallpaper in the shop itself

The upper floor facade looks interesting, too.

This also takes me back a bit, as my first-ever modular MOC was also a hat shop.

Edited by RogerSmith

Very nice!

I love the wooden shop front and the shop interior.

Colours work well together.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

Very nice modular! Nice idea for a shop, and nice apartment, love all the small details that are everywhere. :thumbup: