Sign in to follow this  
LucasLaughing

[SoNE Ep XII - freebuild] Wave of Mutilation

28645644432_2b9609ae55_t.jpg

Sgt. Lucas Kirana: It happened again … this time while I was on Naboo.

28135536763_f22b848240_c.jpg

A bounty hunter working an unrelated job recognized former ISB Agent Goatm An, posing as a merchant captain. I'd been assigned to 'terminate' Goatm almost a year earlier and although we'd had one close encounter, most of the time it felt like I was chasing a ghost. This was the first solid lead we'd had in months.

28719041136_0899490476_c.jpg

By the time I got to Naboo, the local garrison had identified the ship Goatm had been using, which led them to a house near the spaceport. It was the perfect cover for someone posing as a merchant working his way into respectability. The troops confirmed the house was empty, and then set-up a perimeter. They had orders not to touch or disturb anything before the scanning crew and ISB liaison arrived.

They showed me inside, but I'm afraid I didn't make it too far...

28135531383_9bb6b7f233_c.jpg

28719035316_0b6996218c_c.jpg

There was a plant. Something about the smell, or the shape ... reminded me...

28135529403_4c83bfa1a2_c.jpg

Something I'd seen before...

28719030236_5fa8dbf73f_c.jpg

Shortly after our first encounter, the ISB tracked Goatm to his mother's home planet: Aquilae. They sent a team of agents after him, but lost contact with the agents shortly after they landed. As the sun rose, I saw why.

28645656812_ac93caba1c_c.jpg

Goatm had been busy. Some of the bodies were already decayed, but others were fresh. Goatm was close, or he had been very recently.

28719020456_1028a23515_c.jpg

The stench was horrific … it was hard to breathe, the humid jungle air tasted of decay … and the flies …

can a swarm of flies make that much noise? … the sound rising and falling ... as if the swarm itself had a … a voice...

28645649802_9cb410cc80_c.jpg

28133212324_08976f5013_c.jpg

28645648542_1f9f259654_c.jpg

28645644432_2b9609ae55_t.jpg Yes, of course. I was just contemplating our next move. What's up?

28673997091_ce24828c3d_o.png It's the scanning crew, sir. They found something.

28645644432_2b9609ae55_t.jpg Good. … Was there something else, trooper?

28673997091_ce24828c3d_o.png Uh, respectfully, sir, we've cleared the building, so you can secure your side arm. If you want to. Sir.

28133211544_7cd48dbcbd_c.jpg

My pistol. I hadn't even realized I'd drawn it.

28645644432_2b9609ae55_t.jpg Roger that. Old habits … where's the scanning crew?

28673997091_ce24828c3d_o.png Follow me, sir.

To be continued ...

Update - part 2 finally posted.

Do not adjust your monitors ... I've finally converted to the fleshie side. :vader:

Edited by LucasLaughing

That's a perfect Naboo building. And even more perfect is the light you have in the Aquilae build. Wow.

I haven't decided yet which color should I use. Well, it doesn't matter, as long as they wear helmets.

Let me quote the Lego Movie™ to describe your build: "Everything is awesome!" :laugh:

That Naboo-style building is excellent, instantly recognizable. Great architecture and perfect color scheme, it looks so much like right out of Theed. You captured that distinct look amazingly.

The Aquilae jungle scenery is excellent, too. The lighting and the mood are great and really look like a jungle afternoon; the heads are creepy as all hell.

But I think I enjoyed the narrative the most. I am fairly new to the play and haven't seen anything of your collaboration builds before, but now I had to read through all of them because it was so well done. That whole shadow hunt for Goatm An is very, very intruiging. I can't wait for it to continue!

Edited by Cody Startale

The story continues!!!! I didn't even realize that I'd been waiting for this until I read the story! Great work and fantastic builds!

That's a perfect Naboo building. And even more perfect is the light you have in the Aquilae build. Wow.

I haven't decided yet which color should I use. Well, it doesn't matter, as long as they wear helmets.

Thanks! We had a great sunset the other night, so I was literally holding the Aquilae baseplate up into the light with one hand and holding the camera with the other :classic:

I went with yellow heads for a long time just because that's what I had the most of, but I think it will be easier to build other SoNE characters into my story using fleshies.

Let me quote the Lego Movie™ to describe your build: "Everything is awesome!" :laugh:

That Naboo-style building is excellent, instantly recognizable. Great architecture and perfect color scheme, it looks so much like right out of Theed. You captured that distinct lokk amazingly.

The Aquilae jungle scenery is excellent, too. The lighting and the mood are great and really look like a jungle afternoon; the heads are creepy as all hell.

But I think I enjoyed the narrative the most. I am fairly new to the play and haven't seen anything of your collaboration builds before, but now I had to read through all of them because it was so well done. That whole shadow hunt for Goatm An is very, very intruiging. I can't wait for it to continue!

Thank you! I've really enjoyed SoNE since the beginning, but I think collaborating with Goatman (and others) has made it even better, and pushed me to keep improving my building.

The story continues!!!! I didn't even realize that I'd been waiting for this until I read the story! Great work and fantastic builds!

Thanks MkJoshA! I'm hoping to start posting more regularly again, since life is starting to settle down, so there should be plenty more story on the way :classic:

Lovely lovely Naboo scene! Fits their aesthetic to the tee. The story is also wonderful! Very creepy! Also, I don't want to bump your old topic, but the previous installment's wall design for the imperial lights was just wonderful!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I like this build and story a lot! The way you always try to take an all-Lego shot is really awesome! :wub:

great work on the build and story. I think an establishing shot showing the transition from outside to interior hallway might have helped the flow. The transitions between Naboo and Aquilae are great, I especially like that last shot with the gun drawn

Lovely lovely Naboo scene! Fits their aesthetic to the tee. The story is also wonderful! Very creepy! Also, I don't want to bump your old topic, but the previous installment's wall design for the imperial lights was just wonderful!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Thanks Danny! Yeah, my SoNE stories get a little dark from time to time ... :look::devil:

I like this build and story a lot! The way you always try to take an all-Lego shot is really awesome! :wub:

Thank you! The storytelling aspect is one of the big draws for me, so I try to keep it "in-universe" as much as possible.

Judges have awarded you 5 XP!

Thanks judges!

great work on the build and story. I think an establishing shot showing the transition from outside to interior hallway might have helped the flow. The transitions between Naboo and Aquilae are great, I especially like that last shot with the gun drawn

Thanks - I was really happy with how the flashback / return to reality worked out.

Edited by LucasLaughing

Thanks Danny! Yeah, my SoNE stories get a little dark from time to time ... :look::devil:

Dark is good. I love dark. :devil_laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

This is a fun read and great scene man! Perfectly captures Naboo's architecture and the vegetation on the Aquilae scene is stunning.