Capn Frank

Challenge Four – The First Treasure Fleet - RESULTS POSTED!

7 minutes ago, Bregir said:

I believe you are free to use that license whenever you want to. And notice it does not factor in to your ship limit, meaning it doesn't matter when you use it. Further, a microbuild is sufficient to activate it. :)

As to the factions, (Someone correct me if I am wrong) I understand it to be so that the average score of the five highest scoring builds are multiplied by the total number of builds from that faction. Which resulted in the slightly surprising results. :)

Hm, I still don't see sense in the order, it just seems random after the first place to me. (more totals: 10 entries from ESL, 8 from OL, 7 from COR and 4 from SR, with 3/3/3/1 entries being part of the "top 3s")

Oh, and by the way, thanks for all your work here (this goes to all of the leadership - sadly it is easier for me to criticise something than praise something, which is why I often criticise stuff. Don't worry! ;))

And Congrats Ayrlego:P

I'd second Legostone's question and would really love to understand the faction rating. Just from sheer quantity it does not work out.

Also how are the sistershipping-rules für the class5-ships when sunk etc.? Sistershipping at the base price? Or not at all? Or for no price?

1 hour ago, Legostone said:

...I would like to know how the order of the factions comes to place - especially for 4B. I count 7 entries from ESL, 5 from OL, 2 from COR and 2 from SR. First place is COR/COR, second is ESL/OL, third is ESL, and yet ESL comes up last, with most entries as well as second and third place. This would make me guess that COR, ESL, OL, SR would make most sense.

For 4A it is the other way around - 5 entries from COR, 3 from ESL, 3 from OL and 2 from SR. First place is COR/OL, second is ESL, third is OL/SR. This would make me guess that OL/COR first/second, third ESL and SR behind. 

Or am I seeing just thinking about this in the wrong way?

:pir_laugh2: :grin: I was wondering if anyone would mention that - you guys have prevented me (in the old English sense of the word :tongue:).  The fact is, the current way the faction places are decided does not, as you noted, have a sufficient quantity modifier, so hold your horses, and we'll be getting that fixed before the next challenge! :pir-wink:  Since it hadn't really made any difference in the placings of the last few challenges, it hadn't been noticed until now.  As to how the places are calculated - the members places are a straight average of the judges' results, while the faction places are the average of the top five entries from each one.  Hence the reason why the two do not necessarily reflect each other very well.

29 minutes ago, Elostirion said:

I'd second Legostone's question and would really love to understand the faction rating. Just from sheer quantity it does not work out.

Also how are the sistershipping-rules für the class5-ships when sunk etc.? Sistershipping at the base price? Or not at all? Or for no price?

See my answer to LS above for the faction ratings - but yes, you are right that the quantity does not yet weigh in enough on the results.  Expect to see that taken care of in all future challenges :pir-wink:  However they are calculated, I'm afraid Corrington would have taken the island away without much difficulty though! :pir-grin: 

:pir-laugh:

The sistershipping rules would be the same as usual - you'd need to pay the licence fees again (well, for the first time, in this case - and the modifier too, if it's past the limit), but you would use the same MOC/ship :pir-classic:

The prize licenses work the same as captured licenses.  A build is required for you to activate it, but in the case of these, a Micro build is required.  Just like captured licenses, only the base price of the license is covered. Additional costs for having more than 3 ships will still need to be paid for.

When you license these, I will have to make a manual adjustment to your costs.  Feel free to send an Adjudication that you'd like to use your free license.

12 minutes ago, Phred said:

The prize licenses work the same as captured licenses.  A build is required for you to activate it, but in the case of these, a Micro build is required.  Just like captured licenses, only the base price of the license is covered. Additional costs for having more than 3 ships will still need to be paid for. 

When you license these, I will have to make a manual adjustment to your costs.  Feel free to send an Adjudication that you'd like to use your free license.

6 hours ago, Garmadon said:

And, the Challenge IV winners are!

Category B:

1st @Ayrlego, Plundering the Treasure Fleet (and Bregir, A Storm is Coming).  Prize - A free Class 6 vessel (micro-build required) of any kind (not subject to the multiplier either), the title, "Plunderer of the Great Golden Fleet", and 400 DBs

2nd - @Elostirion, La Caverna Matutera (And Kolonial Beamter's Bon Voyage!) - A Class 5 vessel of any kind (micro required for activation, the same other conditions as the for first place), and 250 DBs.

3rd - @Legostone, Wrong Ship! - The prize being a Class 4 vessel of any kind, same as above, and 200 DBs.

There is a conflict on whether the won ship is subject to the ship multiplier for 4+ ships. 

33 minutes ago, SilentWolf said:

There is a conflict on whether the won ship is subject to the ship multiplier for 4+ ships. 

You're right. I redact most of my response.

Cool! So two large "miscellaneous goods" factories, the first in Arlinsport, Tiberia

30290938340_abc66c6d8d.jpg

and the second in Mooreton Bay, Alicentia.

30290935700_8005e2f86a.jpg

I'll license and post a reminder in the accounts thread if required.

A major thank you to all participants, congrats to the winners, and thanks to the organizing staff behind the scenes, great job everyone :classic::thumbup:

5 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

So two large "miscellaneous goods" factories, the first in Arlinsport, Tiberia

Looking good, ya secret selling fleet-plunderer :thumbup:

9 hours ago, Legostone said:

sadly it is easier for me to criticise something than praise something, which is why I often criticise stuff.

Zätz bekause you're Tschörman :grin:

12 hours ago, Garmadon said:

:pir_laugh2: :grin: I was wondering if anyone would mention that - you guys have prevented me (in the old English sense of the word :tongue:).  The fact is, the current way the faction places are decided does not, as you noted, have a sufficient quantity modifier, so hold your horses, and we'll be getting that fixed before the next challenge! :pir-wink:  Since it hadn't really made any difference in the placings of the last few challenges, it hadn't been noticed until now.  As to how the places are calculated - the members places are a straight average of the judges' results, while the faction places are the average of the top five entries from each one.  Hence the reason why the two do not necessarily reflect each other very well.

See my answer to LS above for the faction ratings - but yes, you are right that the quantity does not yet weigh in enough on the results.  Expect to see that taken care of in all future challenges :pir-wink:  However they are calculated, I'm afraid Corrington would have taken the island away without much difficulty though! :pir-grin: 

:pir-laugh:

The sistershipping rules would be the same as usual - you'd need to pay the licence fees again (well, for the first time, in this case - and the modifier too, if it's past the limit), but you would use the same MOC/ship :pir-classic:

Will it be getting fixed for the results of this one too?

36 minutes ago, Legostone said:

Will it be getting fixed for the results of this one too?

I don't think so :pir-grin:  As the faction prizes are almost just straight DBs this challenge, though, the odd places don't really hurt any faction overmuch (and if we're a little behind some of the other factions in DBs [which we actually were before the challenge], Eslandola is whipping everybody when it comes to FIPs :tongue: :laugh:)

Congrats to everyone who participated in this challenge. There were some really creative builds and collaborations that were fun to see. And kudos to leadership for upgrading the prizes; makes me wish I'd entered this challenge!

Thank you to all the participants for taking part in this challenge and congrats to the winners.  :pir-classic:

Congratulations to the winners, especially Ayrlego, but also to all participants!

Oh, btw:

WUHUUUUU - I won something!! :pir-grin:

Erhm... I mean... Well done to all the participants, great work from the organisers and congratulations to all the winners.

It would be great to have seen some more entries, but those we've seen are good. :thumbup:

@Ayrlego: That was fast! Well done!

21 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Cool! So two large "miscellaneous goods" factories, the first in Arlinsport, Tiberia

30290938340_abc66c6d8d.jpg

and the second in Mooreton Bay, Alicentia.

30290935700_8005e2f86a.jpg

I'll license and post a reminder in the accounts thread if required.

These two photos definitely look like children's (and not so children) game of "Find the differences"! :pir-tongue:

GZ btw to all the winners!

• Congratulations to all winners - some great entries and some well-deserved victories
  • Thank ypou for the second place in cat B - really appreciate that. :-)
  • Amazing individual prices this time around, very creative, please keep that up.
  • The facton-prices might become more creative in the future as well
  • Really weird faction ranking, please try to adapt it next time
  • Great idea Ayrlego, and well executed, on those micros!

On 10/28/2016 at 5:21 AM, Bregir said:

@Ayrlego: That was fast! Well done!

I'm away from my bricks for three weeks from next week, so I needed to get them done ASAP as I have a few things on the go I'd like to get finished before I leave!

On 10/28/2016 at 10:00 AM, blackdeathgr said:

These two photos definitely look like children's (and not so children) game of "Find the differences"! :pir-tongue:

Same architect?  :pir_tong2:

On 30.12.2016 at 1:06 PM, Elostirion said:

My price for second place in category B (a free class 5 ship) has been activated: The Colonia, class 5F.

Something pretty much similar here - the 5F merchant schooner États de Cauzac:

31934103391_33a5c796aa.jpg

On 31.12.2016 at 1:59 AM, Legostone said:

(text totally not stolen from Elostirion :D)

dito :grin:

First part of my price for third place in category A has been activated: Silver Smelting Factory in Breshaun:

32143113376_2307ebdebe.jpg

Edited by Zaael

I hadn't seen a lot of microbuilds before joining BOBS so everytime I see one I'm amazed at the piece usage that makes it look so great. I love the green helmets as the tree foliage! The binoculars are great as well. Keep up the good work!

Awesome micor, as Silentwolf said the use of these helmetts is amazing!