Capn Frank

Challenge Four – The First Treasure Fleet - RESULTS POSTED!

There is a challenge entry from Sebeus coming later (in a few hours)... He can't upload it earlier...

Edited by Maxim I

I don`t know if I`m still allowed to enter, but with the server change and rl house renovations, it seems I forgot to post my CH4 cat A link in here.

The build itself was in time, but yeah well, swiss cheese for brains etc..

CAT A Grave Tidings / Corrington / Tomsche

@Tomsche Since your build was posted before the deadline, your entry will be accepted.  Anyone else who forgot to submit their entries that were posted before the deadline, feel free to do so in the next 48 hours.  Otherwise, this competition is closed.  Thank you for the great entries. :pir-wub:

1 hour ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

And the winner is???

As you may have noticed, leadership has been rather occupied lately. ;)

However, we assure you that we are working on it! :)

Just wondering,

Only one island is to be given to the winning faction?

The other islands of the Prio sea won't be divided yet? (Which is a good thing as I believe there are too many islands already claimed without a settlement or a story around it).

1 hour ago, Maxim I said:

Just wondering,

Only one island is to be given to the winning faction?

The other islands of the Prio sea won't be divided yet? (Which is a good thing as I believe there are too many islands already claimed without a settlement or a story around it).

Yes - the other prizes haven't been hammered out yet, but I think we are going to slow down a bit with the islands just now - as you said, every faction has plenty enough to occupy them in exploring and settling for quite a while! :pir-wink:

Thank the gods of the Prio Seas for that. ;-) 

Definitely enough empty islands out there. And then those crazy Eslandolans settle on a new island instead of staying on the old ones... :-) 

And, the Challenge IV winners are!

Category A:

1st place - @AyrlegoPieces of a Puzzle (and Kolonial Beamter, with, What could possibly go wrong?!).  Both may now title themselves, the "Secret Seller(s) of New Terra," and will be granted either rights to a mayorship and settlement or two free large property licences each (which would be activated when micro-builds are made to show them) to be placed anywhere, and 100 DBs.

The 2nd place winner is - @Captain BraunsfeldWe are sending the WHAT?  The prize is two medium property licences, to be activated in the same way as the above, and 50 DBs.

3rd place has been given to - @Zaael, Stange Herbs make you say strange things (along with Dr_Spock's, Tight Lips Sink Ships), and, you guessed it! - the prize is two small property licences, same as above, and 25 DBs.

Category B:

1st @Ayrlego, Plundering the Treasure Fleet (and Bregir, A Storm is Coming).  Prize - A free Class 6 vessel (micro-build required) of any kind (not subject to the multiplier either), the title, "Plunderer of the Great Golden Fleet", and 400 DBs

2nd - @Elostirion, La Caverna Matutera (And Kolonial Beamter's Bon Voyage!) - A Class 5 vessel of any kind (micro required for activation, the same other conditions as the for first place), and 250 DBs.

3rd - @Legostone, Wrong Ship! - The prize being a Class 4 vessel of any kind, same as above, and 200 DBs.

Category A winners (faction):

1st place - Oleon, the prize being 600 DBs

2nd place - Sea Rats, 300 DBs

3rd place - Eslandola, 150 DBs

And 4th place - Corrington, 75 DBs

Category B winners (faction):

1st place - Corrington - the prize being one new island of their choice from the Prio Seas, and 300 DBs

2nd place - Sea Rats, 500 DBs

3rd place - Oleon, 250 DBs

4th place - Eslandola, 100 DBs

Overall Faction winners:

1st Place - Tie between Oleon and the Sea Rats, the latter coming out slightly on top

3rd Place - Corrington

4th Place - Eslandola

Also, all members will receive the usual, 

Participating in one Category= 15 DBs / PiPs / Score points to those not doing the economic system.

Participating in both Categories = 40 DBs/ PiPs / "

Spoiler

For the curious, in the case of a leader tying with another member or placing, the in-game prizes are doubled, and received by both the leader and the faction member.  Hence why they are placed in parenthesis by the sides :pir-wink: :pir_laugh2:

A hearty congratulation to the winners, and thanks to all those who participated! :pir-sweet:

Congrats to the winners! I'm sure I can use that class 4 license for something. Do I have to use it the next time I license a class 4? As well as that, does it expire?

I would like to know how the order of the factions comes to place - especially for 4B. I count 7 entries from ESL, 5 from OL, 2 from COR and 2 from SR. First place is COR/COR, second is ESL/OL, third is ESL, and yet ESL comes up last, with most entries as well as second and third place. This would make me guess that COR, ESL, OL, SR would make most sense.

For 4A it is the other way around - 5 entries from COR, 3 from ESL, 3 from OL and 2 from SR. First place is COR/OL, second is ESL, third is OL/SR. This would make me guess that OL/COR first/second, third ESL and SR behind. 

Or am I seeing just thinking about this in the wrong way?

23 minutes ago, Legostone said:

Congrats to the winners! I'm sure I can use that class 4 license for something. Do I have to use it the next time I license a class 4? As well as that, does it expire?

I would like to know how the order of the factions comes to place - especially for 4B. I count 7 entries from ESL, 5 from OL, 2 from COR and 2 from SR. First place is COR/COR, second is ESL/OL, third is ESL, and yet ESL comes up last, with most entries as well as second and third place. This would make me guess that COR, ESL, OL, SR would make most sense.

For 4A it is the other way around - 5 entries from COR, 3 from ESL, 3 from OL and 2 from SR. First place is COR/OL, second is ESL, third is OL/SR. This would make me guess that OL/COR first/second, third ESL and SR behind. 

Or am I seeing just thinking about this in the wrong way?

I believe you are free to use that license whenever you want to. And notice it does not factor in to your ship limit, meaning it doesn't matter when you use it. Further, a microbuild is sufficient to activate it. :)

As to the factions, (Someone correct me if I am wrong) I understand it to be so that the average score of the five highest scoring builds are multiplied by the total number of builds from that faction. Which resulted in the slightly surprising results. :)

Well done everybody! An especially enjoyable challenge, in part due to all the collaboration and tie-ins that went on between builders, great to see the community at work!!

Thanks as always to the leadership team for hosting and judging, also I think you guys got the prizes spot on for this one, great work!

For Cat A, I'll take the two free large licenses as I already have a mayorship pending from challenge 3. When I've got the mirco-builds done (great idea BTW, although I may just do two small minifig scale facades) do I just fill out a license form as normal and note that it is free? Or should I check the 'this is my free license box'?

Oh and yay! My 500th post and a Eurobricks promotion!!! :pir-laugh: