I propose a topic titled "Help I'm A Technic Noob!".

I do laugh now when you say "soon to post". :tongue::blush:

Nice title!!! :laugh:

I'm almost done staging the topic, but there's some reviews, Porsche judging and other super secret LEGO stuff going on :sadnew:

I will take a look at the roller-caster wheels,I do think someone had a idea already that will work. :thumbup:

EDIT

Some reading for Jim,and some more and more.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I like that title :laugh:

I've build Alasdair's solution and it works nicely... well I don't have the turntables, but I imagine it will work nicely...

I hope this helps,and works.

If he needs to have both turntable rotate the same then you just need to have the 14 tooth bevel gears on the same side as each other.

If the turntables rotates to fast or to slow I would just add gearing in front of the motor.

I'm no noob, but what 14 tooth bevel gears, or did you mean 12 tooth?

Yes I meant 12 tooth. :blush:

Jim I played around on LDD I think this would be a good way for a "hub",I would suggest you use a "Y" connector with axle hole to mount it to the axle.

jimhelp_zpsclotl6lx.png

Download

May I also suggest you add "Building Help" (or something similar) to the title as it makes members better understand what the topic is about. :classic:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Title changed!

Thanks for the examples. I will download them.

However, I think they are much smaller than the 125mm Rotacasters.

Once you add the wheels to the one on the left it would be about the same size?

My other attempts were about 8 studs wide with out wheels which I thought was too big,I tried to get the same number of wheels to the real one.

If you replace the 1x2 bricks with 1x4 bricks you will get a bigger circle.

Just out the blue, what's the turntable going to be used for and how much weight will it have to support? Is it to place a model on top of?

Just out the blue, what's the turntable going to be used for and how much weight will it have to support? Is it to place a model on top of?

Something tells me you have not read the previous page....he needs help with making omni Wheels.

I think he is talking about Bob's model.

I think he is talking about Bob's model.

Well, this year I try to anticipate the Technic problems I might encounter during SHIPtember... last year's was a big failure, as I struggled with my old 9v motors and pneumatic system. Here is the video:

21735546881_ceb0aafffd.jpg

I wouldn't call that a big failure!

Well, lucky for you, you have your own Technic topic now :laugh::wink:

LDD version 4.3 extended mode.

More exactly 'LDD version 4.3.9 (Brick Version 2075)'. :wink:

Just Info!

Edited by KamalMYafi

What a great idea for a Topic! "Gears & Motors for Spacemen". I first discovered Eurobricks when I was searching for solutions for including various Technic features in my sci-fi models. The innovative mechanisms that people include in their Technic cars amaze me (and inspire me too). I might have to make use of this in the future.

For now I'm awaiting Bob's multiple spinning spaceship in SHIPtember.

Good afternoon to everybody.

I've got quite a strange and possibly noob question, but I've googled around and haven't found neither answer nor clue :(

In thing I'm doing, I need to rotate axle, going through Small technic turntable, with the same angular velocity, as rotating turntable has (kind of synchronization, I couldn't hard-couple them as in other mode it should rotate alone and turntable will be locked). And I don't have any 14-teeth gears to drive rotation of small turntable (but I have some 28-teeth diffs). Does anybody have some experience/ideas in synchronizing rotation through small turntable with rotation of turntable itself?

Thanks and best regards.

Yes, several of them :)

So, I don't see a problem connecting an axle to second turntable having the same gear ratio:)

So, I don't see a problem connecting an axle to second turntable having the same gear ratio:)
Thank you so much, this was the idea I was looking for (so simple, but brilliant!)

Nice work!! Looking good.

You have been promoted out of this group :wink::laugh:

You are welcome to stay :wink:

Nice creation so far, from what I can see.

The color scheme is spot on. I love the dark red and white!!

Interesting design for SHIPtember. That's one of the things I miss not participating in two years ago. Unfortunately I won't be able to participate for the next couple years because of college, but I always find it interesting to see all of the creative designs that come out of it. :thumbup:

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky