• Above average
    • Average
    • Below average
    • Poor

Just now, t12ung said:

You've had a direct influence in me buying 3 sets this week now! :grin:

I will add a disclaimer from now on :laugh: 

Just now, nguyengiangoc said:

Now if only Jim can pull off a similar feat with the Volvo EW160E...

OT: I can say that I continued working on that one last week. Review will be published in 2016 :wink: 

7 minutes ago, JunkstyleGio said:

And for the real fan:: me in front of the real deal..

Wow, that thing is huge! Nice pictures. I didn't realize it was that big.

12 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Like the Lego designer Olav said, it's like an elephant.

Who? Gio? Seriously, that's not nice dude!

:wink: 

Finally got my set. It is a great build. I want to make a different implement, maybe a seed drill of some sort. The crane just does not do it for me, being a dairy farmer  

Let me join the choir that sings the praise of this model. I build it yesterday and it was a phenomenal joy to build. So many nifty, well thought out solutions. And when finished, such a beautiful model to look at. I might even keep this one assembled for more than a few weeks...

Today I finished this set after about a week of picking at it. I highly recommend it.

I decided to build the B model attachment as the A model just doesn't do it for me. Did many other people just skip to the B model?

2 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Let me join the choir that sings the praise of this model. I build it yesterday and it was a phenomenal joy to build. So many nifty, well thought out solutions. And when finished, such a beautiful model to look at. I might even keep this one assembled for more than a few weeks...

That sound you can hear, the one that sounds like a cat being strangled, is me singing it's praises. Glad you enjoyed building it as much as I did.

+1 best Technic set 2016

Until now I have always bought only one set from annual line up and obvious choice have always been the flagship. This has now changed, as I didn't choose neither the BWE nor Porsche.

Claas is in it's own class and as I got the set less than EUR 100, it's also a very-very good price/quality ratio.

Nice review, like all the others I've read by you.  I am currently stuck between ordering this, The Mereceds-benz Arocs 42043, or the Logging truck 9397.

Hope you don't mind some spelling fixes

Like the Unimog I expect lots of modifications and attachments for this model!

Should be

Like the Unimog, I expect lots of modifications and attachments for this model!

Note the comma, those things save lives

Spoiler

Commas-save-lives.jpg

And this

and the axle end makes sure the steering is smoothly.

Can just be this

and the axle end makes sure the steering is smooth.

(No need for the "ly" at the end).

First flagship non-tiny tractor, or at least for studless sets.

I'm a grammar Nazi myself, so improvements/corrections are always welcome :thumbup: 

9 hours ago, Jim said:

I'm a grammar Nazi myself, so improvements/corrections are always welcome :thumbup: 

Glad to have a fellow proper English fanatic. :tongue:

I agree on those who think the B model is actually better.

I personally loved the tractor itself, but the crane seems a bit lame to me. The crane base is huge and really ugly. Also, there's little point in lowering/raising the crane using the small LA. With the plow (or what is it called), lowering/raising makes much more sense. Also, when the crane is mounted front, the hood can't be opened. So yeah, I actually prefered the plow. It's also a lot of fun to build. My only gripe with the plow is that the sideways rotation is really slow and has very a very limited range.

On 06/08/2016 at 6:39 PM, Jim said:

Again, sorry it took so long! There's enough information available already, but I hope you still enjoy reading it. I haven't double checked the content, so if you see any mistakes, let me know.

Great review

2 hours ago, efferman said:

small bugfix on the saddle trac lxf

side ladder is stabilized

Great Saddle Trac model, but I have just one question - Is this post not better suited to this topic?

:look:

Now Imagine 6 cylinders fake engine and all wheel drive and pivoting rear linkage...:wink:

Edited by I_Igor

I just finished building effermans RC mod. It was a pleasure building it (and the first time I've build with LDD files as instructions. This was a new challenge, but I liked it)

I've used 1 sbrick as receiver, as I prefer how the Sevos work with sbrick compared to IR.  I've tried to make a sbrick profile that let's you select between the 3 steering modes and then allows steering with one slider... But I've failed. It is either not possible or I'm simply not seeing it, how it can be done. ;(

The drive train has quite a bit of elasticity in it (I had seen the effect in videos of the claas rc mod before), but this seem nearly impossible to improve, due to missing space to bring the XL motor closer to the differentials.

Big Thank You to efferman for providing his excellent mod!

Roland