42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 Trac VC - Rating  

212 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Outstanding
    • Above average
    • Average
    • Below average
    • Poor

Can anyone compare the tires to Power Puller ones? I have some at home in NZ, but I and my tractor are in Germany!

Sariel did a comparision:

20160715_102808.jpg

Excellent and very detailed review. I really want one of these kits now!! haha

Finally managed to build this beauty - such a fantastic model really deserves such a great review. I am totaly blown away by building techniques used here and am pretty sure I can call this one my favourite. The only downer here would be quite noticeable shades of lime, especialy amongst diferent types of beams and liftarms, as Jim already pointed out. Thx again Jim for making the waiting for getting this set much more bearable :-)

I just finished building this model. Besides echoing the comments of others on what a great set it is, I was also amazed at what an excellent parts pack it is. This is a gold mine of uncommon parts in large quantities.

For the UK people : tesco direct is selling this for £90 again - but "you have to be over 12 to buy this item" ....

Quick question peeps, what is the approximate scale we decided the model was, around 1:19?

1:20; real tractor commonly uses group 49 tires (2155mm overall diameter) 900/60r42. 42" rims have actual diameter 29+1070+29=1128mm. 29mm is flange height, wheel part that keep rubber on it. Im michelin agruculture manual there are listad all flange heights depending on rim type...shoetly if 2155mm tire is represented with 107mm LEGO version, than rim/wheel should be 56mm aproximatel. Hope this helps

Thanks for this great review, perfect pictures and videos.

I just ordered one, I think this set is awesome.

Kind regards.

Just finished building mine a few hours ago...

OUTSANDING!!!

By the way: your review made me wanna buy 10 of them eheheheheh

Thanx

Bought one yeasturday for 120EUR. Didn't started to build yet. Maybe on weekend. Can't wait to start. that's fact. This is second set (from some 15), which i didn't bought for parts. 

P.S. I found it in one local shop, which sells some damaged things from stocks or post/delivery services. I didn't saw any dmages on it. Just a box was opened, but everything else was untouched. They have also Porsche for some 250 ... but Porsche is not on my wanted list, and also budget is over ...

For any Canadians looking to buy this set, Costco.ca now has it for $169.99 CDN  (vice the Lego Store price of $229.99 CDN). These will probably sell out fast, like the 42043 did.

Official video from CLAAS about this set:

It's really strange that Michael Jeppesen appears in the Lego designer video for this set, and has his name on the set plate, but the designer appearing in this video is Olav. I don't know who's the main designer anymore...

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Thanks Jim for a great review. I had not even thought about getting this set until I read this. (I fear I'll become addicted to buying everything that you review!)

Decided that it's worthwhile to get, although I'm not a fan of tractors. Nonetheless, seems like a great set so I've been keeping a lookout for a nice deal before getting it.

For anyone in UK, I've just spotted this retailing for 75.97 GBP (free to collect at ASDA store or reasonably cheap delivery costs).

http://direct.asda.com/george/kids/lego-toys/lego-technic-claas-xerion-5000-trac-vc-42054-embargo-aug-1st/000723952,default,pd.html

14 minutes ago, t12ung said:

Thanks Jim for a great review. I had not even thought about getting this set until I read this. (I fear I'll become addicted to buying everything that you review!)

...although I'm not a fan of tractors. 

That tends to happen, sorry :laugh: 

As you've read...I wasn't a big of tractors either, but this is a totally different league.

Just now, Jim said:

That tends to happen, sorry :laugh: 

As you've read...I wasn't a big of tractors either, but this is a totally different league.

You've had a direct influence in me buying 3 sets this week now! :grin: