42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 Trac VC - Rating  

212 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Outstanding
    • Above average
    • Average
    • Below average
    • Poor

Thanks for great review Jim. I finished my build of this about week before review released but it was still very nice to read it and see your viewpoint on it.

Great set, still love design and tyres.

I have made a demo video for this model as well. Check it out if you are interested. The B-model is demonstrated as well :sweet:

Edited by HallBricks

I have made a demo video for this model as well. Check it out if you are interested. The B-model is demonstrated as well :sweet:

Nicely done, I love it! This should have been the video in my review :thumbup:

Nicely done, I love it! This should have been the video in my review :thumbup:

Haha thank you! :laugh: I'm just wondering if I did anything wrong when embedding the video, it just looks like a black rectangular box to me. There is no way to start the video nor finding the link. The command looks just right though.

Currently there's a bug regarding Youtube videos. You did okay!

Great video with superb image quality! Very professional, reminds me of brick builder's videos.

Great video with superb image quality! Very professional, reminds me of Brick Builder's videos.

Indeed! Also JANGBRiCKS's videos.

Edited by KamalMYafi

Very nice video! Thanks for doing this.

Andy D

Great video with superb image quality! Very professional, reminds me of brick builder's videos.

Indeed! Also JANGBRiCKS's videos.

Very nice video! Thanks for doing this.

Thank you! I spent quite a lot time on the filming and editing so I'm really happy you enjoyed it!

I noticed an error in the instructions. Page 107 - 109, I believe there should have been 2 lbg pins with lego bumps inserted into the dbg perpendicular with 2 holes. They would attach to the bottom of the m motor to secure it.

Also, instead of using the 5l yellow axle for the hood hinge, I used 2 black pins. Makes the hinge more stable. (page 209 step 327.)

Glenn

I noticed that, too - the front end of the motor is just resting on that piece.

Also, on page 92, in step 152(3) the upper red gear in the direction changing mechanism is shown in place on the model (but is not in the part list for that step), but it's not secured in place. The next several steps are from the underside of the chassis, so if you put it on in step 152, it's going to fall off in step 154. Funnily, it is still shown in the upside-down steps, just hovering there in defiance of gravity. It finally falls of in step 164.

And this is right before the steps for the assembly that seem to be missing the two half-pins that would secure the motor.

Edited by 62Bricks

I noticed that, too - the front end of the motor is just resting on that piece.

Also, on page 92, in step 152(3) the upper red gear in the direction changing mechanism is shown in place on the model (but is not in the part list for that step), but it's not secured in place. The next several steps are from the underside of the chassis, so if you put it on in step 152, it's going to fall off in step 154. Funnily, it is still shown in the upside-down steps, just hovering there in defiance of gravity. It finally falls of in step 164.

And this is right before the steps for the assembly that seem to be missing the two half-pins that would secure the motor.

But how is that gear eventually secured??

I already liked this model before seeing any review. This is just a must have :-)

The only drawback is that I noticed the confidential image of the unofficial arm. Now I need to have that one instead of the original one.

I already liked this model before seeing any review. This is just a must have :-)

The only drawback is that I noticed the confidential image of the unofficial arm. Now I need to have that one instead of the original one.

Yes, hope someone recreates that and posts instructions in LDD for it.

Ok a question for you folks out there. I'm only up to stage 78 on page 47 but I was pondering a question Jim had already asked in this review.

Does Lego have a surplus of 4206482, our friend the little blue axle pin?

Jim pointed out that they are used as the pivots for the rear steering, stage 41 page 25.Why isn't this the little grey frictionless pin? But I've also noticed a random use on them earlier when building the rear frame, steps 9, 31 and 36 use these pins where our favourite little black pin would suffice.

So any ideas why these are our blue friend ?

Ok a question for you folks out there. I'm only up to stage 78 on page 47 but I was pondering a question Jim had already asked in this review.

Does Lego have a surplus of 4206482, our friend the little blue axle pin?

Jim pointed out that they are used as the pivots for the rear steering, stage 41 page 25.Why isn't this the little grey frictionless pin? But I've also noticed a random use on them earlier when building the rear frame, steps 9, 31 and 36 use these pins where our favourite little black pin would suffice.

So any ideas why these are our blue friend ?

I think they are used for connecting the wheel hubs because there is less play in such a connection. If the frictionless pins would have been used the wheel hubs would be able to move a little bit more. Because of the play in the wheel hubs themselves the tires can sometimes rub against the chassis, and that problem would most likely be increased if the frictionless pins would have been used. The axle pins basically allows for a more rigid connection.

In steps 9, 31 and 36 the axle pins are used because that makes the 9L beam much easier to connect in step 78 on page 47. It would be significantly more difficult to connect it if only regular pins were used.

Hi Jim,

In your review you mentioned the different colour axles and (somewhat) question the logic behind it. When building the Claas, I noticed a few possible explanations.

The odd length axles (5, 7) are distributed by color between the tractor and the attachments. Not that it makes a lot of sense to me, but possibly to TLG it did (making the building process more idiot proof etcetera).

And the 8L and 4L come in black and red. The black ones are necessary to avoid colour vomit in the cabin and front mudguards, while the reds are used in the internals. That might explain the different colours, although of course they could have used black ones for the entire model...

Jim, just read your review. As always - i love these perfect photos, that looks like render. Thank for spending your time for making this review)

Thanks!! My pleasure :classic: