Hi!

Yes, you have stumbled upon another Porsche in this forum :D

Built for LEGO Technic Ultimate Contest "BUILD THE PORSCHE OF YOUR DREAMS"

27988154064_f02b51245e_c.jpg

I present you my dream Porsche. A blend of past, present and future: sleek and curvy lines, rear mounted flat 6 engine, 4 gear manual transmission, rear wheel drive, full independent suspension grand tourer - Porsche GT X. I did not base on particular car, just went with flow. What started as a base for something like 911 developed to something Targa like car and ended up as next gen 928?

27988151904_c37777be80_c.jpg

I am quite satisfied what I managed to achieve as this is first completed so called supercar for me. Yes there were tons of things I wanted to put in the car, but I decided to scrap them, because they worked like crap (for example: raising rear spoiler in high gears, sequential gearbox). I believe that the greatest challenge to implement high number of functions is to make all mechanisms as small as possible and at the same time incorporate them in chassis and that takes time. For me it takes 2-3 months to figure out how to fit all wanted things in small places :D

28605217805_05654cc738_c.jpg

It was great experience to build this car, I hope, that next supercar will be better looking and more functions packed :)

27988151334_aa8ea0212f_c.jpg

Some WIP pictures

28631014032_72c9f96567_c.jpg

28704205646_13516af119_c.jpg

Gallery with more pictures here

Just wanted to share my creation and get some feedback from other members, so please share your opinion. Cheers!

Edited by marceriusLV

O man, there are so much porsche entries right now on EB, that I struggle to reply on every post with an original answer...

Now this model. This model is sure unique.

Some kind of lowrider combined with Porsche! Great thinking! I like the balance between white and black. The model is without a doubt white, and the things that need to be black are black. Good job!

I really like the curved sections at the rear. But the design is very original overall.

Only small gripe is that I think the sides of the cabin are a bit too "vertical", but for the rest, I think it's great work.

Hi!

Yes, you have stumbled upon another Porsche in this forum :D

Built for LEGO Technic Ultimate Contest "BUILD THE PORSCHE OF YOUR DREAMS

wow! really impressive and very cool! just one thing: the 928 had a front-mounted v8! however, it's a great work!!

Edited by Blakbird
: Deleted huge unnecessary quote.

I really like the curved sections at the rear. But the design is very original overall.

Only small gripe is that I think the sides of the cabin are a bit too "vertical", but for the rest, I think it's great work.

Sides of cabin was a struggle, could not find a proper solution aesthetics/rigidness wise.

To others:

thanks for sharing your thoughts :)