You should let the TLG know about it. I guess there are contact details on the paperwork anyway. As they've booked the shipping at the first place so they can make a complain at the shipping company and send you a replacement right away. Don't be shy on this, you deserved to have that display unit right.
I have exactly same suggestion.

TBH, last year the set I got for being runner-up in MB contest has been crushed quite badly. Keeping in mind it was unique, singed box, made it more disappointing. But everything got sorted.

The trip is fixed, we got confirmation from Porsche, it will be at 5-6th of October. We start the yourney at 4 (one day drive in highway), and now it seems, the photo with original car is possible, or with a very similar one, one thing is sure: the official program shedule includes this: "Visit historical car archive and photoshoot with model and real car". :classic:

We will have the opportunity to take apart in Museum tour twice, the second day without guide, in free. Big thumbs up for Porsche and TLG! :excited:

I'll post the report of the trip about 2 - 4 days later, after we returned (7th of october).

(Now this 962 model is in the HOF, thanks all)

Edited by Tamas Juhasz

Hi all!

I'm back in Hungary, everything went very well during the tour.:classic: I wrote, I'll post a report now or tomorrow - now I see, that's absolutely not possible. I took really lot of pictures which ones I have to edit, adjust from RAW, etc. We had an official photographer at 5th of october, during the whole day. He can send me the photos only at about 22 - 30 of october. So, I think, the whole report/review about the trip, about everything, would have been have sense to post after I got everything (photos), which is necessary for writing it. So, I'll make a topic and post the detailed report at the end of october. I want to give you a quality material, of course, in pictures and text (as long as my english allows).

Maybe, until that, I'll post smaller things here, but the report definitely will get a new topic, that would make sense.

I was very happy that after travelling 2000 km in total, the 962 C model had no damage. The packing materials helped a lot, by the way. : ) The exact same car (number 17 962C from '88) wasnt there (it's in the US currently), but we took photos with the 956 and some more famous racing types.

Stay tuned, I'll write the report, as soon as it's possible, I'm waiting for the most important, mostly Lego related pictures, too.

But, at least one photo, which fits to this topic:

IMG_4031.JPG

(Porsche Museum, digital wall, me and a photo from the same car - #17 numbered 962C)

I just got the news that the photos will be available from now in a few weeks. I'm curious about the images, too, but I have nothing yet, except my own photos. So, a few weeks, and you can read the report, and the interview we did in Porsche Museum (they say, I'll get both in the same time).

Edited by Tamas Juhasz

Do you have any intentions to make a build guide public for this model ?

A very big thumbs up for your work, it's amazing ! Even better than the GT3 RS :) !

I'm finally done with the renders of the chassis (Lipko :classic: ):
render01.png
render03.png

render02.png
Some structural parts and pins had to be removed, to get a clean result, but in 95% this is the chassis.

... and I mentioned an interview in the Stuttgart trip report topic, here you can read it:
Interview_EN.jpg
(some details in my answers weren't exactly these, but it's always the situation when you use foreign languages :classic:)

Two more images, now simply without the body. You can enlarge them until 4k resolution. Blue brick-built cylinder represents the air tank.

render005.lxf.png
render006.png

Some parts of the chassis had to be redisegned during IRL assembly, the sequential mechanism for the gearbox and it's housing required about 3 attempts. The roof above the cockpit is also the second version, it was a bigger challange than I thought.:classic:

Thank you for the pictures, It would be a nice experience to build this thing.

I am still amazed by the beauty of this MOC! Well-deserved win, it is out of question.

I guess I am not the only one, who would like to have building instructions, and also, I do not expect, to have it for free :)))

Please let Us build this Beauty, it is a masterpiece, it should be preserved! :)

When I first saw this model, I assumed it would be a pretty-looking racecar model, but instead it has seriously impressive functionality, as well as a good bodywork! There are also a lot of interior details that add to the model.

Good work!