Hey guys, let me introduce you to my latest MOC, I really want to know what you think of it.

Now this is my first Supercar, cause I usually build trial trucks and tanks. The source of my inspiration was the amazing Porsche 918 Spyder, which I wanted to convert to a solar-electric hybrid car.

First of all, I tried to keep the proportions and details of the real model. Then, I struggled to integrate the solar panel and make it work and look good, thus becoming the first Lego Technic solar supercar to date.

I’ve built it in the 1:10 scale, fully RC, driven by 2 L motors, has a motorized 4-speed sequential gearbox, advanced suspension geometry on both axles. Doors and hood open, has an adjustable spoiler, matching trolley, wiper, mirrors, head lamps, tail lights, brake calipers, and also a detailed interior featuring a working steering wheel, central console with GPS, gauges and pedals, the works :)

Full specs:

Weight: 1950g

Size: 50 x 22 x 13 cm

Transmission: 2 L motors (AWD)

Steering: M motor (working steering wheel)

Gearbox: M motor

Solar acceleration: M motor

Control: 2 IR receivers

Power: 2 AAA battery boxes + solar panel

Front axle suspension: double wishbone

Back axle suspension: multi-link suspension

Manual functions: hood, doors, wiper, spoiler

Features: brake calipers, mirrors, head lamps, tail lights

Stickers: custom-made

But enough talk, I will let the photos and video speak for themselves.

Sorry for the poor quality video, this is my first time I actually did any editing :)

28413547690_c80cc2c635_z_d.jpg

28591972392_d216f658b1_z_d.jpg

28080760104_8f5546aa8e_z_d.jpg

28591969472_2877d172b4_z_d.jpg

28620215451_14951698ef_z_d.jpg

28082209033_a195972bbc_z_d.jpg

28620216391_1cd671baea_z_d.jpg

28080761924_99b87b59ca_z_d.jpg

28080757644_bf4a479723_z_d.jpg

28413549510_39e404b64c_z_d.jpg

If you want to see the rest of the photos (93 in total), please see my Flickr album: https://www.flickr.c...57668871336033/

Thanks for your time, have a great day :)

Edited by braker23

I was thinking solar panel actually the source of a power. Now I see there are two battery boxes. How does solar panel actually help?

Thanks for you kind words, I really appreciate it :)

I was thinking solar panel actually the source of a power. Now I see there are two battery boxes. How does solar panel actually help?

Well, the solar panel cannot provide more than 7V of power, under direct sunlight, so that's really low for a car of this size and weight.

But this was not my intention, anyway. The car has enough power from the 2 L motors, each connected to one BB and receiver.

The solar panel is there merely to provide a boost in speed, if the sun is shining or if you place it under a desk lamp (see video).

The panel powers an M motor that is connected to the transmission by the 3rd differential (see bottom view photo).

Nice to see a hybrid. Very interesting idea with teh solar panel and a nice color choice. I we both know how much you like lime, Braker :laugh:

Also very interesting position of the central diff, all the way back.

Thanks a lot my friend, I really appreciate your feedback. But that's not the central diff, it's the diff that connects the solar-powered M motor to the drive-train.

NIce to see a hybrid in this Porsche competition. Very nice job on your first super car. The colors are bold and make it stand out.

I like the stroller as a nice nod to the bag in the original Porsche set.

Edited by barman

Really good model :thumbup: ! The shapes are quite blocky and probably too many straight lines for a Porsche. The idea with the solar panel is great and unique in the contest, so it would deserve a higher ranking. If you only would have made a detailed description how you made it work / connected it to PF (??)....