Bob De Quatre

Challenge 5 - Space Olympic Games

I assumed they have to fit in with any fingers extended as that's how they are in BigSal's example. I'm not a judge, of course, but if you allow fingers folded in, what about wrists, and then arms? And so on.

I assumed they have to fit in with any fingers extended as that's how they are in BigSal's example. I'm not a judge, of course, but if you allow fingers folded in, what about wrists, and then arms? And so on.

this is what i was thinking as well, someone should let skyhawk know then that some adjustments need to be made to Black Ivan build.

this is what i was thinking as well, someone should let skyhawk know then that some adjustments need to be made to Black Ivan build.

Black Ivans reputation as a cheater continues! :grin: Someone should warn him and Dannylonglegs. Lil Longlegs looks like it would stretch out quite a bit. :laugh:

Edited by SpacerSteve

Black Ivans reputation as a cheater continues! :grin: Someone should warn him and Dannylonglegs. Lil Longlegs looks like it would stretch out quite a bit. :laugh:

And Lil' Longlegs' reputation as having an unfair advantage continues as well! :grin:

Well, if the robot could actually stand with its legs fully extended.... :look::blush: Really though. Take the agents' gun and clip piece out from below the knee, and my mech is done for. :blush: Kinda. Unless it actually shrinks down. In the pictures I show, I've extended the legs pretty much as far as they can realistically go without caving in and giving 0 support to the rest of the mech. Also, That's kind-of the point of the build. :laugh: When stretched-out as far as actually possible with the parts involved, in the right direction, including altering the torso's configuration, I can make the robot go 6 studs over (including the antenna part) but it could never stand like that, nor is it ever intended to be viewed like that. Without altering the torso's configuration, but counting full leg extension. I'm at more like 1 stud over, tops. It may actually still be legal, but as I've pointed out, I never built a box, and I'm just eye-balling it. It doesn't show well in the pictures, but my robot is actually 2-3 studs shorter, standing-up, than the limit requires. It's the torso's versatility that I consider to be its least legitimate feature, as opposed to its long legs. If I move the torso up to its highest point, then I'm over the limit. but realistically, I'd never do that, as its underside is not aesthetically attractive, and then its arms wouldn't be able to reach an opponent. Dr. Long would never break the rules... but she is certainly willing to walk the fine line.

If my personal opinion matters, I love "Black Ivan" and totally wouldn't be averse to fighting that sum-bum in the ring! :devil: Mostly because in every single action shot, your mech is featured with its fingers and wrist clenched into a fist and at its tightest position... like a punch-boxer... as opposed to a wrestler. :tongue:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Hmmm, can a judge take a look at my mech then. If the legs have to extend to their fullest I probably won't make it within 20, the arms are fine. I adjusted it to a point where it won't fall forwards or backwards (yes this was a pretty fine point) and then measured from there. But if the legs have to go all the way out I'm gonna have to probably make it just have midget legs since I doubt I have time to come up with a whole new mech.

I'm looking ahead to challenges B and D. Both mention "see image in spoiler," but there are no spoilers or images to which to refer.

If you measure with the legs in their 'standing' position, that's fine.

As for challenges B and D, I'll confess that I haven't had time to do the images, but it's the same idea as with the mech: just post an image where the judges can clearly see that it meets the size requirements.

So why hasn't there been a judgement on the out reach of Black Ivan exceeding 20x20,, I am pulling my hair out on trying to get mine to fit as well, so is there an allowance or is it based on a penalty score? :sadnew:

So why hasn't there been a judgement on the out reach of Black Ivan exceeding 20x20,, I am pulling my hair out on trying to get mine to fit as well, so is there an allowance or is it based on a penalty score? :sadnew:

Spacer Steve discretely updated his build to meet the requirements. :wink:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I already changed the hands to fit fully extended. There hasn't been a ruling specifically against me but I changed it based on Big Sal's response to you question. :wink:

Spacer Steve discretely updated his build to meet the requirements. :wink:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Black Ivan is actually my build. :laugh:

I've been really busy the last few weeks, can't believe I missed this! I'm going to have to do my best to slip into Cat B-E... and finish that build I told DLL I'd do. :look: It's almost done, I swear! :grin:

I've been really busy the last few weeks, can't believe I missed this! I'm going to have to do my best to slip into Cat B-E... and finish that build I told DLL I'd do. :look: It's almost done, I swear! :grin:

You don't have to worry about me on that one. :look::blush: I know all about irl messing with colabs. :blush: :blush: :blush:

The invasive species still has another week to it after this one. :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Sorry guys, I was away for a few days, and I could access Internet...

Please for net events, try to give your builds actual names, so we can make the fights more easily :wink:

For Cat D if I build a speeder do the trails count towards the length or is it the same as Cat C and they don't count?

Trails don't count towards the size limit, but they also won't be judged (i.e. they'd count as part of the background).

The scores are in for Cat A and the first round matches have been allocated! You can see all the scores and the tournament structure here (link also added to the first post). The first round results will hopefully be announced in a few days. Good luck to all competitors!

Edited by Big Sal

You can see all the scores and the tournament structure here

Will there be a Copper medal playoff for the semi-final losers?

Will there be a Copper medal playoff for the semi-final losers?

Yes :classic:

Do we need to do anything if we have an entry in the Mech round 1?

No :classic:

How is it decided who wins in your matchup?

We are fine tuning the details but it's a program (written by Bob) that calculate the winner based on the build score and luck.

Do you have some money ?

It is said that your mecha advance better if the modos earn some money :tongue:

That's a down right lie! This is a fine competitive establishment representing good sportsmanship. No staff member would sink to the level of taking bribes!!

(sending your credits to epsiloneta will in no way increase your chance of winning. 100 credits for punching first, 250 for a higher rang. Only valid for your next match :devil: )

Edited by EpsilonEta