Nils_O

[MOC] Speed Champions Legoformers: Bumblebee vs Barricade (6-Wide)

My little son is a big fan of the Lego Speed Champions models. When I saw the Corvette I thought it was a good base to build a "Bumblebee" Camaro. So I started with instructions for the new Speed Champions Camaro, a Transformer from the second movie and built a Speed Champions version of the Camaro used in the film.

The idea to build a Legoformer based on the movie Bumblebee was in my mind for years, too. So after building the Speed Champions model I continued with a shell of the Camaro and tried to find a transforming mechanism that was small enough to be squeezed into the 6-wide model. The main idea was to get as close as possible to the Speed Champions model (including the wheel houses and wheels) without visible hinges or gaps. The robot looks more like a "Hulk Buster", but I'm still quite satisfied with the look.

The wish to have a Barricade as a rival was right there when "Bee" was finished, so I went on. Black mudguards aren't so easy to get, as there is no model with four of the new ones, yet. After all I bought four Audi models to have all the parts for two Barricades (a Speed Champion for my son and a Legoformer for me). Once more I started with the Speed Champion for my son and modified it to include the transforming function. I really wanted to include the "long arms" of the movie Transformers, so I had to modify the transforming mechanism quite a bit to get the desired result.

OK, enough words, time for some pictures.

Bumblebee Speed Champion and Legoformer

img_0523.jpg

Bumblebee Transformation

img_0502_ff_transformation-800x600.jpg

Barricade Speed Champion and Legoformer

image-17-800x600.jpg

Barricade Transformation

1468446568m_ff_transformation_800x800.jpg

Family picture

image-16-800x600.jpg

Wanna see more?

You can find Bumblebee and Barricade on MOCpages

and some pictures with a higher resolution on Flickr.

I hope you like them :-))

Edited by Nils_O

That is really nice, is amazing how you make them be able to transform in such small scale, and they look really good, i like them, are you going to make other transformers?

That is really nice, is amazing how you make them be able to transform in such small scale, and they look really good, i like them, are you going to make other transformers?

Thanks!

I'm not sure, if I make more of them.

Optimus would be cool, but I still have no idea for the transformation.