MKJoshA

Sea Rat Fort Building Contest

28511459941_43d2381ed2_t.jpg Shiver me timbers! Pirates building forts? Whoever heard of such a crazy idea? I thought all pirates wanted to feel the sea under their legs and gold running through their fingers! What's that you say? There's gold to be had in fort building? Well why didn't you say so in the first place!

Rules:
1) Build a fort that fits the small property category (16x16 is the general range, though larger is certainly allowed!).
2) Post your entry in the BoBS forum just like you would any other build and then link your entry in this thread.
3) Voting will take place amongst the Sea Rat leaders. The top five forts will have their license paid for by the Sea Rat Faction. First place will also be awarded 25DBs, second place will receive 20DBs, third will receive 15DBs, and forth and fifth will earn 5DBs. All prizes will be paid out by the Sea Rat Faction.
4) The builders of the winning forts must allow the Sea Rat Faction to chose the placement of these forts, but the builder will get to register their builds as freebuilds and the license will be under the builders name allowing them to earn monthly income from it.
5) The contest runs from Aug 1st to Aug 31st Sept 30th. As long as it is still Aug 31st Sept 30th somewhere in the world you can enter.
6) This contest is only open to Sea Rat members.

UPDATE! The contest has been extended to allow more people time to participate. As a reward to those who got their entry in by the deadline, we will be awarding 10DBs each to the two players. These will be in addition to and DBs they may win for having their forts voted for.

I had to scrap my original plan for lack of appropriate bricks, but I hope to have something decent done in time.

Never mind.  It hasn't come together as I had hoped and I am going to drop the project.

Edited by Kwatchi
Update

Well, with only 2 entries, the results are in! kaiju won 1st place and dr_spock won second. We'll get back to you soon with the placements of your forts and the Sea Rat faction will be submitting the forms necessary to license them. Your name will still be attached to your forts, but the Sea Rats will be paying for the initial cost.

And now for the post I should have made on Friday...

Awesome :pir-grin: If only I'd had more competition...

Anyway, I'd like to thank the Sea Rat leadership for running this, and dr_spock for their quite amusing entry.

Congrats to the winners and to the Sea Rats for their fine new forts! :)