Lego Customs 0401

[MOC] [WIP] Big Venator project

Love to see the progress of your huge build!

And it is so lovely to see you add some whimsical scene, like the bowling alley, to your ship. Adds a bit of humour to the entire build.

Finally, the greebling of your ship is fantastic!

Can't wait to see you complete the ship, hope it is not another 3 years more to go :)

I hope to finish it next year ;)

Another awesome Venator, looks very nice! Great to see some interior as well even though i would prefer something more realistic than bowling alley. But it's your model so i can understand that. :) Anyway great job.

I love the bowling alley! I think its really in keeping with Lego's sense of humor.

The first moc I did (Maz Kanata's castle) I wanted it to be super authentic and then I thought it needs to be fun too so thats why I gave Sudswater Dillifay a red and white fender to play! Totally unrealistic in terms of the film but really fun none the less!

28079811143_4dd7bc61a0_n.jpg

Battle on Takodana MOC

I guess it just depends on your personal preference though and ultimately that's the beauty of Lego!

Edited by dimnico

I love the bowling alley! I think its really in keeping with Lego's sense of humor.

The first moc I did (Maz Kanata's castle) I wanted it to be super authentic and then I thought it needs to be fun too so thats why I gave Sudswater Dillifay a red and white fender to play! Totally unrealistic in terms of the film but really fun none the less!

28079811143_4dd7bc61a0_n.jpg

Battle on Takodana MOC

I guess it just depends on your personal preference though and ultimately that's the beauty of Lego!

It now also has a small hangar with gunships ;) Pictures can be found on my fb page: https://www.facebook.com/legocustoms0401/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel or here on my instagram:https://www.instagram.com/p/BKKgiS_jd7i/?taken-by=pietermeersschaut

Great progress. Although there is still one think that seriously spoils the look for me. I already commented on MOCpages regarding that - the face texture on the hull plates. The combination of modified bricks and plates-on -side just seem to random and nothing like the real thing. Especially the modified bricks woith handles look out of place. I believe there are better ways to mimic the various details on the armor plating, which is indeed great thing to do :) For instance, there is this thick distinct edge stripe going all along the sides on the venator. Nobody have successfully represented this in lego so far - may you be the first ? :D

Great progress. Although there is still one think that seriously spoils the look for me. I already commented on MOCpages regarding that - the face texture on the hull plates. The combination of modified bricks and plates-on -side just seem to random and nothing like the real thing. Especially the modified bricks woith handles look out of place. I believe there are better ways to mimic the various details on the armor plating, which is indeed great thing to do :) For instance, there is this thick distinct edge stripe going all along the sides on the venator. Nobody have successfully represented this in lego so far - may you be the first ? :D

Yeah, I know, but I'm not going to change that! Replacing all those bricks means rebuilding all the hulls again, which will set me back months! I like the way they and they going to stay that way ;)

You made a friend on facebook. :laugh: Awesome shots !

Thx man! I appreciate it! :) Edited by Lego Customs 0401

Don't let the haters touch the bowling lanes! Although I don't need to wonder why a clone hasn't ever beaten a Jedi on board.....Or why a Jedi has never bowled a game under 300. :wink:

Although I would recommend using cones and not cylinders. That might get the neck of the pin better.

Amazing build, do you work for a professional company or is this a hobby build?

Yeah great idea those cones, going to try that for sure! This is a hobby build, but I'm trying to get a bit more professional. I'm also thinking of starting a Youtube channel. ;)