TheLunabrick

Favorite Space Line?

7 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Interesting to hear about the love for Blacktron I. I always thought most people liked II more than I.

First time I'm hearing that

My top 3: M:Tron, Space Police I, Classic, in that order.

I like Blacktrons, but it's hard to combine both versions.

The aliens of alien conquest were cool too.

4 hours ago, danth said:

I thought the consensus was that Blacktron 1 is the best Blacktron. :)

Same

Being a child of the 90s, my favorites were Ice Planet and Exploriens, for their civilian exploration theme. Insectoids struck me as the most interesting aliens.

On 8/5/2016 at 11:32 PM, Umbra-Manis said:

For me it has to Mars Mission, with Space Police III a close second.

Mars Mission was the theme that got me into Lego full force, so of course I have to go with it!

I agree 100% - people seem to have forgotten Mars Mission,which in my opinion is great and I have some nostalgia attached to it :D

#1 by far is UFO, I absolutely loved the story to it and the models where nice and spacious unlike space themes today where they can literally seat 1 or 2 figures, the printed pieces are epic and I am even working on a mothership MOC for it at the moment!

#2 Alien Conquest, The two sides are both very good for army building and it shows that vehicles don't have to be big to be good!

#3 Mars mission, I spend long hours at a time playing Crystalien Conflict the famous video game for the theme!

Space police 3 gets an honourable mention for the variety of Aliens

Spyrius is one of my favorites because I grew up with that and I enjoyed building Robots. But looking at M-Tron and thinking how awesome those sets are. I would haft to say M-Tron and Spyrius are my favorites. Exploriens would be next.

Mars Mission and Neo Classic Space for me. I have built a big display for the tenth anniversary of MM next year.( Marsbase)

Classic Space for me.. I kind of dropped out of Space shortly after, moved on to Technic and always wanted Castle or Pirates and never got them..  Looking back, I think I missed quite a lot through the whole *tron and Ice Planet eras, but things like Galaxy Squad, Alien Conquest do nothing for me.  Mars Mission has a charm of its own though..

Alien Conquest is my pick.  They were the first non technic sets I bought in probably 10 years.

Biased by my childhood experience with Lego from around 1977 to 1987 it's Classic Space for me, followed by the original Blacktron. 

I had every single Blacktron 2, Space Police 2, and Ice Planet 2002 set, (and still do).  But I also had the Mission commander (6986) from Space Police 1.  This was the set of all sets from my childhood until now.  Has always been and will always be my favorite set.  so even though it was the only set from the theme I ever had, I say Space police 1.  consequently it came with a Blacktron 1 figure which was the only one of those I had too.  I love the Blacktron 2 sets for nostalgia, but always wished had more original Blacktron figures.

1) Space Police 1

2) Ice planet 2002

3) Blacktron 2 (with Blacktron 1 figures)

4) Space police 2 (would be further up the list if it came with a base like EVERY other theme at the time)

5) Galaxy squad

6) Space police 3

Does Nexo Knights count as a space theme? (Just kidding. :tongue:)

As far as a theme goes, probably Space Police III, for its retro goofiness and its clever space biker gang element. The theme yielded plenty of great Trans-blue canopies and two nice Trans-yellow windshield pieces.

But Classic Space is my number one theme for an MOC template, with MOCs that not only utilize the color scheme but also are "neo" takes on the original sets as something I look for in others creations.

Here is an amazing example by Flickr user Jon Blackford.

LL-222

Space Police 3 and Galaxy Squad (if that hasn't been pretty obvious by now :grin:)

I loved the ships and aliens. Galaxy squad was one of the themes that I really collected a lot of!

I'm going to go with Classic Space, since I own Benny's Spaceship from The LEGO Movie. I just love the color and aesthetics of Classic Space overall.

All of them are pretty epic, but I've always held Insectoids and Space Police III above the rest. The aliens of Life on Mars where fantastic too, a shame they go for so much secondhand!

I'm a 2000s kid, the only Space Themes that had any relevance to me were Mars Mission, Space Police III, Alien Conquest, and Galaxy Squad, and I liked all of them! Mars Mission had those semi-realistic Human dropships and rovers and the alien ships that were wonderfully... alien, they just looked very organic and extraterrestrial. Space Police III was a theme that brought me and my brother closer together as far as LEGO interests go, it was just fun! The futuristic aesthetic of the cop ships contrasted beautifully with the ramshackle and dirty appearance of the criminal vehicles (barring the Lunar Limo, such a cool set). Alien Conquest was hokey, and cheesy, and awesome. The stereotypical 1950's Flying Saucer and Alien designs had a lot of character to them, alongside the militaristic ADU sets, I only wish I got a few more of the sets. I loved Galaxy Squad, and I can't quite figure out why. I loved the Galaxy Squad's various vehicle designs, from the sleek fighters like the Swarm Interceptor, or the harsher and more rugged look of the Mech in the Vermin Vaporizer, and I enjoyed the mechanic whereby the Squad's vehicles could split into other craft. The Buggoid vehicles I liked less for their functionality and more for their organic look and color scheme, despite most of the bug sets being worse off than the good guys (baring of course the Hive Crawler, one of my absolute favorite sets EVER.). Part of the reason I liked it may have been that I read Ender's Game around the time the line came out, so there's that. I wish some of those themes were still around, or that we at least had a decent Space theme now, oh well.