TheLunabrick

Favorite Space Line?

So what is your guy's favorite line of Lego Space?

For me it has to be either UFO or the newer Space Police sets! I love the weirdness and complexity of prints that the UFO line had as well as the complex looking figs, all the sets looked really neat. The new Space Police line I really liked due to the vehicles actually looking cool as well as all the aliens having so much personality to them!

So whats your favorite line and why?

Space Police 3 for me, Set 5981 (Raid VPR) is, in my personal opinion, the greatest set ever.

Although I'm a 90's kid; grew up with Blacktron 2, Ice Planet, M:Tron etc. I like Classic Space myself, especially Neo Classic Space.

It has a certain Star Trek feel to me, with all the ranks, greeblings exposed, unofficial build rules/color schemes. :laugh:

I'd like to build in some more 'Neo' styled themes, currently working on a mash-up build;

could be called 'Paleo' styled to a certain degree. :blush:

Edited by -zenn

Space Police XVIII tied with Space Police III. And SP3 prototypes were even more impressive..I think anyway.. 5973 prototype

Also crusty old Classic Space, before the blue stuff.

Edited by Space Police XVIII

Tied for favorite:

• Classic Space
  • Futuron
  • Blacktron (original)

Close seconds:

• M:Tron
  • Ice Planet

Other lines are great, but my much-beloved favorite is Classic Space all the way!

(I assume we're excluding Star Wars and other licensed lines, as well as sets and themes based on real-life, non-sci-fi space exploration.)

Fan themes:

• Neo Nexus Force
  • Space Police IV

Official Themes:

• Classic Space (Original and Neo)
  • Space Police III
  • Galaxy Squad (orange team)*

*The Galaxy squad one is only because I use them as Neo Nexus Force soldiers... their ships are nice, but don't fit my design aesthetic.

Edited by Murdoch17

Blacktron II has a lot of nostalgia for me. I remember playing with the Allied Avenger later in the day and thinking how cool the trans-neon green looked. Iceplanet was an interesting one. The white against the trans-neon orange was striking.

Since I grew up with the Futuron-series replacing classic space, Futuron remains my favourite. The cool visor-helmets and elegant ship designs - great times :classic:

Blacktron 2 was pretty good too and would have been perfect with the Blacktron 1 minifigs, if you ask me :wink: Those were the first really frightening minifigs! 2nd place for them.

Ice Planet by far. However, I really liked Galaxy Squad...the designs were pretty good, and they came with a great selection of parts.

It might help that I never had (still don't have) the money to get the amazing Ice Planet flagship so there is a permanent Deep Freeze Defender-shaped hole in my childhood that yearns to be filled, and that I didn't discover GS until I was able to find most of the sets at 60% clearance (which was definitely endearing!) :grin:

My answer is going to look a lot like Rodiziorobs'; Ice Planet, Galaxy Squad and I'll add Space Police II.

I had a couple of Ice Planet sets back then, and got them all back since, including the near mythical Deep Freeze Defender (not sooo beautiful but so damn playable). The minifigs and especially their glorious visors are still my favourites in space.

Galaxy Squads have amazing ships/ vehicles but meh figs. Their foes are the exact opposite. Most of these sets are supercool though - makes me regret even more that we don't get space themes anymore.

Space police 2 have really cool figs and color scheme (except too much grey). The rebel hunter is a sweet little ship.

I want to give a thumbs up to the Stardefender 200 too - love that ship

Blacktron (both of them), Ice Planet, Space Police (1, but the rest are good too) and...maybe Galaxy Squad. Would love to see a Blacktron/Space Police revival. Nexo Knights is practically filling the Ice Planet parts requests.

It has to be Classic Space for me. My first minifigure was a red spaceman, with stickers not a printed body, that came with LL918. That was also the biggest CS set that I ever owned, though I always wanted LL928 too. I moved on to the first Technic sets quite quickly.

M:Tron has a great attraction for me. I love the red and fluorescent colour scheme and magnet just seem like a great play feature. I've never owned any M:Tron sets (I was too old for them when they were issued) but I'm always tempted to buy some parts from Bricklink each time I see other people's M:Tron MOCs.

I did grow up with classic space from family, recenly (mostly) rebuilt 928 and 6872 but there were a lot more sets incomplete(& broken parts) at this moment but the amount of white/red/yellow (faded) spacemen tells there were quite a few sets owned including 6952 based on parts.

I used the wing plates, tails, engine, canopy parts all the time in aircrafts and the printed slopes 2x2 as computers in various settings so classic space is very versatile as far as parts usability, even back then as a kid.

I do own some smaller complete sets from Mtron (6811)/Blacktron-2 (6812)/Ice planet2002(6834)/ UFO (6829,2847) and Insectoids (2964,6817,6907).

Insectoids are my favorite owned theme. Being in my Dark Ages from 2000 onwards, Looking back, I think space went majorly downhill aside from Space Police 3 which is imo the most modern take on older space themes/imagination.

I do collect Nexo Knights since 2016, and the combination of blue with neon orange and the vehicle wheel style definately brings back ice planet vibes.

Edited by TeriXeri

way I see it, the Nexo Knights are the descendants of settlers from the Ice Planet. ;)

way I see it, the Nexo Knights are the descendants of settlers from the Ice Planet. ;)

See, if I had to choose, I would say it was the other way around...the knights eventually forgot/lost their magic, their planet died, and their descendants went skyward, wandering through space for a bit until they came to rest on planet #2002, where their trans-neon-orange tools came in handy and looked awesome.

For me it has to Mars Mission, with Space Police III a close second.

Mars Mission was the theme that got me into Lego full force, so of course I have to go with it!

Blacktron I, Classic Space, and some Futuron here. Though that's mostly because I was still a kid during Classic's release, and a younger brother had the right age for Blacktron.