Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Interlude

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7 (Finale)

Tags: Military vehicle, spaceship/flying vehicle, land vehicle (Cart)

Planet: Fractor V (In Orbit), also Onix, but you know. Alien fleet.

28639806945_1550b2da04_z.jpgThe O.C.S. Axle by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

The O.C.S Axle, In Orbit Fractor V

28690087955_558259f771_z.jpg

Dr. Long: "What do you mean they're not going to allow us to return!?"

28583699782_0614dbe6ac_z.jpg

Odus Dillberg: "A.L.I.E.N. has moved a portion of its fleet into Sector G10. They've placed a several defensive craft in orbit Onix and will refuse the Axle's reentry into Onix orbit until they have 'ascertained the validity of rumours that Octan is developing a bioweapon'! They claim to believe that we're weaponizing the black-eye in our labs in Cerebus Station!"

Dr. Long: "This is absolutely preposterous. A bioweapon as they're describing would be in direct violation of the Kuiper Pact. They should know that Octan would never condone such flagrant disregard for regulations as that. No... This is something else...A.L.I.E.N. is a Kawashita affiliate. Clearly Kawashita is attempting to assert themselves in the sector, and they are using their proxies in A.L.I.E.N. as pawns to prevent our good work from getting done. Hmm. I will not have it."

Odus: "So... What are we going to do?"

Dr. Long: "I will be returning to Onix to provide our allies there with the shipment they so desperately need."

Odus: "But.. But the blockade."

Dr. Long: "Reply to A.L.I.E.N. Inform them of the following; Octan refutes the existence of a bioweapon, and would be more than willing to internally investigate this matter, and we would be willing to cooperate with any A.L.I.E.N. run investigations into the violation of the Kuiper Pact they have described. This said, Octan does not recognize the authority of A.L.I.E.N. to prevent Octan's entry into a sector, nor to present Octan with ultimatums of this nature. The O.C.S. Axle will be returning to Onix, and it will continue to remain in orbit as we see fit. We would remind A.L.I.E.N. that the O.C.S. Axle is a registered Civil Structure, and that any use of force against the Axle is a declaration of war, and Octan's reprisal shall be swift and thorough."

Odus: "Ok."

Dr. Long: "Inform them that their blockade has failed. They will not prevent us from providing the people of Onix their emergency relief."

Later, in Orbit of Onix....

27640608442_55800f075e_z.jpg

Dr. Long: "Prepare my ship to launch with the others. We're making planet-fall within the hour."

(

)

28112174524_0ac0978976_z.jpgClouds of White by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Later, on an underused trail in the steambog, a family of Oni-Ren travel with their wares to market.

28642093481_d6b3ab7b8b_z.jpgAnd Clouds of White by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Father Oni-Ren (In the Oni-Ren's language): "Don't dawdle, my daughter, we must get to market."

Daughter Oni-Ren: "Daddy. why isn't mommy coming with us?"

Father Oni-Ren: "Your mother is sick, my sweet. We must sell these greeblefruit in the market, so that we can pay for the shaman to look at her eye."

Daughter: "And why do I have to come along?"

Father Oni-Ren: "You'll be the woman of the house soon. you must learn to sell produce at the market. The Gods know I can't do it myself."

Daughter: "Daddy... Look at the sky... Look at those weird clouds, daddy!"

Father Oni-Ren: "Those are not clouds, my daughter. Those are the sky-ships of the off-worlders. I've never seen so many before all at once..."

Daughter: "What does it mean, daddy?"

Father Oni-Ren: "I... I do not know."

28133611554_6d234f3c2e_z.jpgNimbus Eagle class dropship by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

28133636634_9664341a7a_z.jpgNimbus Eagle class dropship by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

28467049170_f3e0906c9e_z.jpgNimbus Eagle class dropship by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

28467055150_8df4db9bc7_z.jpgNimbus Eagle class dropship by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

28751295975_0866a28336_z.jpgNimbus Eagle class dropship by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

28751268035_2451b90954_z.jpgNimbus Eagle class dropship by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

28094710740_b1900ebed8_z.jpg

28222104595_c903d6ecc2_z.jpg

28368061056_01b81427ab_z.jpg

Dr. Martenz: "Danielle! Do you know where Ba'al Ba'al has gotten to? She vanished around the same time as you left for Fractor V!"

Dr. Long: "I am aware. She is back in the Gongen empire, attempting to enact peaceful regime change. How goes the vaccine production?"

Dr. Martenz: "We're operating at peak productivity. We're filling crate after crate, but Danielle, should I be concerned about that alien fleet? I heard that they wanted to investigate for bioweapons? What the Yetornius is going on?"

Dr. Long: "Do not worry about the fleet. They will not harm us."

Dr. Martenz: "And those ships you brought in from Fractor V. Those are Nimbus Eagle troop carriers... Not scientific vessels."

Dr. Long: "yes."

Dr. Martenz: "I gotta ask... are we at war?"

Dr. Long: "Octan is not at war. The people of Onix are in turmoil, Dr. Martenz. They are dying of the blackeye, and they languish under a tyrannical despot. Octan is invested in restoring order, and ensuring the wellbeing of all of our clients, current, and potential. We are providing relief and support during their time of crisis."

Dr. Martenz: "Oh... I see... And... Which side do we support?"

27784499374_b82ee7b000_z.jpg

"The side that wins."

Better pictures updated, as well as a photo-shopped picture

Note to Judges: New pictures will display the Flickr link and say "And Clouds of White" All otehr images should not be judged. Unless you want to judge my super micro "O.C.S. Axle" Which is, in-fact, new for this week.

C&C appreciated!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

The Nimbus Eagle is really amazing. It is overall very smooth but has some nice small detailing too like the thrusters and guns. Has a very nice bulky troop transport shape.

I really really like this build! This is just a beautiful ship. You should really have chosen pilot as a profession.

Wow Danny! That is one awesome ship! I particularly like the underside of it. It looks really nice with the thrusters, the yellow bits and all the other cool details. The middle section is a little too bulky or high for my taste. I think with a smoother transaction from front to middle section the ship would look even more badass! Overall I think this is your best and most badass build in AG to date. :D

And nice PS skills, that is one heck of an invasion going on there. :-)

28719116346_d0b59c56ca_z.jpgBring out the Drones by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Better pictures have been added!

28646061102_5419201d97_z.jpgNimbus Eagle class dropship by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

The Nimbus Eagle is really amazing. It is overall very smooth but has some nice small detailing too like the thrusters and guns. Has a very nice bulky troop transport shape.

Thanks! :grin: Thanks for noticing! I love making sure that my vehicles feel realistic and would work in the real (sci-fi) world. So, Thrusters on all angles to allow for space travel, and to slow descent and such. Also, guns... because it's a military dropship. Yes. And bulky too. I was inspired by, in addition to stereotypical cloud shapes, the MTT. Say what you will about the prequels and Ep. 1 in particular, but the Trade Federation's aesthetic is pretty legit.

I really really like this build! This is just a beautiful ship. You should really have chosen pilot as a profession.

Thanks! Glad you like it! :grin: But no, I couldn't be a pilot. I can't do something like this every week! :laugh::cry_sad:

Wow Danny! That is one awesome ship! I particularly like the underside of it. It looks really nice with the thrusters, the yellow bits and all the other cool details. The middle section is a little too bulky or high for my taste. I think with a smoother transaction from front to middle section the ship would look even more badass! Overall I think this is your best and most badass build in AG to date. :D

And nice PS skills, that is one heck of an invasion going on there. :-)

Thanks! :wub: I did design it to be viewed from below, to create that visual I finally achieved with the photoshop. And I threw the yellow in because Yellow (in controlled amounts) makes sci-fi vehicles look good! :wub:

I appreciate the critique! I actually originally envisioned the cockpit as coming up further. but the smooth but bulky lead-up to the body happened and the cockpit sank into the muzzle. :laugh: I do like bulky shapes like this, though, and it was intended to be that large, but the lead-up to it could have been better, I admit.

And thanks! I do think it's probably one of my best. :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Impresive ship... what is inside ? what does it drop ?

Seems to have a prisoner inside...

It drops robot soldiers, IP drones. Interest-Protector Drones. Designed to protect Octan's interests.

Great post Danny. Love the ship (especially the perfect splashes of color) and story. Probably your best, a high bar

Wow! Thanks! The dead people speak! :wub:

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Hopefully I can keep it up!

The judges awarded you 5 points.

Thanks. :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Really great troop carrier. I love the perfect little additions of color, and the round shaping tops it off. :thumbup:

That micro Axle is hilarious. :laugh: