Sign in to follow this  
The Maestro

The retaking of Eolas

Hey all, this post will act as a page to post all my builds for my saga, so remember to watch this page for new builds. If I shouldn't do this and instead post like a normal person please tell me.

A saga? you may ask. Well, this is the story of the Maestro and the land of Eolas as they fight to prevent the Drow from overrunning their lands. I plan this to be 4-6 builds long and will try post a build each week. CC needed and I hope you enjoy the story :sweet: .

Part one - Preparations

Ever since the Drow started their invasion to corrupt the lands of Avalonia, Eolas has been a target . Its strategic location would allow the Drow to control the south coast of Avalonia. This would prevent any major naval help from Kaliphin and blocking important trade routes. Slowly the drow have been brewing their forces in the center of Eolas, an isolated terrain surrounded by mountains. To establish their domain they built the tower of Dothorgul, ( haven't posted on eurobricks yet :tongue: ) A symbol of death and despair to the inhabitants of Eolas. With Drow raids becoming more frequent, the Maestro has decided to take action and prepare for the worst. The first course of action he has planned is to build walls to protect the villages that dot the island. The Maestro often inspects the walls with his head architect, Gford Aretson, to insure that his people will be safe from the evil threat.

27887141264_d3bf01d843_z.jpgPreperations by Jed cameron, on Flickr

The Maestro (right) and Gford Aretson (left) Inspecting the process on a new wall.

28220350790_7d8656c5af_z.jpgPreperations by Jed cameron, on Flickr

28503738845_dc019048aa_z.jpgPreperations by Jed cameron, on Flickr

Really enjoyed making this scene, I think my stone work has improved a lot thanks to your guys cc. Next part will be coming soon and I hope you enjoy. :laugh:

Next saga chapter: The last straw

Edited by The Maestro

Nice one. Though, one thing with the presentation, you need to be more careful at what angle you hold your camera, some of them aren't straight.

Looks good and promising!! I really like all the small details you have in the moc!!

Great work, I find myself agreeing with everything that has been said so far :classic:

Very fun construction build! The wall texture does look quite nice :thumbup: I like the stack of cut logs too :classic:

That's a nice scene !

Good wall work ! You did it well !

I am happy to see I am not alone fighting the Drow raids on Avalonia ! If you need some Rangers to help, just ask and it will be a pleasure to help you with this Drow situation...

Thanks everybody for the comments, I always enjoy seeing what you have to say about my builds :)

@BrickCurve thanks for the advice, Im thinking of getting a tripod and a better camera.

@Faladrin thanks for thr comment, and Im sure I will need those rangers- Those Drow have been on this island for too long now ;)

Edited by The Maestro

This is a lovely little work-in-progress (not that it is a WIP for you, but for the Maestro and his architect). I most enjoy the block of stone being moved into place on the top, a sort of middle-of-the-action moment.

However, is a wall really going to stop the Drow? I thought that they dug tunnels underground...

Good work, the stonework looks great, and so are the other details. :thumbup: Looks like a busy day, both for workers and soldiers who guard them. Keep those spears sharp and crossbows ready, hopefully, your workers will finish the fortifications on time.

My character (whom I have not introduced to the Guilds yet) would've been glad to help too, but things went foul in his last contract and he has a (not so) little problem with law in Kaliphlin at the moment. :tongue: But, despite his somewhat notorious career choice, he hates the drow as much as the next Avalonian, so you have but to ask when the drow comes knocking!

Edited by Sorrelon

The wall texture is great, and you've done a great job giving the scene a sense of business!

Awesome build, the stonework is great and I love the pillars combined with the very textured walls! Keep it up!

Solid scene, lots of well posed figures and overall the colours blend nicely.

I hope we may see some wooden detailing on the wall later seeing as they are doing lots of woodworking currently?