tnmears

Seaboard Air Line 1950s Passenger Diesel

This is a model of a passenger unit of the Seaboard Air Line from the 1950s. This is basically the scheme that replaced the Orange Blossom scheme from the 1930s. The white colour should actually be a really light mint, but in almost any color photo from the era, it appears white. I kept the basic Super Chief shape for the nose because I think it is good enough for 6 wide trains.

001.png

002.png

I'm probably not going to do much more with this one as it is a little late for for the era I am aiming for (30s - 40s), but it's still an interesting paint scheme.

I do have some streamlined coaches, as that is what the Seaboard uses. I am using this as more of a background locomotive for my other stuff.

That livery... :wub:

Really top notch job. I think the nose looks fine the way you have it. :thumbup:

That livery... :wub:

Really top notch job. I think the nose looks fine the way you have it. :thumbup:

Livery-wise, Seaboard is one of my top favs. They were also interesting in the fact that in this era they had three separate liveries, one for passenger, one for freight, and one for terminal locos.