I have been experimenting with RC train motors to make something fast and fun (but not exactly cheap).

It uses 4x RC train motor, a IR V2 and a LiPo.

28556034101_53bb618c54.jpg28528092582_361e5af7e1.jpg

This is so very cool! As you may have noticed I followed the WIP thread on this... Now that it is finished, you really did a great job on this build...so cool and so fast...haha... :laugh::wub::thumbup::classic:

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

Can you imagine if this used a BuWizz on Ludicrous mode? :devil:

That would be very cool, and i think that if you put a Buwizz, it will have so much power that if you accelerate too much it will make a back flip, and if you make a ramp, it will fly (i am talking about the mini version).

Edited by ImanolBB

Hah cool... I want to see something 4 wheeled now... a light supercar and outdoors! Probably SBrick will be needed because od signal losses. :)

Max

Edited by MaxSupercars

What's it's top speed? I reckon you could make it even faster if you added some gearing (maybe 20:12 up).

No ideas of its top speed as I don't have an area big enough to time it. I'm not sure what rpm the motors are doing.

I tried gearing up but they have so little torque, they work best with direct drive.

Can you imagine if this used a BuWizz on Ludicrous mode? :devil:

I'm pretty sure that 1 LiPo can't run all 4 motors at full speed at the same time. I really want to see what it can do with a BuWizz.

This is so very cool! As you may have noticed I followed the WIP thread on this... Now that it is finished, you really did a great job on this build...so cool and so fast...haha... :laugh::wub::thumbup::classic:

Thank you. I made another 3 versions this morning that weren't as good but I put together all the best bits and it all just worked. I will make an LXF tomorrow.

Here's enough fury. And i like many red gears. Great fun thing)

Yes, just enough fury. It is possible to drive this one and stay in camera shot.

...i think that if you put a Buwizz, it will have so much power that if you accelerate too much it will make a back flip, and if you make a ramp, it will fly (i am talking about the mini version).

I had to add weight to the mini one to stop it flipping over. Now I want to try mini version on a ramp!

Hah cool... I want to see something 4 wheeled now... a light supercar and outdoors! Probably SBrick will be needed because od signal losses. :)

A car is next but only if I can make it faster than the same model would be with 2x L-motor.

I like this quite a bit. The performance on carpet is very impressive, I thought the motors would stall on anything else than a smooth floor.

One cannot appreciate the speed those motors give until sees this.Have you tried offroading it?

Wow! I never thought about train motors when building something fast... Good idea and very well executed!

I could only find 2 RC MOCs with train motors when I started this project, maybe now there will be more.

The performance on carpet is very impressive, I thought the motors would stall on anything else than a smooth floor.

The carpet test was how I knew I'd built it strong enough. If you listen at 0:55 you can hear the thermal protection "squeek" as it spins on the carpet.

One cannot appreciate the speed those motors give until sees this.Have you tried offroading it?

Tarmac would destroy the treads. I went out and tried it on the grass; it was rubbish. It could just about go down hill but couldn't spin or go up hill.

It would be great on ice!

LXF for bother versions are available. Send me a PM.

Mini version works well with AAA and IR V1.

This mod has more torque but the thermal protection cuts in too often. I need a BuWizz.

28637892446_51ceb57863.jpg

FastTrack.lxf

FastTrack Mini.lxf

Edited by JamesJT