VBBN

No Bionicle in 2017 confirmed

Not sure what catalog you're talking about, but the German LEGO catalogue for July - December 2016 does feature constraction sets - both Bionicle and Star Wars.

Mixels are absent from it though.

Not sure what catalog you're talking about, but the German LEGO catalogue for July - December 2016 does feature constraction sets - both Bionicle and Star Wars.

Mixels are absent from it though.

The 1HY 2017 handler catalog.

6 hours ago, Onepu the Protector said:

Thank you, that was super-constructive. :hmpf_bad:

Yeah no kidding. I saw this topic bumped only for someone to briefly declare "I don't give a crap about this." :sceptic:

You know it's not like some of us were shocked a favorite part of our childhood was cancelled a second time... If your going to say you don't like something at least put up a good description of why you feel that way, and while we can disagree with you, we will understand where you are coming from. The shortness of the post that bumped this thread, makes it seem like juvenile trolling.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

Meh. I never realy took to bionicle and although it is not a bad theme I won't be that sad to see it go. And as for mixels, which are also being discontinued, I a not entirely bothered. 

On 28-9-2016 at 9:12 PM, Trevpack4563 said:

I don't care that they are not having bionicle for 2017!

If you don't care about something, but you still think it's useful information for others to read, please make sure tell why you don't care. Please provide some extra information. This seems like childish behavior and underaged users aren't allowed here on Eurobricks.

5 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

I didn't expect to see Jim in the Bionicle forum :laugh:

Yes I was a bit surprised to, but Jim provided the voice of reason we so desperately needed!

Besides, once upon a time Bionicle was a Technic subtheme!

Edited by xboxtravis7992

On 28/09/2016 at 8:12 PM, Trevpack4563 said:

I don't care that they are not having bionicle for 2017!

Constraction still is an offshoot of Technic though

Nada. They mostly just talked about how the design process worked. 

Edited by Logan McOwen

1 hour ago, Logan McOwen said:

Nada. They mostly just talked about how the design process worked. 

Thanks. I guess it is still to soon for any of the designers to spill the beans on why the line was cancelled; we might hear that from them in over 10 years or so once at least one of them retires from Lego. As of now, I doubt they will blabber about to much about. Heck, even Christian Faber still seems to be very cautious about what behind the scenes stuff he spills, despite the fact he is a third party worker who only worked for Lego when they hired Advanced to help them on projects... We might never get an official reason as to why Bionicle was canceled then.

Personally I think they should stop doing a full line of villians, maybe mix it up a bit more give it 2 yrs they'll be back

8 hours ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

Thanks. I guess it is still to soon for any of the designers to spill the beans on why the line was cancelled; we might hear that from them in over 10 years or so once at least one of them retires from Lego. As of now, I doubt they will blabber about to much about. Heck, even Christian Faber still seems to be very cautious about what behind the scenes stuff he spills, despite the fact he is a third party worker who only worked for Lego when they hired Advanced to help them on projects... We might never get an official reason as to why Bionicle was canceled then.

I don't think Lego is quite as closed-lipped as you claim. After all, Lego didn't keep many secrets about Bionicle's end the first time around, since they not only had to explain why they were ending the theme but also promote Hero Factory, making it essential to explain what set the new theme apart from its aborted predecessor. So I would not be surprised if we hear more about what led to Bionicle's end this time when a new Constraction theme arrives, if not sooner.

It's also worth keeping in mind that despite the Bionicle story being concluded, the theme as a whole hasn't even left store shelves everywhere yet. There's plenty of time to do a postmortem but not when the theme hasn't even finished dying yet.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

I don't think Lego is quite as closed-lipped as you claim. After all, Lego didn't keep many secrets about Bionicle's end the first time around, since they not only had to explain why they were ending the theme but also promote Hero Factory, making it essential to explain what set the new theme apart from its aborted predecessor. So I would not be surprised if we hear more about what led to Bionicle's end this time when a new Constraction theme arrives, if not sooner.

It's also worth keeping in mind that despite the Bionicle story being concluded, the theme as a whole hasn't even left store shelves everywhere yet. There's plenty of time to do a postmortem but not when the theme hasn't even finished dying yet.

We will have to wait and see. I know Lego gave us a pretty good debriefing about when the first Bionicle ended; but then again that was a theme that lasted nearly ten years... Still I like the optimistic reminder that G2 isn't quite off store shelves yet. (Although those TRU mark ups are nasty...)

Sorry for my immaturity from that post. I know that most of you guys are probably not going to see this but I was younger when I created my account. Sorry for my disrespect.

Edited by Jim
Removed age

On 9/8/2019 at 1:41 AM, Trevpack4563 said:

Sorry for my immaturity from that post. I know that most of you guys are probably not going to see this but I was younger when I created my account. Sorry for my disrespect.

Thank you for the apologies. That's very mature.

But please be aware that you are reviving (bumping) a 3 three year old topic. And when I do the math, you are still under-aged. But since you made an apology, I will look the other way for now :wink: