Capn Frank

Pirates of the Carribean 5 Sets Discussion

It's Stijl not available to purchase for me (California USA) but now it says "VIP Members: If you would like to purchase this set but don’t see the Add To Bag button below, please sign in to your account." 

I am signed in!!! I tried refreshing the page and resigning into my account but still nothing :(

2 hours ago, Boettner Builds said:

It's Stijl not available to purchase for me (California USA) but now it says "VIP Members: If you would like to purchase this set but don’t see the Add To Bag button below, please sign in to your account." 

I am signed in!!! I tried refreshing the page and resigning into my account but still nothing :(

Contact Customer Services if its still not working?

5 minutes ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

Watch out - my Silent Mary was missing bags 4 and 5!!!

These kind of errors definitely should'nt be happening nowadays - i can only imagine how infuriating that is. Get intouch with customer support as soon as possible.

28 minutes ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

Watch out - my Silent Mary was missing bags 4 and 5!!!

Woah, what?? Did you buy it from a Lego Store (I assume so)?

21 minutes ago, Melvin said:

How long will the PotC Brickheadz be available? I want to buy everything when there are duoble vip points again, but I don't want everything to be sold out.

I'd assume they'll have a regular shelf life of around one year, but I'm not 100% sure. If you're looking for double points though you'll have to wait until at least the summer. 

5 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

I have 2 SM's. One to keep and another for inventory for my BL store. If you are interested in the minifigs or sharks, I plan on getting them up asap.

Dibs on the sails!! :)

Just picked my copy up! I did in fact cave and pick up Salazar as well. The ship was on display and looked very impressive. I'll probably build a little bit tonight and do most of the work on it tomorrow. 

The ship was really fun to build! The detail is just spectacular. And if I'm being honest I didn't like Salavar's design, but now that I have the figure it's so awesome! All the figures are great. And the ship is a lot bigger than I thought it'd be. 

7 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

. And the ship is a lot bigger than I thought it'd be. 

That's good to hear! Usually when I see a set built at the store they seem much smaller than I expected.

Is the rowboat a new mold?? I just started building and I could've sworn there used to be two hollow studs right in the front of it, because I used to stick my oars in there to ensure I wouldn't lose them. 

48 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Is the rowboat a new mold?? I just started building and I could've sworn there used to be two hollow studs right in the front of it, because I used to stick my oars in there to ensure I wouldn't lose them. 

Your right! I didn't notice this before you made me look for it. That's a shame because I also use those open studs to keep the oars safe. It's weird how lego would make a new mold just to get rid of that.

My review for the set should be up today. I'll say a few things about it right now, it's a very beautiful ship and a fun build. It does have some things I don't like about it though, besides the obvious no hull. The scale issues DO bother me, the rear sail is not as high as it should be. 

The overall height of the ship (not the masts, but the "hull") is actually pretty cool. It sits quite a bit higher than most Lego Pirate ships. It's also a lot sturdier than it looks. It's a really SOLID final model, you don't expect it to be this SOLID.

That's all I'll say for now. ?

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

12 hours ago, Boettner Builds said:

Why would they even waste the money on updating that mold?!

Because some people suspect that another Pirate line is coming. I don't know, perhaps that's why. 

4 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

My review for the set should be up today. I'll say a few things about it right now, it's a very beautiful ship and a fun build. It does have some things I don't like about it though, besides the obvious no hull. The scale issues DO bother me, the rear sail is not as high as it should be. 

The overall height of the ship (not the masts, but the "hull") is actually pretty cool. It sits quite a bit higher than most Lego Pirate ships. It's also a lot sturdier than it looks. It's a really SOLID final model, you don't expect it to be this SOLID.

That's all I'll say for now. ?

Ya the scale kinda bothers me... Like the ship's wheel is huge :grin: As happy as I am that we even got this ship and the figures, I just don't really like how they mix between minifigure scale and micro... Also they could have easily included a Captain Cabin because the back part just slides in... 

STILL love this ship and hope they have more POTC sets! 

I'm working on the cabin right now, and honestly it would've been pretty easy to include an interior. It doesn't bother me that much anymore though because there's a ton of deck space and the ship is just beautifully designed! 

Edit: does anyone know why the main mast is supposed to be backwards when it's on the ball joint? I think it's because you're supposed to stack the joints when you want it to remain upright, but it's really weird that they tell you to put it on backwards. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

Maybe they thought the broken mast would look best with the sails hanging down in collapsed state and the best way to do that was to attach it like that despite the mast ending up backwards.

From a certain point of view it doesn't really matter, since I assume the mast breaks when the ship explodes inside the cave we see in the latest trailer and always hangs down in the ghost ship state.

Can anyone here please report if any of the bags are missing on theirs? I'm hoping to eventually get one of the ships to collect in-box and do not wish to end up potentially selling it in the future only for it to be missing a bag... wondering if its a common issue.

On 17/03/2017 at 7:03 PM, Melvin said:

How long will the PotC Brickheadz be available? I want to buy everything when there are duoble vip points again, but I don't want everything to be sold out.

They should be around till Christmas - and we should have double VIP points by then. So i would'nt worry too much. Besides, the other Brickheadz should disappear before the POTC versions.

10 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

The scale issues DO bother me, the rear sail is not as high as it should be.

6 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Ya the scale kinda bothers me... Like the ship's wheel is huge :grin: As happy as I am that we even got this ship and the figures, I just don't really like how they mix between minifigure scale and micro... Also they could have easily included a Captain Cabin because the back part just slides in...

Scale bothers me also, primarily because certain scenes from the trailer cannot be replicated as it appears to be missing some of the doors on the back of the ship - the real thing is longer
hi0sNra.jpg

9PF7Ebv.jpg

6 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Because some people suspect that another Pirate line is coming. I don't know, perhaps that's why.

General belief is that they'll do a 30th Anniversary Pirates line or set - which would be in 2019.

I was missing bags 9 and 13, i freaking hate how lego scatters minifigs through four bags, i panic whenever i could not find lesaro's head and corina's face.  I love it, too bad double VIP points ended day before this thing came out but honestly and quite frankly i would love a flashback silent mary!!! I find myself watching the trailer over and over at how the ship was and he only thing missing this build is the bird on the middle mast... 

this movie deserves more sets

PS those sharks are huge! The insides are big enough to fit something inside lol

Edited by eldiano