Capn Frank

Pirates of the Carribean 5 Sets Discussion

Can't wait for the sharks- I adore how they took an old mold and just kind of revamped it for this movie! Also, that ship looks challenging and amazing. This will be the first set I've purchased without watching reviews/build videos first! 

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Have you seen this image?

71042-silent-mary.lego_-768x379.jpg

Glad we get two sharks per set. The skeletal structure of The Silent Mary is visible in the background - so perhaps a review is coming soon...

As for the current design of the set, a bit disappointed they went for white, light grey and dark grey instead of black. Shall probably change this while building it as i feel the underside will look bad otherwise.

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Can't wait for the sharks- I adore how they took an old mold and just kind of revamped it for this movie! Also, that ship looks challenging and amazing. This will be the first set I've purchased without watching reviews/build videos first! 

Only thing left to wonder is whether we get a cabin/interior given the raised section at the back of the ship. If we do then i'll be incredibly pleased with the set, if not then it'll be a bit underwhelming.

Either way, will likely end up buying it when released as have most the tools needed to mod it :3

Edited by Scarilian

20 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Glad we get two sharks per set. The skeletal structure of The Silent Mary is visible in the background - so perhaps a review is coming soon...

As for the current design of the set, a bit disappointed they went for white, light grey and dark grey instead of black. Shall probably change this while building it as i feel the underside will look bad otherwise.

Only thing left to wonder is whether we get a cabin/interior given the raised section at the back of the ship. If we do then i'll be incredibly pleased with the set, if not then it'll be a bit underwhelming.

Either way, will likely end up buying it when released as have most the tools needed to mod it :3

Oh my! What a great looking shark! I won't be getting the set. but I would be needing this piece! 

Aother picture from building process Lego-71042-Pirates-of-the-Carribean.jpgeguide.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Lego-71042-Pirates-of-the-Carribean.jpg

Also ship has some kinda "shark dropping" feature as u can see in photo bellow :

Lego-71042-Pirates-of-the-Carribean-Sile

And another big pics of "real" Silent Mary"... 

More pictures, still waiting how that back part of the ship turns out :) Hoping for at least small cabin for 2-3 minifigs... All and all the deck of the ship is pretty mess...and there are some holes as well.. Finally we have glimpse of what that Galielo Book is hiding :)

Edited by Blazej_Holen

Looks very pretty! :wub: I also love the extra attention that went into the booklet. It really seems like it is a premium quality product. Love it!

The ship looks like an amazing build! There's only about a week left and I'm so excited! I really hope there's a cabin but there probably isn't. I do love that "shark drop" feature though, it's an awesome thing to include!

This is really exciting! I have to admit im curious for how the shark dropping feature is going to play out in the movie. And I really dig the fact that they made the instruction manual similar to the lego ninjago's temple of airjitzu by showing some character descriptions along with a brief history of the model itself. And the book looks great! Finally we have a page piece that could be used in other themes and looks right. Overall I am getting more and more pleased with this set everyday!

Also I am still holding out for a cabin but I feel like its not going to happen. On a side note is it just me or do I see a moving rudder? When you look at the ship it looks like there is a technic piece that connects to the steering wheel.

Edited by azog
Needed to make an addition

There should be "moving rudder"... its mentioned in official description. But I am not shure if its moveable by  steering wheel  or from elswhere.. Or maybe "moving rudder" m,eans that you can grab it and move with it :D

The more pics I see of the Silent Mary, the more interested I get, although I'm mostly only into Technic and only see a great interest in a part of the parts.

It strikes me that this model has many parts that that seem way too light/colorful compared to the image of the ship in the manual and the shots we've seen from the trailers.
I assume it's done that way to make the Silent Mary more appealing though.

You can replace those parts with more proper coloured one..It would be nicer if they choose only dark brown/dark bley and gold + sand green colour scheme, BUT..it will be boring like that + some of those bright parts are just as filler bricks and they remain hidden inside model... 

The ship has grown on me quite a bit - the inclusion of not just one, but two Ghost Sharks also helps seal the deal. I still plan on modding it heavily into a pre-explosion version.

6 minutes ago, Error404 said:

It strikes me that this model has many parts that that seem way too light/colorful compared to the image of the ship in the manual and the shots we've seen from the trailers.
I assume it's done that way to make the Silent Mary more appealing though.

The aged/destroyed version is primarily black due to smoke and fire damage which could cause details to be lost when translated to a Lego model - while the deck in the film is dark brown/reddish brown/brown which unfortunately does not have much representation in pieces so they likely chose a different colour due to available parts. Some of the Lego model has brighter colours, such as the gold on the spires, likely because they did not have a way to represent the aged effect.

43 minutes ago, azog said:

Also I am still holding out for a cabin but I feel like its not going to happen.

5 hours ago, Legostone said:

Well, we can see in this image that the area around the cabin is certainly is hollow:

As mentioned, the cabin seems fairly empty from the side view. However i do hope we get some unique pieces hidden away in there.

As a sidenote, the figurehead does appear to be alive in the trailers - as we see this looming stone-like carving reaching for Jack from one of the vessels when he is leaping between the cannons.

I don't have an issue with the brighter colors, I agree that they do make the SM more appealing.

The figurehead on the actual ship seem to be holding only a spear and not any shield like the Lego version does. I wonder if the shield is added for more detail or something.
Also, seeing as Salazar appears to be able to manipulate the materials in the ship (I assume) to raise the bow in order to crush other ships, it wouldn't be far-fetched to assume he can also make the figurehead come alive to aid him when he and his crew fight pirates.

Edited by Error404

Glad ti finally see some more images.  It does seem that the figurehead in the movie will be able to move and fight going off of one of the images here.:look:

Its VIP release only. I think they will male designers video (if they make it) 1) after VIP and before 1.4. or 2) after 1.4. 

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Isn't it a bit strange that we still don't have official box images and no designer video a week from release? 

To be honest I don't think we'll get one now. 

Has there ever being a big 'UCS' set that's not had a designer video?

A review is up- check the other topic for the link. I absolutely love the cannon designs! They look fantastic and can even move up and down. So excited for next Friday!!

So sadly no captains cabin...kinda figured but I was really holding out for one. It's disappointing how the one play feature in the set is kinda fragile. After looking at this review I think I still am going to buy this set, mainly for those sharks and the minifigures. And besides it's good to have some diversity among my Imperial Flagship. And it does look like a great display model. Also we all have to remember that lego is never going to make a ship like this again, so if you kinda want a ghost ship you need to buy this one. Thank you GoldenNinja3000 for finding this review and thank you the brothers brick for making this review! 

Well both my questions are answered, there is no interior to the cabin, but at least in the official synopsis of the Silent Mary figurehead it answered my question about her coming to life.  She does! :laugh:

1 hour ago, azog said:

So sadly no captains cabin...kinda figured but I was really holding out for one. It's disappointing how the one play feature in the set is kinda fragile. After looking at this review I think I still am going to buy this set, mainly for those sharks and the minifigures. And besides it's good to have some diversity among my Imperial Flagship. And it does look like a great display model. Also we all have to remember that lego is never going to make a ship like this again, so if you kinda want a ghost ship you need to buy this one. Thank you GoldenNinja3000 for finding this review and thank you the brothers brick for making this review! 

We are still holding out hope for a FD:laugh:  But I do agree, this kind of ship is a one off, so we probably won't see anything like this again.

That is what I was afraid of - no cabin. Its all kinda "technic" thing, but I like that overal look. From my side, I will buy it day 1 (or week 1) and for while I will keep it just in original way, but then I will heavily mod it to crerate accesible captain´s cabin, and proper entrance doors. And also I will change some colours to get more proper look (reddish brown / dark brown tiles on deck with some sand green, more dark brown on sides, black masts, double steering wheel etc.)... Also it will require to make it bigger (lenght and deep) for accesible doors and also I want to include lower deck (and maintain that ghostly look) to add real shooting cannons.

Btw. Thanks Golden Ninja for finding review..I am looking forvard for designers video :)