Capn Frank

Pirates of the Carribean 5 Sets Discussion

Is Silent Mary only available in Lego Stores, and not in other retailers? I know i saw BP and QAR in Mullers and some local stores, so i wonder if this is the case with SM.

3 hours ago, chofus said:

Is Silent Mary only available in Lego Stores, and not in other retailers? I know i saw BP and QAR in Mullers and some local stores, so i wonder if this is the case with SM.

Only Lego Stores.

I don't remember if it's been said, but will it also be available from tomorrow only in Lego Stores and at lego.com?

47 minutes ago, Error404 said:

I don't remember if it's been said, but will it also be available from tomorrow only in Lego Stores and at lego.com?

Yes

12 hours ago, Kjellevirus said:

It seems to be very succesfull? I

It's either very succesful or they produced a limited amount/takes a while to make the sets.

We'll see how it turns out. If these are very succesful we could see future POTC sets if we get a POTC 6

Just built my Silent Mary... it is gorgeous! I just adore how the hull tapers from midship towards the bow and the stern, and how it has an actual bow castle unlike any of the other lego ships... I feel it's the best 'pirate' ship that Lego has made for display purposes... there are better ones for play purposes :)

Although saying that I am still somewhat uncertain about the towers... I still have not found any historical ships that had them.

Edited by clm

I haven't seen any ship models with such towers either, but I like the artistic touch and uniqueness they add to the Silent Mary. It makes it different than regular ships.

After obsessing with the trailers from the new movie, I noticed that literally all the crew of the silent mary have admiral hats and not the tricorn, and my biggest objection from this set after building it, is being angry at lego at the notion that given the proportion of this huge ship they did not bother to add the mini figures at least to compliment the tremendous size of the ship, and tha'ts how I feel, loved building this ship and felt like it was a breeze to assemble but just how they did the helicarrier it would have been awesome if they bothered to include some of them. 

Edited by eldiano

The silent Mary is heavily based on the French ship La Couronne of 1636.  Here is a website about the ship.   http://www.historicships.com/TALLSHIPS/Corel/La Couronne SM17/La Couronne SM17.htm  You can also google image search "La Couronne ship" and see some great models of it.  

Edited by Admiral Bejaune

Thats acually pretty amazing i thought they made it up the size of that ship along with the turrets, now i am curious on what it would have looked like in real life!

Indeed I can see how those would be the basis of the towers, although they appear more for looking out of on that one or maybe using muskets in. Judging by the cannons shown on the models and plans the towers would be too small for actual cannons.

Ended up getting lucky on Ebay the other day and if all goes well i should have a second Silent Mary by the end of the month - so will have enough parts to combine them into one ship which should be getting close to complete. Will share pictures if its reasonably close to a completed ship.

I got my Silent Mary today. Currently about to start building from bag 5.

I'm normally not very interested in anything outside the Technic stuff, but I must say despite this set having a Technic-based frame, it has boosted my interest in more system-like builds.

Don't know if anyone else saw this... But I found this really interesting. 

Interesting find...Thumbnail for Pirates of the Caribbean Theme

Could we be getting more sets? 

3 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Don't know if anyone else saw this... But I found this really interesting. 

[Snip]

Could we be getting more sets? 

I'm not sure what you mean. Ghostbusters had a section too on shop at home, and there were only 3 sets plus the dimensions sets. POTC has 3 sets, so I'm not too surprised to see it have its own section.

On 5/14/2017 at 11:32 AM, shaggysanchez said:

Silent Mary is currently on sale at toys r us for $168.00 if anyone is still looking. 

https://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=121030866&irgwc=1&iradidTRU=221294&camp=aff:TRU:10451:Slickdeals LLC&irpidTRU=10451

Oh whaaaat? How'd I miss this? Too late. :cry_sad:

1 minute ago, BrickHat said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Ghostbusters had a section too on shop at home, and there were only 3 sets plus the dimensions sets. POTC has 3 sets, so I'm not too surprised to see it have its own section.

Well unless it was removed. There is no Simpsons thumbnail and they had 2 D2C's, 2 CMF's and 3 Dimensions packs. Ghostbusters had 3 full sets and 4 Dimensions packs. POTC technically only has one set right now. If you click on the thumbnail it only lists that SM and not the Brickheadz. 

On 2017-4-9 at 3:49 PM, Scarilian said:

Ended up getting lucky on Ebay the other day and if all goes well i should have a second Silent Mary by the end of the month - so will have enough parts to combine them into one ship which should be getting close to complete. Will share pictures if its reasonably close to a completed ship.

Did you manage to modify 2 sets into 1? 

I'm actually thinking about doing the same so that it is more 'Minifig scale'. Would be cool to see if you already did it. 

On 21/05/2017 at 11:39 PM, Kevii23 said:

Did you manage to modify 2 sets into 1? 

I'm actually thinking about doing the same so that it is more 'Minifig scale'. Would be cool to see if you already did it. 

Been working on it, problem is that i dont think i have enough of the curved pieces for the hull and trying to make the bow is proving difficult. Along with finding a good method of making the hull either sturdy enough to support the weight on its own or have good enough supports to be able to manage the additional weight. Shall try and get some more work on it done once more of the hull pieces arrive

Just watched the film, I think there's alot of items/components that is important that they should've included. 

I love the "book/journal" of Carina.

Spoiler

But they should've included the Poseidon's trident. 

Spoiler

There are lots of great opportunities for additional sets or MOCs in the movie:

The Dying Gull is delightfully dilapidated--I love the bone-dry look of the wood and little details like the mismatched rail posts.

The spinning guillotine seems like a natural choice for LEGO adaptation (probably as an MOC though, I could never see them doing a set.)

Barbossa, Murtogg, and Mullroy figures from this movie would be awesome.

Hate the scene, but the whale skeleton chapel would be lovely to see in LEGO form. (They did something similar with the Divers theme back in 1997)

The chase with the bank would be an amazing layout.

We still need a hammer-headed zombie shark!

The Silent Mary masthead could use a constraction figure. ;)

Having seen the Silent Mary in action, all the discussion and debate over whether or not it should have a cabin interior seems silly in retrospect--there's almost nothing inside her.

On 5/14/2017 at 10:32 AM, shaggysanchez said:

Silent Mary is currently on sale at toys r us for $168.00 if anyone is still looking. 

https://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=121030866&irgwc=1&iradidTRU=221294&camp=aff:TRU:10451:Slickdeals LLC&irpidTRU=10451

Thank you so much for posting that! I got mine in the mail last weekend and have almost finished putting her together. :pir-grin:

Edited by TalonCard

I've been a way for a while guys but it's good to be back!  

Personally I don't see any need whatsoever to create a page like that just for one Pirates of the Caribbean set.  I believe there's more to come.:grin: