Capn Frank

Pirates of the Carribean 5 Sets Discussion

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

Is that an opening for an interior where the two ghost officers are?

No, there's no interior. The Brothers Brick review stated that the rear section is simply structural and doesn't have an interior. I'm not too bothered by it though, as the design is beautiful and there's a ton of deck space and three crow's nests. 

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Is that an opening for an interior where the two ghost officers are?

As others have stated, no interior. However re-watching the build that the Brother Brick did it does look fairly easy to mod it to have a small captain's quarters;

5yDPq0M.png

The interior segment is entirely empty and a square box. All you'd need to do is dress it up a bit and you'd have a basic cabin approximately 8 by 8. It would'nt be large enough for more than one or two figures, but it'd definitely be able to fit them (though they may need to sit depending on the height)

It would be interesting to see if one of those who end up getting the Silent Mary decided to try modding it into a version of the ship as it was before it was damaged, like we see in the beginning of the trailer when Salazar and the crew were still alive.

Reviews;
- Brickfan Silent Mary
- Brickfan Captain Jack Sparrow
- Brickfan Captain Armando Salazar
- Brickvault Silent Mary

@Error404 @Legoman123
Shall be attempting to do this and will probably do a seperate topic about it when i've made a lot of progress - at the moment mostly got a basic hull set-up, a lot of cannons and an even larger amount of brown, dark brown, black and reddish brown pieces :3 First will probably just mod the cabin and maybe fix some of the damage on the basic version, then it'll be increasing the size and completing the hull.

Really surprised that there's nothing from the Brick Show yet. I'm having a really hard time deciding whether or not to get the ship tomorrow or to wait until April and get that awesome VW bug promotion. I don't really want to wait an extra two weeks but I don't like buying sets without getting something free...

It's march the 17th., 30 minutes after midnight. Nothing happened on the LEGO webside, nothing to see about VIP presell. No E-Mail with informations about Silent Mary and no designer video yet. Oh man

Edited by Florian_Wayne

Site now advertising Silent Mary and the POTC Brickheadz, still not available.

Edit; Reviews now being accepted for the sets, still not available.

Edit 2; Casually refreshing until Silent Mary or Iron Fist :P

Edited by Scarilian

It's still the 16th in America, sadly. Hopefully I can pick the set up tomorrow, if not I'll just wait till April. But tomorrow is a big day! Silent Mary release, Iron Fist, Beauty and the Beast...

6 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It's still the 16th in America, sadly. Hopefully I can pick the set up tomorrow, if not I'll just wait till April. But tomorrow is a big day! Silent Mary release, Iron Fist, Beauty and the Beast...

It should be out on the 17th, as they are advertising the VIP release. I just hope it updates prematurely while the VIP double points are active. Though yeah, is a big day :3

Either way, will be ordering the ship and shall probably get straight into modding it :)

Edited by Scarilian

25 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Oh my goodness I never even realized that. That makes me super excited for tomorrow! My plan is to get the Silent Mary and then stream Iron Fist while I build it and then while I'm cleaning and making a spot for it in my display room :grin:

10 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Oh my goodness I never even realized that. That makes me super excited for tomorrow! My plan is to get the Silent Mary and then stream Iron Fist while I build it and then while I'm cleaning and making a spot for it in my display room :grin:

Perfect idea! I would do that but I still need to watch Daredevil Season 2 and Luke Cage. Plus I prefer watching shows I've already seen while I build so I can focus more on that and not miss anything. I called my Lego Store asking if I could reserve a copy, but they said that reservations can't be done on release day. They also said that the ship most likely won't sell out though. 

2 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I called my Lego Store asking if I could reserve a copy, but they said that reservations can't be done on release day. They also said that the ship most likely won't sell out though. 

Thats unfortunate - shame we cant pre-order as VIP's. Would save a lot of hassle rather than waiting for the page to update. I'm ordering mine from the online store so chances are it wont arrive till Monday at the earliest, so Iron Fist marathon for the weekend. Normally build with music or let's plays in the background.

Is anyone thinking of getting the POTC Brickheadz also. I'm not really sure about getting them but it'd be kind of nice having them displayed along with the Silent Mary? Also, what Silent Mary mods do you all have planned? :)

Just now, Scarilian said:

Thats unfortunate - shame we cant pre-order as VIP's. Would save a lot of hassle rather than waiting for the page to update. I'm ordering mine from the online store so chances are it wont arrive till Monday at the earliest, so Iron Fist marathon for the weekend. Normally build with music or let's plays in the background.

Is anyone thinking of getting the POTC Brickheadz also. I'm not really sure about getting them but it'd be kind of nice having them displayed along with the Silent Mary? Also, what Silent Mary mods do you all have planned? :)

I have no mods planned yet. Except maybe adding a few bricks under the mast to make it more stable in the upright position but still easily knocked over. I'm not getting the BrickHeadz because I really only like three or four of them and I've already got two from that list. Maybe I'll pick Salazar up one day...or maybe I'll cave and get him tomorrow :grin:

if anyone goes to the lego store tomorrow and builds it I would love to hear your opinion! Im trying to get multiple opinions on the set before I rush into it :pir-wink:

Its online now, states "Pre-order this item today; it will be in by null" ¬.¬

As a sidenote, for a brief second it showed double VIP points but then it changed

6 o'clock in the morning here in germany, just ordered the Silent Mary :) To bad, only 199 VIP points

EDIT: @Scarilian: Haha funny :D "Null" means zero in english, they show you the german "time"

Edited by Florian_Wayne

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Wohooo!!! I am ordering Silent Mary today and I am getting 475 VIP points!!!! In Poland Double VIP points haven't ended yet!

Ensure you double check during the paying process. I saw mine as having double VIP points, however when it went to checkout it changed to a lower amount. It may be the same case for you.

11 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Ensure you double check during the paying process. I saw mine as having double VIP points, however when it went to checkout it changed to a lower amount. It may be the same case for you.

Oh, yeah, you're right.

34 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Wohooo!!! I am ordering Silent Mary today and I am getting 475 VIP points!!!! In Poland Double VIP points haven't ended yet!

Ordering it now, will probably arrive early next week as free shipping is slightly slower. Will give general thoughts and things.

Edit; Well, seems the UK site is derped and it wont let me checkout
" Sorry! An unexpected error has occurred. Please call customer service. (code: generic)" :L

Edit 2; After a while managed to check out via a different method. Silent Mary is now ordered :3

1 hour ago, Florian_Wayne said:

@Scarilian: Haha funny :D "Null" means zero in english, they show you the german "time"

Thanks for the explanation

16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh, yeah, you're right.

Yeah, unfortunately it seems that the website has'nt fully updated but the confirmation segment has. So it shows as the double VIP points right up until the part where you are about to pay where it takes them away.

If you've ordered already i suppose you could try telling Lego that it showed up as the double amount, yet even though thats true they probably wont give you the points as it'd be a system glitch and the inclusion of the Silent Mary (released on the 17th after VIP points ended) would tip the balance in favour of them not giving you the points.

If you do want to wait until VIP - i'm guessing the next would probably be somewhere near the end of the year, normally October-December is the most likely and the legendary 'triple VIP points' might be somewhere around there also.

Edited by Scarilian