Capn Frank

Pirates of the Carribean 5 Sets Discussion

Looks really awesome with the background. It has now convinced me to pick it up day one it comes out. Before to me it didn't look very ship like, but with the box art :wub:

I am actually quite surprised that they have counted the Silent Mary figurehead as a minifigure.  Whilst technically it is, I don't believe it's alive in the movie.  Although you never know.:laugh:

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, this was all posted yesterday. Thanks though! 

I did skim through but did not see the images posted. Looking back turns out they were linked a few times, my bad for re-posting.

1 hour ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Not "possibly" but definitely :)

Going to end up with a shark army xD

1 hour ago, Ashnflash said:

Looks really awesome with the background. It has now convinced me to pick it up day one it comes out. Before to me it didn't look very ship like, but with the box art :wub:

I'm still expecting that we may get some polybag to convince us to get the set. We're still missing Barbossa from the main character list. Will seems unlikely due to his potentially limited story role.

Either way, will probably pick it up - the sharks have convinced me that its worth getting.

Edited by Scarilian

If we ever going to get polybag with some exclusiv/special fig I would bet on 1) original version of cpt. Armando Salazar in white and grey uniform 2) some version of Jack Sparrow.

For proper Will you will need special mould for hair/bandana and for Barbossa you need also mould for that wig.

I'm really excited for the sharks! I'm even happier that they included two of them. This might be my first pirate ship so I'm pretty hyped for this set. Can't wait for the review too!:drool:

I keep going to S@H to look at the ship :wub: The more and more I look at it, it seems very TECHNIC-y. So I this might be the closest thing to a technic purchase I'll ever make!

2 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

I keep going to S@H to look at the ship :wub: The more and more I look at it, it seems very TECHNIC-y. So I this might be the closest thing to a technic purchase I'll ever make!

Yeah, it looks like it'll be really fun to build, especially because you're actually building up the hull and interior instead of using the pre-molded ship hulls. Is this the first big ship to not use them? 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, it looks like it'll be really fun to build, especially because you're actually building up the hull and interior instead of using the pre-molded ship hulls. Is this the first big ship to not use them? 

I believe so yes.

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

I believe so yes.

That's pretty awesome. I think the designer did an amazing job with the ship. I think it'll be a pretty great building experience. The most similar set I have to it would be the Helicarrier I think, as that also had a kind of "ship" body and a technic frame. Also, I'd expect a Brick Show unboxing or review around the 15th. 

So it looks like the set will be coming with two sharks. 

71042-the-silent-mary-lego-box-1.jpg

I'm not sure where that picture is from though... Because that box doesn't include any other information on the side, but this hasn't been the first time either. 

Edited by Ashnflash

I wonder if we can get extra sharks separately through LEGO's Bricks and Pieces. 

7 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I think the first big ship to use the internal Technic spine construction was the Star Wars UCS Imperial Destroyer back in the early 2000s.  This would be the first ship to use the technique in the licensed pirate theme.  :classic:

42 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

I'm not sure where that picture is from though... Because that box doesn't include any other information on the side, but this hasn't been the first time either. 

Um, what's going on with the different boxes? The original box image had one shark attacking the rowboat and one swimming behind the ship, but this box has both attacking the rowboat. That's really weird...

2 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

71042-the-silent-mary-lego-box-1.jpg

Where did you find that picture at 

Tracing the source of the picture, it lead me to this article on Hothbricks.

Assuming the box without the piece count is the European version, I'm surprised the sharks are pictured side by side, unlike the American version where one of the sharks is positioned behind the ship.

7 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

That's pretty awesome. I think the designer did an amazing job with the ship. I think it'll be a pretty great building experience. The most similar set I have to it would be the Helicarrier I think, as that also had a kind of "ship" body and a technic frame. Also, I'd expect a Brick Show unboxing or review around the 15th. 

It definitely will be, I just need to decide if the set is for me or not.:look:

Yep it's from Hothbricks. But this isn't the first time we've seen a picture of a box without all the piece information. Like when the LBM Arctic Roller image was leaked early. 

6 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Where did you find it?

I am going to make a wild guess and say Hothbricks :tongue:

I didn't realize the sharks were gunmetal grey...that's a bit odd, but maybe it's to make them look slick and wet from the water?