Capn Frank

Pirates of the Carribean 5 Sets Discussion

Just now, 8BrickMario said:

Two? Now that's a good deal! 

Unfortunately, it means I have to get the set now...

Why? :)

Edited by Blazej_Holen

3 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Why? :)

Oh, I'm not a big fan of the model myself. I have no use for a scale-wonked ghost ship with a necessary display stand. I don't hate it...just don't need it, either.

Phew, what a relief :grin: And the fact we're getting two is just awesome :wub: I'm still wondering though why they didn't mention them anywhere, they seem to be quite a selling point to me given the sharks' prominent appearance in trailers 2 & 3 and on the new poster :wacko:

Finally an answer to the shark question. Since I have no interest in the creature, should I actually get the set, there will be more to trade.

Really strange how the events of this set unfolded. Especially since we got the pic of the calendar the other day sans sharks, and everyone had accepted a world without zombie sharks.  We can all rest easy now, by the great beard of Zeus himself we've all been blessed

Now we are talking! Price-wise that was the right thing to do! (although the ever-whiners like me would wish those zombie sharks were not zombies but like the 2009 one as it was more versatile/more easily usable in MOCs :tongue: )

Also the box illustration is really well made!

I'm still sitting on the fence for this set though.  A big thing for me was how the interior was going to look, unfortunately now the only thing I can say is 'what interior'.  :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Legoman123

2 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

...(although the ever-whiners like me would wish those zombie sharks were not zombies but like the 2009 one as it was more versatile/more easily usable in MOCs :tongue: )

Amen. If they weren't zombie sharks I might get the set just for the parts. But the sharks are useless for non-fantasy as far as I can tell, and I'm not spending for something I can't use. Yeah, it's been suggested they could be used in a MOC as washed up on a beach and rotting but... that isn't exactly popular material. Still not interested.

But the box art is cool.

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

I'm still sitting on the fence for this set though.  A big thing for me was how the interior was going to look, unfortunately now the only thing I can say is 'what interior'.  :hmpf_bad:

Just because there are no pics of an interior on the box, it doesn't have to mean there is none. Same as it didn't mean there are no sharks, just because there were no pics with them until now...

11 minutes ago, metalandi said:

Just because there are no pics of an interior on the box, it doesn't have to mean there is none. Same as it didn't mean there are no sharks, just because there were no pics with them until now...

Yeah, but honestly, If it contains interior (even small) as cabin, there would be definitely some reference at the back of the box. Clearly they showed everything - "eating" feature, that astronomic diary, some fighting on deck..I guess that they (LEGO)  have nothing left to show...Inside of that back part of ship where captains cabin should be contains (according to me) some tehcnical buliding to hold that structure and maybe another feature including "moveable rudder" thing... I am optimist and hoping for best, but at this point I think that there is nothing to show except some clever building techniques..

MAybe there will be some small openning space for storage.. if something.

@dr_spock,they still need to update it on the site probably?. There isn't even a 'official' picture of the box. So I think when they add the picture, they will also update the discription. :wink: 

On the box it says 2294 pieces, which includes the sharks. Official description also says 2294 pieces. Simple proof the sharks ARE in it. Why would they be on the box, if they aren't in the set? This wouldn't make any sense at all...

3 hours ago, metalandi said:

If there was then it would defiantly be on the box, imo that is a fairly big feature... having an interior I mean.

Edited by Legoman123

15 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

If there was then it would defiantly be on the box, imo that is a fairly big feature... having an interior I mean.

My words... :/