Capn Frank

Pirates of the Carribean 5 Sets Discussion

4 hours ago, clm said:

What is the possibility the shark was pre-production and then cut?

It's definitely a possibility, we just had the misfortune of knowing about it because there's no such thing as secrets anymore.

8 hours ago, clm said:

What is the possibility the shark was pre-production and then cut?

4 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

It's definitely a possibility, we just had the misfortune of knowing about it because there's no such thing as secrets anymore.

Actually its not possible at all.

Could see them making one or two as an example, but not a ton of fully printed molded detailed sharks.

Pre-production sets do not have finalised printing - and we would'nt have gotten over 20 fully printed detailed shark's that have been distributed online by sellers.

It definitely reached production stage, and a great way into production by the looks of things. The shark is complete to the point where it was likely going to be sold or distributed immediately - so if they were cut from selling it would have definitely occured after a considerable amount were completely finished.

11 hours ago, SodorBricks said:

If it was coming out as a polybag the shark would have leaked in that, thus the conclusion I've come to, is that it's included in the set as you can sort of see them on the box. :classic:

A total of at least 20+ Ghost Sharks were distributed by a combination of various online sites - such as Ebay. These all claimed that the shark was 'Sealed' - however no images of what it was sealed in were shown.

As such its possible that there is a polybag and that people who brought these, if they were not being ripped off, may give us our incite into whether we are getting a polybag shark sometime within the following week or two.

Edited by Scarilian

31 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Actually its not possible at all.

Could see them making one or two as an example, but not a ton of fully printed molded detailed sharks.

Pre-production sets do not have finalised printing - and we would'nt have gotten over 20 fully printed detailed shark's that have been distributed online by sellers.

It definitely reached production stage, and a great way into production by the looks of things. The shark is complete to the point where it was likely going to be sold or distributed immediately - so if they were cut from selling it would have definitely occured after a considerable amount were completely finished.

A total of at least 20+ Ghost Sharks were distributed by a combination of various online sites - such as Ebay. These all claimed that the shark was 'Sealed' - however no images of what it was sealed in were shown.

As such its possible that there is a polybag and that people who brought these, if they were not being ripped off, may give us our incite into whether we are getting a polybag shark sometime within the following week or two.

I wrote earlier that I have seen an image of a sealed shark. It was a clear transparent bag with the jaw isolated from the body, just like such items use to be stored in sets. Not in polybags. 

54 minutes ago, Jacob Nion said:

I wrote earlier that I have seen an image of a sealed shark. It was a clear transparent bag with the jaw isolated from the body, just like such items use to be stored in sets. Not in polybags. 

I highly doubt it's a polybag. But there's now officially only two weeks to release, and the Brick Show always gets exclusive sets early from Lego so their review/unboxing will be able to answer our question. 

32 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I highly doubt it's a polybag. But there's now officially only two weeks to release, and the Brick Show always gets exclusive sets early from Lego so their review/unboxing will be able to answer our question. 

Or at least one of our questions- it being in the set. The other circumstances will still be a mystery if it's not. But if it's not in the set, then it'll be something else. 

Could be a last minute safety or quality thing, where they realized it wasn't up to spec after the first batch had been made. 

TC

This is my first post in this thread. Does anyone know if any other sets other than the brickheads and the silent mary are coming? (Sorry if this is a really stupid question with an obvious answer)

Just now, robertgorman2505 said:

This is my first post in this thread. Does anyone know if any other sets other than the brickheads and the silent mary are coming? (Sorry if this is a really stupid question with an obvious answer)

There is no indication of any further sets at this time.

34 minutes ago, robertgorman2505 said:

Unfortunately nothing is confirmed, but given the lack of main characters that we haven't seen appear in the Silent Mary, we are all hoping/expecting another ship either this year or early next. 

21 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

What is your point? We already know about that leaked photo... :) But it doesnt explains anything..

LOL I wrote some text with it... clearly the text did not show up haha

I was saying that there would be no way this would fit in a polybag or givaway, and hisotrically speaking, sharks this large are included in massive ship sets. I hope there is another large ship, personally I don't like the one for 2017...

1 hour ago, pcvando said:

I was saying that there would be no way this would fit in a polybag or givaway

Polybag sizes vary massively so its not possible to dismiss it due to the size of polybag's or giveaways. Debate on the shark should likely be left till we have the designer video or the box art for the Silent Mary - and no, an official image of the set on the calendar may not be the finalised box art.

7 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

The lack of main characters that we haven't seen appear in the Silent Mary

Every main character has been released in one way or form. Will is the only one needing an update for his 'Captain Of The Flying Dutchman' appearance, though that was likely left out of the figure line-up because of the minor role the character apparently has in POTC5. Its quite clearly covered every main character in the movie except for Barbossa - who was released in one of the cheaper sets from the previous series.

7 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

We are all hoping/expecting another ship either this year or early next. 

According to Lego, there are no plans for any other Pirates Of The Carribean sets at this time. Though customer services are not told everything way in advance, the chances of them releasing another set based around the theme are slim. Personally i expect POTC6 to be the film which would give us the Flying Dutchman - though obviously it's too early to even tell if it'd return for that movie.

8 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Polybag sizes vary massively so its not possible to dismiss it due to the size of polybag's or giveaways. Debate on the shark should likely be left till we have the designer video or the box art for the Silent Mary - and no, an official image of the set on the calendar may not be the finalised box art.

Every main character has been released in one way or form. Will is the only one needing an update for his 'Captain Of The Flying Dutchman' appearance, though that was likely left out of the figure line-up because of the minor role the character apparently has in POTC5. Its quite clearly covered every main character in the movie except for Barbossa - who was released in one of the cheaper sets from the previous series.

According to Lego, there are no plans for any other Pirates Of The Carribean sets at this time. Though customer services are not told everything way in advance, the chances of them releasing another set based around the theme are slim. Personally i expect POTC6 to be the film which would give us the Flying Dutchman - though obviously it's too early to even tell if it'd return for that movie.

As much as I don't want to admit it, I know your right.  Possibly we could see a ship release next year like the Simpsons did, but other than that you may be right. 

11 hours ago, pcvando said:

Hisotrically speaking, sharks this large are included in massive ship sets.

Just the once. Mostly they're in mid- to upper-scale Agents-type sets.

11 hours ago, pcvando said:

LOL I wrote some text with it... clearly the text did not show up haha

I was saying that there would be no way this would fit in a polybag or givaway, and hisotrically speaking, sharks this large are included in massive ship sets. I hope there is another large ship, personally I don't like the one for 2017...

That's not true , small shark was in Juniors pirate set in 2015 and big shark was in Antimatter Portal Hideout set in 2015 which was 60-70$ set.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

That's not true , small shark was in Juniors pirate set in 2015 and big shark was in Antimatter Portal Hideout set in 2015 which was 60-70$ set.

I think you just proved pcvando's point. The large, minifig-eating sharks are usually found in larger sets. We will just have to wait and see what happened. Maybe we just got a leak of something we're never getting. 

21 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

Box art for the set is up on Facebook and shows the 2 sharks. 

Where on Facebook? The official page only has the high res pic from before.

4 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Where on Facebook? The official page only has the high res pic from before.

Minifigure price guides website not the official LEGO facebook. I have found the pictures myself and the fact we get two sharks is amazing!!!

Edited by SodorBricks

TWO SHARKS??? Woohoo!! I don't even care about the lack of a cabin now. I usually just pose the figures on the deck anyway. This whole shark business was super weird but I'm so glad our original suspicions were true!!