Capn Frank

Pirates of the Carribean 5 Sets Discussion

45 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The set releases in April and the April calendar is out and doesn't have the shark as a promo, so I doubt it's going to appear in a polybag. I still think it's extremely strange how we are about two weeks from early release and there's still not a single box image. 

The Avengers Helicarrier was released in March, it had an exclusive Winter Soldier Polbag with orders until stocks ran out (around the end of March) - it was not advertised in the March Calender. I'm expecting the Shark will be a polybag and it was not advertised in a similar situation to this.
March-2015-LEGO-Store-Calendar.jpg

Here are my thoughts on what likely happened, why we do not have the unvieled box art and what it means for the shark?
- Lego were going to release the Silent Mary including the Shark.
- Lego always used to shows blank boxes for VIP early access, but here they wanted everyone to be hyped for a POTC set so they intended to reveal the box art.
- For one reason of another, likely for cost cutting, they decided to not release the Ghost Shark in the Silent Mary.
- The decision was however late in the game resulting in the box art being hurridly blurred.
- Lego were however left with a considerable amount of Ghost Sharks left, so what do they do.
- Lego decides to release the sharks as a promotional polybag exclusive with purchases of the Silent Mary.
- Meanwhile official photo's of the set are revealed while the box-art is being fixed.

This to me explains why we saw the blurry image, but have not seen the official box art given that changes were made to the box art. It also explains what happened to the shark and why we wont see it in sets, cost cutting to make the set more affordable. It also explains why we've seen the appearance of the fully printed sharks recently with online sellers, either they have been scrapped or the one's being produced now are for polybags.

Edited by Scarilian

Are they seriously just doing the 2 brickheads and the Silent Mary? The last pirates wave must have sold horrible because these sets seem really oriented to AFOLs.

3 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Are they seriously just doing the 2 brickheads and the Silent Mary? The last pirates wave must have sold horrible because these sets seem really oriented to AFOLs.

For sure, I mean we have literally no interior whatsoever, which is crazy because a $100 set even get's a captains cabin.:laugh:

6 hours ago, Mesabi said:

The last Pirates wave sold out pretty quickly. For sure it was a fairly limited run but I'm assuming it achieved what Lego hoped for.

Conversely some sets from the initial Pirates of the Carribean range hung around on shelves for years. Probably why we're only getting a ship and a couple of experimental Brickheadz this time round.

3 hours ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

So, we're getting just the one set from POTC 5? Odd. I suspect other figures will arrive as Dimensions sets.

Dimensions is done though, and I don't think Disney ever participated in it. I doubt we'll get them unless they're exclusives somewhere like SDCC or the DVD release. 

New trailer for POTC 5 is out, and guess what..There is ZOMBIE SHARK in it...

Lego version of Silent Mary is doing to the "real" movie ship big justice. Its perfect. Pitty we wont get original Silent Mary, because THAT ship IS GORGEOUS! 

There has to be zombie shark in SM set. It will be oncomplete without it...that scene form trailer clearly depicts SM chasing small rawboat with Jack, Carina and Henry and there was that shark...

48 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Lego version of Silent Mary is doing to the "real" movie ship big justice. Its perfect. Pitty we wont get original Silent Mary, because THAT ship IS GORGEOUS! 

There has to be zombie shark in SM set. It will be oncomplete without it...that scene form trailer clearly depicts SM chasing small rawboat with Jack, Carina and Henry and there was that shark...

I don't think it's in the set, and I seriously have no idea why. They really seem to be pushing the ghost sharks in this movie and the leaked Lego version looks amazing and perfect to use in the set. 

The box art for previous sets that were VIP exclusive and appeared with the calenders NEVER showed the polybag's exclusive to those purchasing the sets.

As such its likely a polybag release exclusive for those buying the Silent Mary.

Edited by Scarilian

This whole ghost shark situation is mind boggling! We clearly see it in the newest trailer, but it's not included in Silent Mary set! Now Just2good's theory of shark being in Ninjago Movie sets is clearly wrong. So either Lego photoshopped shark from official images and it will be in a set, or it's a polybag promo, or ( the unlikeliest situation) we'll be getting normal non UCS  sets. 

While a polybag would work, I just can't fathom them releasing a shark as a polybag exclusive rather than a missing main character like Will or Barbossa. I think the question will finally be decided when we see the box art- so two weeks at the most. 

I believe the shark will be in the SM set, or it is another buffalo; Lego made a buffalo mould for the western series, but it was unfortunately never released in any sets :sadnew:

I have no use for a ghost shark, but it looks great and I hope it is in the set so people buying it will get it :classic:

All this back and forth about a shark that from Lego's perspective, apparently, we aren't supposed to know about. We only know because of factory leaks. Yes, the movie shark was in the trailer, but they never acknowledged the creation of a Lego version. I still think the secrecy is Disney's doing.

25 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

All this back and forth about a shark that from Lego's perspective, apparently, we aren't supposed to know about. We only know because of factory leaks. Yes, the movie shark was in the trailer, but they never acknowledged the creation of a Lego version. I still think the secrecy is Disney's doing.

Quite possibly, but what's to hide really?  I mean we have seen two trailers now.  We all know it's probably not going to be in this set.

So the "Silent Mary" is an spanish flagship like the french 10210 Imperial Flagship, not a pirate ship. 

Silent Mary = spanish
Imperial Flagship = french
Queen Anne's Revenge = british
Black Pearl = british
(Flying Dutchman = dutch)

Edited by Florian_Wayne

7g8HlR16EaP4K9V46loqM78kJ2UtyiwKjelPvwbj

9 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

34 minutes ago, Florian_Wayne said:

Silent Mary = spanish
Imperial Flagship = french
Queen Anne's Revenge = british
Black Pearl = british
(Flying Dutchman = dutch)

Interesting analysis.

3 hours ago, pcvando said:

7g8HlR16EaP4K9V46loqM78kJ2UtyiwKjelPvwbj

What is your point? We already know about that leaked photo... :) But it doesnt explains anything..

If it was coming out as a polybag the shark would have leaked in that, thus the conclusion I've come to, is that it's included in the set as you can sort of see them on the box. :classic:

What is the possibility the shark was pre-production and then cut?