Capn Frank

Pirates of the Carribean 5 Sets Discussion

I heard from my friend who has connections to Kladno factory that there isnt any shark in SM set, and also that there is no cabin interior...but I consider this just as a rumor until we see final Box art... anyway..DAMN :/

4 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

I heard from my friend who has connections to Kladno factory that there isnt any shark in SM set, and also that there is no cabin interior...but I consider this just as a rumor until we see final Box art... anyway..DAMN :/

If there's no interior that's pretty stupid in my opinion. A $200 pirate ship and you can't even put figures in the cabin? 

I know right? I hope that there will be some interior after all. But official description excludes cabin so ... that rumor might be true.. :/

If the official description doesn't mention a cabin, then I doubt it has one. But since it mixes several different scales to begin with, I imagine it could be tricky to implement, anyway. I'm not buying the ship, but I understand why people would be disappointed. And this whole shark business is just... crazy. Again, it seems it would be mentioned in the official description if it's included in this set.

There still hasn't been a "real" press release for it yet, like they usually do it with a designer video and lots of detail pictures. Something is strange with this set announcement. First we just get low-res pictures of it with a little description and no real press release, and then it's up on S@H with just the same pictures in high-res, but still no box pictures and whatsoever. Leaves hope they are still holding back some details for a real press release...

Actualy it is WEIRD about that announcment... Maybe they are still working on something in the set...deciding if they put shark in it or finalizing box art etc...But there is only 16 days to VIP acces...

I am trying to justify buying this set, but at a $200 price point with absolutely zero interior I just can't.

Depends on if its possible to mod it and keep the original look at the same time or not... I am curious if we didnt get cabin, what is inside the back of the ship?

33 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Actualy it is WEIRD about that announcment... Maybe they are still working on something in the set...deciding if they put shark in it or finalizing box art etc...But there is only 16 days to VIP acces...

Doubt it as manufacturing can take months to get enough product for shelves.  My bet is the set was finished and ready 2 months ago and they were trying to get a little more attention to the set through yahoo.com.  I have never seen Lego use another website as a press release before so I am guessing there was some confusion.  

It does make me wonder with the shark as obviously it has reached the factory floor and been produced or people would not have gotten their hands on it. 

It´s most likely that the shark is part of the Ninjago movie.
Now I heard this out of context from an employee I know that mostly have some good hints as to what LEGO is up to.
I have been most curiously about this shark mold, and the whole thing about LEGO not showing the boxart for this POTC set yet.

Now, Im still guesing, but having read @just2good ´s tweet, where he is guessing on the same, Im becoming pretty sure this will be the case.

But damn IT ... No more Dimensions, and no ghost shark for POTC .... LOL ... Weird year to be a LEGO nerd lover ! :sweet:

29 minutes ago, KlodsBrik said:

It´s most likely that the shark is part of the Ninjago movie.
Now I heard this out of context from an employee I know that mostly have some good hints as to what LEGO is up to.
I have been most curiously about this shark mold, and the whole thing about LEGO not showing the boxart for this POTC set yet.

Now, Im still guesing, but having read @just2good ´s tweet, where he is guessing on the same, Im becoming pretty sure this will be the case.

But damn IT ... No more Dimensions, and no ghost shark for POTC .... LOL ... Weird year to be a LEGO nerd lover ! :sweet:

My thought was that it's from that movie too, but the shark is shown like that in the trailer so it's really weird. I don't think it's in the set though- there's a picture that looks similar to how box art is styled on the April 2017 store calendar and the only thing in the water is the rowboat. Also, I absolutely hate the lack of an interior. The $20 Flying Dutchman SpongeBob set even had one. I really think that they dropped the ball in some places with this set. I'm waiting for a review and good pictures to decide on when to get this set, as I'm sure I'll cave and buy it eventually.

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

My thought was that it's from that movie too, but the shark is shown like that in the trailer so it's really weird. I don't think it's in the set though- there's a picture that looks similar to how box art is styled on the April 2017 store calendar and the only thing in the water is the rowboat. Also, I absolutely hate the lack of an interior. The $20 Flying Dutchman SpongeBob set even had one. I really think that they dropped the ball in some places with this set. I'm waiting for a review and good pictures to decide on when to get this set, as I'm sure I'll cave and buy it eventually.

Yeah, to me, something that is really bothering me, is that I was informed that the shark WAS part of the SM to begin with. Again my source, she´s just an ordinary employee of LEGO but have a lot of love for the brand as well.

I´ve been awaiting some new info the last week to get to know what is really going on here. Been curious as to what happened to Dimensions, as well as what is going on with this whole Shark thingy.
To me it´s obvious that the shark was designed for the SM, but I really have no clue as to why it wont be a part of the set ( in case it won´t ) it´s still twilight to me ( us ) .

But judging from my latest info and some pictures I´ve seen from some box art I offcourse can´t show, seems like that the shark ain´t gonna be part of this set.

Another thing is about the interior. I´ve had mixed feedback on that part. One says it does, another says a designer told him/her it doesn´t. So it´s still a freaking mystery to me.

But freaking hell, I loved your idea about the DVD / BlueRay edition of POTC5 including a Shark .... I hope TLG is reading this thread closely ...... Hint ... Hint ... Hint !!!!! :excited:

And now, only because I have seen all the hate that just2good got on Twitter I have begun to get involved myself again. For the love of the bricks.
Several years ago something similar got me down, now, there were other things in my life as well. But it drowe me into a dark age. I never tried to make people hate me. I did all I did for the love of LEGO.
Even started all over with a new nick leaving my old behind.
Im standing up again, cause the people who bring us the news in a positive way, are the people making this community exciting.

Love you all !!!! 

I highly doubt the Shark is from Ninjago sets as it's pretty much identical to the Shark in the second trailer.  My bet is there is a second ship around October/November time, it makes sense to me.  

13 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I highly doubt the Shark is from Ninjago sets as it's pretty much identical to the Shark in the second trailer.  My bet is there is a second ship around October/November time, it makes sense to me.  

I sooo hope you´re right.
Second thought is that, if is really is part of the ninjag movie, It might be a cheaper way to get several sharks. 

27 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Even if there is another ship (which I doubt) it would've made the most sense for the shark to be with the Silent Mary. Just2Good thinks it's from the Ninjago Movie and at this point I would legitimately trust him with my life, so that's what I'm assuming as well.

25 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Even if there is another ship (which I doubt) it would've made the most sense for the shark to be with the Silent Mary. Just2Good thinks it's from the Ninjago Movie and at this point I would legitimately trust him with my life, so that's what I'm assuming as well.

I suppose your right, it is strange though. 

I was mildly interested in this set but after seeing the Australian price ($350), the lack of any standout minifigs or zombie shark, and that you're buying the shell of a ship rather than an actual ship means I won't be getting it. I like the tattered sails a lot but not enough to pay $350!

Edited by TeufelHund

Oh, my tweet was not confirmation of no shark. As I said, I was guessing that, not sure of it (the Dimensions one I am sure of).

27 minutes ago, Lego_Talk said:

The new April Store Calendar has an image of the ship.

It has water surrounding the ship but yet no sign of a Shark.  It's defiantly clear now that it's not appearing in the set.

44 minutes ago, just2good said:

Oh, my tweet was not confirmation of no shark. As I said, I was guessing that, not sure of it (the Dimensions one I am sure of).

I know that it isn't confirmation, but as it's not appearing in the SM I do think the next most logical place is the Ninjago Movie. I really hope they have a surprise set planned with Will, Barbossa, and that shark though...

The set is not looking worth it at the moment;
- Seemingly no Cabin
- Seemingly no Shark
- Not in scale with figures
- Does not include Will or Barbossa

I expect highly that the back of the calender, which the April Store Calender instructs us to view, will mention the Brickheadz figures

Only option for the Shark to me is a polybag release for those who buy the Silent Mary.

It would be strange of Lego to make a ghost shark mold for the Ninjago movie and have it be in mass production now when the sets wont be out for many more months. Also, why would'nt they re-use such a mold with the Silent Mary?

Something just does not add up here.

I'd suggest holding off buying the set till we know what is happening with the shark, just incase its an April promotion or something. We'll hopefully get a designer video to explain.

To drive further insanity and craziness to the mix, the shark is sitting right there on the new poster - its clearly based on the left Shark next to the words 'Johnny Depp' - given the shark mold has bite marks taken out of the fin along with the skeletal rib cage.

TSs8cxH.jpg

The Shark also appears in the new trailer at 1:46;

Edited by Scarilian

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

The set is not looking worth it at the moment;
- Seemingly no Cabin
- Seemingly no Shark
- Not in scale with figures
- Does not include Will or Barbossa

I expect highly that the back of the calender, which the April Store Calender instructs us to view, will mention the Brickheadz figures

Only option for the Shark to me is a polybag release for those who buy the Silent Mary.

It would be strange of Lego to make a ghost shark mold for the Ninjago movie and have it be in mass production now when the sets wont be out for many more months. Also, why would'nt they re-use such a mold with the Silent Mary?

Something just does not add up here.

I'd suggest holding off buying the set till we know what is happening with the shark, just incase its an April promotion or something. We'll hopefully get a designer video to explain.

To drive further insanity and craziness to the mix, the shark is sitting right there on the new poster - its clearly based on the left Shark next to the words 'Johnny Depp' - given the shark mold has bite marks taken out of the fin along with the skeletal rib cage.

The set releases in April and the April calendar is out and doesn't have the shark as a promo, so I doubt it's going to appear in a polybag. I still think it's extremely strange how we are about two weeks from early release and there's still not a single box image.