Capn Frank

Pirates of the Carribean 5 Sets Discussion

The shark yet lives!

16864554_10155608022120260_4427267310388044198_n.jpg16712026_10155608022100260_7329882939160966317_n.jpg16649516_10155608022150260_4270899126746614940_n.jpg

I love the way it looks like you can insert a Minifig into its belly!

This might be the best indication yet that we are getting more POTC 2017 sets, as it's clear now it won't be released with the Silent Mary. Either that or the shark is an abandoned concept which will never be released.

Interesting to note the 2016 date on the underside...

36 minutes ago, Melvin said:

If I'm going to buy it, I'll buy it Germany, that saves me €20,-

Holländisch people are welcome in Germoney ;) 

I love the Silent Mary, can't wait!

That shark looks so amazing- I really hope it hasn't been scrapped. It's a great mold and it would be awesome if it's included in the ship! 

1 hour ago, booh88 said:

The shark yet lives!

This might be the best indication yet that we are getting more POTC 2017 sets, as it's clear now it won't be released with the Silent Mary. Either that or the shark is an abandoned concept which will never be released.

The 2016 date just means that's when the mold was first made- Dino sets came out in 2011 but the big T-Rex body mold says 2010 on the bottom. 

2 hours ago, booh88 said:

The shark yet lives!

We will not getting any additional POTC sets this year it was already said at least 10 times :)

shark is still mystery, we can hope it will be in SM set, or it could be in Ninjago set as well...

Edited by Blazej_Holen

This really does give me hope that we might be getting a FD or some other set! Do we know any big D2C's that are coming out in October? If not I feel like we might be getting that FD. I have hope because of the shark not being in the set and the fact that we didn't get a will turner. 

24 minutes ago, azog said:

This really does give me hope that we might be getting a FD or some other set! Do we know any big D2C's that are coming out in October? If not I feel like we might be getting that FD. I have hope because of the shark not being in the set and the fact that we didn't get a will turner. 

LEGO has officially said no more planned POTC sets, so unless that shark is in another theme, it's either the Silent Mary or nowhere.

1 hour ago, 8BrickMario said:

LEGO has officially said no more planned POTC sets, so unless that shark is in another theme, it's either the Silent Mary or nowhere.

Oh really? That's a major bummer. Looks like yet another year with no interesting sets for me to buy then... :cry_sad:

The whole Shark-gate situation is really getting weirder and weirder, especially since it's not even mentioned or hinted at in the s@h listing... All things considered, I think it's going to be released in another theme entirely, even though it looks EXACTLY like the sharks in the DMTNT Superbowl spot. My money is on the Ninjago Movie with all its sea creature based enemies :wink:

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The whole Shark-gate situation is really getting weirder and weirder, especially since it's not even mentioned or hinted at in the s@h listing... All things considered, I think it's going to be released in another theme entirely, even though it looks EXACTLY like the sharks in the DMTNT Superbowl spot. My money is on the Ninjago Movie with all its sea creature based enemies :wink:

Good point! I had a feeling it might show up in Ninjago, but I just figured that there was no place for an animal like that. It would be extremely disappointing if it isn't in the SM though. 

Too bad the Ninjago Movie sets were barred from photography- everything would have been clear... or at least the possibility might have been eliminated. Honestly, if it saves me from having to get this set, I'll be very glad if the shark is somewhere else. I like the ghost figures, but I don't really like them, and the ship itself doesn't grab me that much. 

32971879035_1ed0eb1291_o.jpg

Side view of the ship.

Most noteably it actually looks fairly good from the side, i can easily see someone filling in the gaps and having a 'hull' appearance - only difficulty would be the bow of the ship - other than that you can give it the apppearance of a hull easily.

Actually its a bit creepier now, because from a distance i could see people mistaking it for a normal pirate ship only for it to rise up - expect the movie will have a similar scene.

57 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I heavily doubt that it will be released with Ninjago as none of the Ninjago villains appear to be ghostly :P

7 hours ago, booh88 said:

The shark yet lives!

Has anyone considered that this may be an Avengers Helicarrier situation?

During and after the VIP early access the set was meant to have a promotion where you could buy the set and get a figure free (In that case Winter Soldier). Its worth noting there was a small delay with that promotion not appearing on time essentially meaning a bunch of VIP's brought the Helicarrier early and missed the promotion.

This could be the same with the ship. You buy the ship and there is a promotional release of the ghost shark for all those who buy the set.

I postulated the polybag theory days ago. We'll have to wait and see.

That side view does help make the ship seem more full. In any event, if I do get the set it will be for the parts. If I do somehow end up acquiring that shark, I will see to it that it finds a home in someone else's collection.

In official description there is no reference about this (same with shakr thing...).. Overal shape is enormously nice...I hope for it but are there any clues...? Is tehere some part that suggest it can be opened to see inside cabin?

I think there's two main flaws with the polybag theory: A) the size of the mould and B) the fact it's a brand new one. Polybags with exclusive new moulds are not without precedent (http://brickset.com/sets/5001121-1/BR-LEGO-Minifigure) but this would be well beyond anything they've done before :wink: Issue A) could be solved by releasing it in a small boxed giveaway set like the upcoming mini VW Beetle or the Christmas sets they've been releasing the last couple of years (which would still a massive stretch). Issue B) on the other hand...

Edited by Lego-Freak

Agreed. LEGO often reserves new molds for repeated use, and even if they'll never be seen again, they need a wide release to profit off of the mold. So a polybag for the shark isn't implausible, but it would have to see future use. An exclusive set, though, might make it work, but again- future use.

The ship look´s awesome. Just as I thought it would look from other angles, than those previously showen.
Also feels that the price seem´s more justified from the above picture.

The haul does look big enough for some cabin interior. We need more pictures !!!! :excited:

Still those sharks are killing me. I so do not hope that it´s an giveaway if one buys the set, cause then im pretty sure that we won´t be able to get it in Denmark. Just an feeling. :def_shrug:

Im going to LMAO if it turns out it will be this year´s EB´s Christmas raffle price !! ( And insanely humble to say the least. )

I doubt they would do the shark as a polybag. Lego has never done an exclusive big molded creature as a promotional polybag, have they? And if there is a promotional PotC polybag, I'd expect it to be someone like Will or Barbossa. However, maybe the shark will be an exclusive DVD release?