Capn Frank

Pirates of the Carribean 5 Sets Discussion

They BETTER give us the Flying Dutchman!!! It's ridiculous if they don't.

As we sit here today, I was HOPING this set would be my favorite Lego Pirate Ship to date, and I don't feel that way. I would say the IFS, BSB, SES and QAR are better imo. I might even put the TBB, BBB, and BP a head of this, but I'll wait to see it in person before I make that call. But I feel confident that the first group I mentioned I will still like better than this ship. 

So here we have it. I like the human figures a lot I must say. The figurehead is also very nice and the ghost figures seem accurate. It is nice to see that LEGO included enough crew members. 

The ship itself seems ok, I will probably buy hull pieces to close it though. I'm very curious about the interior. I hope there is one...

Edit: mmm looking at the pictures I would not be surprised if there is no interior. Any thoughts on this?

Edited by KristofBD
Updated

Not a fan of how they integrated a huge play feature into a purely display model. I'm seriously doubting buying this now...I think a Dutchman would've been way better. Also extremely disappointed with the lack of Will and Barbossa, though I can live without Gibbs. The ship is nicely designed though...maybe I'll have to wait for reviews before deciding. I'm also thankful we got more than 5 figures. 

While I think it is a great design to represent a ghost ship and a gorgeous display piece, it lacks the useful parts (hulls, cannons, etc) that I wanted for my builds.

I may buy it at some point down the road, but it's not a set I am going to clamour for.

2017-02-18-05.34.39.jpg
I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. The scale is a complete mess. The exterior of the boat matches up well with the figures... yet the doors to the cabin and below decks are tiny...

Just now, Scarilian said:

2017-02-18-05.34.39.jpg
I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. The scale is a complete mess. The exterior of the boat matches up well with the figures... yet the doors to the cabin and below decks are tiny...

How about that "floating" mast? :D WTF?

3 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

How about that "floating" mast? :D WTF?

Just noticed that, it looks so dumb. looks like the falling feature was an after-thought so they just added a brown joint piece.

Just now, Scarilian said:

Just noticed that, it looks so dumb. looks like the falling feature was an after-thought so they just added a brown joint piece.

Well i don't think it was intended to be a feature, it was just a way to connect the mast that should constantly be hanging off the edge.

-

The little 'doors' are quaint, it makes it look right at a glance. lego scale is always a bit wobbly but it looks nice in my opinion.

So the official images are out and so is the product description. 

And no ghost shark in sight.

Wow the ship looks so beautiful! I don't really like the amount of gold though... I wasn't sure about how I felt about the figures from the other pictures.. But the one with all the close ups changed my mind! Love the detail on the new Jack figure! This is definitely going to be a buy for me! 

2 minutes ago, Jacob Nion said:

So the official images are out and so is the product description. 

And no ghost shark in sight.

Barely any official images are released.  It seem clear they are holding off on the shark being shown for now.   For what reason i haven't got a clue.

11 minutes ago, deskp said:

Barely any official images are released.  It seem clear they are holding off on the shark being shown for now.   For what reason i haven't got a clue.

Look on hothbricks.com. There are all official set images except the box art. But no image of the shark. 

Also you can read there the press release of the product description. And the shark is not mentioned. If it was going to be included in the set they would have mentioned it about three times in the text. Like Lego always does when releasing new molds. 

Also the shark was on screen in the trailer so it wouldn't be a spoiler they are probably holding back.

Edited by Jacob Nion

Just now, Jacob Nion said:

Look on hothbricks.com. There are all official set images except the box art. But no image of the shark. 

Also you can read there the press release of the product description. And the shark is not mentioned. If it was going to be included in the set they would have mentioned it about three times in the text. Like Lego always does when releasing new molds. 

That's just the same limited amount and resolution images that yahoo had.

4 minutes ago, deskp said:

That's just the same limited amount and resolution images that yahoo had.

These are exactly the pictures the lego s@h will use. If there was a shark you would see him on them. 

I believe there won't be a shark since they would have shown it to us by now. Yet, I might be totally wrong... Nevertheless, without having seen the movie, I quite like the figs but I can't say the same for the ghost ship (except the brick built cannons and the tattered sails). 10210 and "Queen Ann's Revenge" still remain above "Silet Mary" on my favorite pirate ship list. 

On the OTHER hand, nothing prohibits you from moc-ing that set (heavily) and come up with a subjectively better ship. Let's see now how 200 $ are translated into € by TLG...

After the long wait for a big detailed ship...

We're getting this? :hmpf_bad:

I can see how people who go for this type of thing would be excited, and it's a creative set for sure, but... I'm seeing an expensive parts pack with some unique minifigs. I'll pass.

The new Jack Sparrow does look nice though.

I really like the ship! I already have two normal ships (Skull's Eye Schooner and Brick Bounty), so being able to add this really spectral ghost ship to my collection will add some nice variety. I'm very excited to have this set to display with my other pirates sets!

The zombie sharks are clearly seen in the trailer, if they're not included with The Silent Mary, that leads me to believe there may be more sets!!! I really like the bow raising function, it looks like it could be displayed as an old shipwreck : ) 

My friend´s instant reaction on the pictures... " Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" (it tooked aproximatelly 1 minute...for me it was eternity) :D

Edited by Blazej_Holen

Really confused about the absence of the shark. I don't really understand where else it could fit in for other sets, as Lego doesn't have any ghost/zombie themes running. Maybe it was a last minute addition so is on the box art but not in the description? Although I would be on top of the moon if they released one more smaller set with the missing main characters and the shark. 

The ship looks supernatural unholy to me.  I think naturally a ship would not stay up without its keel.  It is like walking around without your backbones.  It might be fun to MOC an unholey version for Eurobrick's Brethen of the Brick Seas.

Did LEGO officially confirm somewhere that there is going to be a ghost shark or this is spooky speculation on our part at the moment?  :pir-skel:

Don't think we've had any confirmation about the shark, just the leak of the mold itself.

As for the Silent Mary, I like it

And I imagine we may see a couple more ghost ships in BoBS thanks to this.